+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 132nd Draw

CG7

Star Member
Nov 20, 2019
Hi Guys
I am stuck at 446 since July and tried ielts thrice but no luck.
-Is there any other way to improve points other than ielts?
- Is there any chance that cut off will be below 450 in the upcoming draws?
- what is the process to apply for PNP and how long is the processing time and who is eligible to apply for PNP?

Any help will be approved!!!
I purchased ielts Liz advanced videos and it really helped with my writing.
I also got professional feedback for my writing to see my areas of weakness.
I used Road to ielts but I didnot find it that helpful.
Writing was my weakness so I found CAMBRIDGE WRITE AND IMPROVE website. It costs 10 pounds per month for practicing ielts writing while being timed like in a real test and it also gives you both task 1 & 2 questions. After you finish you get an estimated band and corrections and feedback. It is all done by the computer. It helped me see my stupid mistakes in my sentence construction and also improved my writing speed.
You need to find your areas of weakness and work on that. I got 35 points more after I maxed out my ielts. I gave it 4 attempts.

For PNP, most provinces will send notice of interest via EE and you can apply or you can apply directly to the pronvince. Each pronvince has different programs and you will find all the information on their website.
I got a notice of interest from Alberta and applied, got nomination certificate after 2 months. I don't have any ties with Alberta i.e. no job offer, no relatives and past study in the province. I got nominated under the Alberta Express Entry Stream.
I hope this information helps.

Reactions: hirumPK

Aitha

Star Member
Jul 5, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Thanks for the reply !!! I tried BC thrice and now I am planning to try idp. Lets hope for the best..
My 2 cents. Just my opinion.
I felt, here in Toronto, BC gives less band in writing and IDP gives less in speaking.

Before anyone jumping, judging or abusing me with logics like, you are unable to speak or write and blaming the test centers, I would like to back my statements.
My S and W bands in my 4 attempts scores were like:
IDP: 6.5, 6.5 (I can say my writing was bad)
BC: 7.5, 6 (I was confident than previous time)
BC: 7.5, 6 (I practiced rigorously but still...)
IDP: 6.5,6.5 (Fak it..)

So guys plan accordingly.

PS: Of course do your research.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Some interesting stats:

Based on the myimmitracker data, in the past 3 months PNP applicants constituted 20-30% of all eAPR filings (RED on the chart). This is compared to generally 5%-9% for the past 12 months.

The fact that OINP had been inviting heavily and maybe other EE PNPs too has resulted in CRS going high.

Thanks!

Last edited:

lightspeed97

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
In addition to my last post proving that there is no definite correlation between maintenance and draw .. I’m just wondering for people saying there won’t be a draw , how does a maintenance starting and ending in the early hours of Tuesday affect a draw that takes place midday Wednesday?

Smily Pathak

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
I purchased ielts Liz advanced videos and it really helped with my writing.
I also got professional feedback for my writing to see my areas of weakness.
I used Road to ielts but I didnot find it that helpful.
Writing was my weakness so I found CAMBRIDGE WRITE AND IMPROVE website. It costs 10 pounds per month for practicing ielts writing while being timed like in a real test and it also gives you both task 1 & 2 questions. After you finish you get an estimated band and corrections and feedback. It is all done by the computer. It helped me see my stupid mistakes in my sentence construction and also improved my writing speed.
You need to find your areas of weakness and work on that. I got 35 points more after I maxed out my ielts. I gave it 4 attempts.

For PNP, most provinces will send notice of interest via EE and you can apply or you can apply directly to the pronvince. Each pronvince has different programs and you will find all the information on their website.
I got a notice of interest from Alberta and applied, got nomination certificate after 2 months. I don't have any ties with Alberta i.e. no job offer, no relatives and past study in the province. I got nominated under the Alberta Express Entry Stream.
I hope this information helps.
Thanks a lot for this much information!!! It really helps

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
There is too much negativity in this grp , even those having 470 are panicking .. pls I hope they flush these 468 and above ppl out on weds . So we can have some peace .
Ok ok I know it is the god given right that only those in 450s can moan and grumble but give the high 460’s some benefit of doubt. They have been waiting nearly 2 months and above to get picked.
Cheers, Here is to hoping you get to complain in peace soon :)

Reactions: luzan

Amrit1234

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Thanks a lot for this much information!!! It really helps
Also, try to find your area of weakness in writing.

In my case, I was stuck at 6.5 in writing, and wrote IELTS 4 times. Then, i came to understand that my handwriting is not good enough.
Then, I took computer delivered test, and get the required band first time.

harish010188

Star Member
May 29, 2017
In addition to my last post proving that there is no definite correlation between maintenance and draw .. I’m just wondering for people saying there won’t be a draw , how does a maintenance starting and ending in the early hours of Tuesday affect a draw that takes place midday Wednesday?
Ignore them. They just wanted to create panic in the forum and enjoy watching others crying....