+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 132nd Draw

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
Is it easy to learn French?
no, It is not especially if you are learning to write an exam and that too within a short time. It's about the most challenging endeavor I had to undertake.
I had to do it because I had no alternative. I had maxed out my English score and had no hope of pnp.
But was it worth it? Yes I got to increase my score to 470(still pushing to increase further with spouse eca and spouse's retaking of ielts).
And I am bilingual now. I can converse comfortably (though not like a native) in french

Rkd@321

Star Member
Oct 9, 2019
Has anyone here from India done a 1 year PG diploma course in Canada? What is approx. tution fees and other expenses likely to be for 1 year? Is it worth it doing a 1 year PG diploma course so as to increase chances to achieve PR?

Haris011

Jan 22, 2021
Hi there!

Could somebody please assist me with the interpretation of my ECA result:
"First professional degree in physical therapy (Doctor of Physical Therapy)"

According to the CIC guidelines:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/selection-criteria-education-equivalency-assessment-outcomes-education-points.html

University-level credential at the doctoral level

Designated organizations assessment outcomes
  • Earned doctorate degree
  • Earned doctorate (Ph.D.)
  • Professional doctorate degree
  • Doctor of [name of discipline, such as Business Administration, Law, Psychology]
  • Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote i
  • Doctorate (Ph.D.)

Could I use this under Professional doctorate degree and claim points accordingly?
Thank you in advance!
Hey did you get your answer? I'm also stuck with same query. Did you claim professional points?