+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 132nd Draw

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
so does it mean we need to go to canada just to get biometrics even you are applying from outside canada? i think i should start thinking about plan B in this case.
No, it means now even you apply for PR from within Canada, you still need to have your biometrics taken while before Dec., only people we apply from outside Canada need to do so.

aikay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
just my opinion, they become too strict now for foreign nationals because of bogus people trying to go there. Well in this case when "good" people are being affected, I dont know if I should start thinking about plan B.

just gets to my nerves. If I was requested to do biometrics in canada for PR when I am outside canada and it costs 1000 usd for one way ticket, I dont think it sounds like a good plan anymore. Is it really going to be like this??
Read it closely and understand what they are saying .. I think this is for ppl applying from within Canada ..

Reactions: Nixnic19

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
so does it mean we need to go to canada just to get biometrics even you are applying from outside canada? i think i should start thinking about plan B in this case.
How will you move to a new country, find a job and survive if you cannot read a simple article, gather it’s premise and understand. Sorry if this sounds rude as that isn’t my intention. Have some patience and read the article again. You seem too hotheaded which isn’t a good thing in any circumstance.

Reactions: Nixnic19

Atri

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.
—————
For borderline folks

Moe.chattha

Dec 4, 2019
Hey everyone. Im new here. Have my profile in the pool since august...now at 467..started at 451. Have been reading this forum for a while now..only now decided to finally sign up..figured since my ITA isnt coming anytime soom..might aswell join in the whining :p my two cents: i think the process is too unpredictable to be judging whether a draw will or wont happen..even if the ICC is following certain patterns it suddenly goes off course and surprises everyone. Fortunately or unfortunately, this process is free from favouritisms and nepotism popular in countries like india or pakistan. but to be honest, im half making up my mind that i might not get an ITA at all..early next year my points will fall to 462 due to my birthday..and it doesnt look like we're having a draw today..and b2b draws are highly unlikely.

arvw

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
I don’t understand why people are saying there won’t be a b2b this month. If you look at past years, they all have a b2b before Christmas. It’s the three week gap during Christmas/New Year you should be worrying about.

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Hey everyone. Im new here. Have my profile in the pool since august...now at 467..started at 451. Have been reading this forum for a while now..only now decided to finally sign up..figured since my ITA isnt coming anytime soom..might aswell join in the whining :p my two cents: i think the process is too unpredictable to be judging whether a draw will or wont happen..even if the ICC is following certain patterns it suddenly goes off course and surprises everyone. Fortunately or unfortunately, this process is free from favouritisms and nepotism popular in countries like india or pakistan. but to be honest, im half making up my mind that i might not get an ITA at all..early next year my points will fall to 462 due to my birthday..and it doesnt look like we're having a draw today..and b2b draws are highly unlikely.
The reason many of us believe there's going to be a b2b draw today is that there have been at least two draws each month, even in this crazy year, and since Dec. 25th is a Wednesday and a public holiday, there won't be a draw on the day, ICC is very likely to have two draws on two of the 4th, 11th and 18th. It shouldn't come as a surprise if the two days are the 4th and 18th, right? But that being said, who knows what ICC is up to? Maybe there are three draws in a row, maybe there's no draw in Dec.

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
I don’t understand why people are saying there won’t be a b2b this month. If you look at past years, they all have a b2b before Christmas. It’s the three week gap during Christmas/New Year you should be worrying about.
I also believe that there will be B2B in Dec. 4th, 11th and 18th any two dates. That will bring CRS to anywhere between 465-467 as they always did B2B in Dec. since EE started. However they never had gap in Oct. due to FST but this time they did and it sky rocketed to 475. Now all we can do is, "hope for the best and prepare for worst". Even though B2B will get it little down, gap due to Christmas vacation will make it same in Jan. unless they keep 3600 ITA and PNP effect really lowers.