Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Thank you :)
I finally (after more than 10 months...) got my ECA from ICAS. Because I have a PhD, that earned me 150 pts under "Core / human capital factors" and another 50 under "Skill Transferability factors".
What did you selected in education to fetch you Phd points ? Did you have eca from WES earlier ? any difference from WES to ICAS ?

Vvek

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Great cautious prediction, but I would like to point out if your possible bad news prediction becomes true (Nov 27 cutoff being 471), then I am afraid the score would not go below 469-468 even in case of a b2b draw because there will be more people added meanwhile and it would be difficult to clear the backlog. If there is no b2b draw then the year will end at 470 crs and the next year will start from that score and continue to increase there on. This seems to be a worrying scenario.
You may be right, but I still think B2B draw has the capacity to bring the score down by at least 5 points. Reason: Paper-based IELTS takes 2 weeks to publish results (So IELTS have a low impact). Ofcourse, there is CBT, but most of the candidates appear PBT. Around 1500-2000 candidates get added to the pool in a week(above 450). Even if we consider 60% of 2000(new addition) i.e 1200 are above 465, there will be 2400 additional ITAs to clear out the backlog, and I don't think there are 2000+ candidates in the pool with CRS from 465 to 469. So I believe B2B should bring down the CRS to at least 464, if happens on 18th Dec. Your analysis is welcomed.

Vvek

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
I disagree with this.. Looking at the internal tracker even there are only like 20 people out of almost 340 that are 471+

As at now the amount of people 470 and above in the pool is very very small compared to other distributions... Being single + masters + 3years experience + MAxd IELTS + POF is not an easy combination to come by
Well, I believe this is not the case now. You see, the draw on 30th October invited 3900 candidates with CRS above 475, means there were no any candidates above 475 in the pool after 30th October. But the draw on 13th Nov invited 3600 candidates with CRS above 472. The pool range approximately on 13th Nov was like:
600 and above= 1200(approx)
472 - 600 = 2400. (remaining)

It means either of two things, and both of them are not a good sign:
1. small backlog of around 400 candidates above 472 to 475(October 3 to October 30) + new addition of 2000 candidates above 472 to 600 in two weeks.
2. Huge backlog of around 800 candidates above 472 to 475(October 3 to October 30) + new addition of 1200 candidates above 472 to 600 in two weeks.

If we consider an average of these numbers, around 1200 to 1500 candidates above 470 are added in the pool in two weeks period along with 1200 applicants above 600, making new candidates above 470 to be around 3000 in every two weeks. It means only 600 old candidates(backlog) might only get cleared, which means maximum drop of 2 or 3 points. Please share what you think.

And with regards to IELTS, people either do not get CLB 9 at all or manages to get CLB 10 in Listening, Reading and Speaking module with CLB 9 in writing(in most of the cases), which means CRS above 470(Only for single candidates).

luzan

Oct 27, 2019
New Brunswick, Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
What did you selected in education to fetch you Phd points ? Did you have eca from WES earlier ? any difference from WES to ICAS ?
In the CRS nomenclature it's "Doctoral level university degree (Ph.D.)". My French-language ECA says "Doctorat en philosophie (Ph.D.)". Note that my PhD was in Physics; I think certain doctorates, like medical doctors only count as Master-level in CRS (135 pts, rather than 150).

I don't know about WES, I went directly with ICAS, basically because I didn't know any better when I chose to go with them, and had no idea they are sooo much slower than other companies (plus they said at the time it was only supposed to take about 20 weeks...). When I realized my mistake I had already spent considerable time, money and effort getting my original transcripts sent to them (I had UG degrees from France, where it's really unusual to have the institutions directly send documents, so I basically had to beg various people to do that for me as a special, one-time favor...).

Last edited:
Reactions: ersandee

leblord

Star Member
May 23, 2019
In the CRS nomenclature it's "Doctoral level university degree (Ph.D.)". My French-language ECA says "Doctorat en philosophie (Ph.D.)". Note that my PhD was in Physics; I think certain doctorates, like medical doctors only count as Master-level in CRS (135 pts, rather than 150).

I don't know about WES, I went directly with ICAS, basically because I didn't know any better when I chose to go with them, and had no idea they are sooo much slower than other companies (plus they said at the time it was only supposed to take about 20 weeks...). When I realized my mistake I had already spent considerable time, money and effort getting my original transcripts sent to them (I had UG degrees from France, where it's really unusual to have the institutions directly send documents, so I basically had to beg various people to do that for me as a special, one-time favor...).
Hello why MD is count as master and not doctorat , my MD was equivalent of 7 years study

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Can someone advice please - on EE, shall I mention Unique Client Identifier (UCI) from work Permit document or just leave it blank?

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019

Thank you for detailed reply. All the best. Get your documents ready, your ITA is arriving tomorrow. :)

Reactions: luzan

Skitles

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Reactions: alexross