+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 131st Draw

luzan

Oct 27, 2019
New Brunswick, Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello why MD is count as master and not doctorat , my MD was equivalent of 7 years study
Is this true ?? MD with 7 years equivalent are considering only master i put it doctorat in profil
It seems like MD is considered to be a professional degree (equal points to master), while doctorate degree is PhD. (But I'm not 100% sure, may be other senior members can help in answering that?)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html
My suspicion that MDs are counted as Masters/Professional Degrees in CRS comes from this IRCC page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html which explains how to read an ECA, and seems to attribute 135 pt for "Doctor of Medicine". But that's not my field, so in doubt, please check with the company that did your ECA.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Is this true ?? MD with 7 years equivalent are considering only master i put it doctorat in profil
The reason why it is not considered PhD equivalent is in Canada it takes 4 years to complete under graduate study plus they count 2 years for graduate study (in some cases 1 yr too) plus another 4 years for PHD. So total 10 years of education. Anything below 10 years could be equivalent with masters

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
MD is a professional degree, no points for PhD for that.

My wife is MD but she also did her PhD after that. Your confusion is valid because MD is a terminal degree. But it is also a professional degree, not an academic one. Consider it equal to JD or an MBA.

Nov 27, 2019
Guys, sorry if this is a noob question - I have applied for express entry but not for spouse and child (non-accompanying) - apart from medical and pcc for spouse (medical for child) what other documents for my spouse should I submit?