+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 131st Draw

Vvek

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Hi guys.
I have a question and would appreciate any help regarding the following situation.

I am not sure which NOC to choose, 4031 or 4032 (teacher). Main duties are almost identical. There is "junior high school teacher" under 4032 and "teacher of mathematics" under 4031, so I don't know which to choose. My question is: What will they (administrators?) do if they decide that I have chosen the wrong NOC, even though 4031 and 4032 are almost identical? Will they accept my application (post ITA, hopefully) and just change the NOC, or reject it, ban me or something similar?

I am really frustrated and scared to make a wrong decision. Please, any word of advice would be very helpful.
First, get a reference letter from your school with all your duties or responsibilities listed. Then print out Lead statement and duties and responsibilities for both the NOC 4031 and 4032. After that check your reference letter with the duties on the NOC. Whichever matches more, you have to choose that one. If you still cannot decide, read the lead statement of both the NOC's, you can find out which matches the best. Another option would be to look at job titles mentioned in the NOC. It is upon you to prove via reference letters or any other documents that you did a substantial number of duties mentioned in the NOC AND your duties and responsibilities are consistent with the Lead Statement.

Wrong NOC might result in your application being processing time being delayed and might lead to rejection altogether. If you have not misrepresented anything about your job, then there is no question of the ban.

Reactions: JaaKaaa

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
add me at 468, just updated the profile yesterday from 411 to 468, I sat the IELTS for the 5th time and nailed the score :D

JaaKaaa

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
First, get a reference letter from your school with all your duties or responsibilities listed. Then print out Lead statement and duties and responsibilities for both the NOC 4031 and 4032. After that check your reference letter with the duties on the NOC. Whichever matches more, you have to choose that one. If you still cannot decide, read the lead statement of both the NOC's, you can find out which matches the best. Another option would be to look at job titles mentioned in the NOC. It is upon you to prove via reference letters or any other documents that you did a substantial number of duties mentioned in the NOC AND your duties and responsibilities are consistent with the Lead Statement.

Wrong NOC might result in your application being processing time being delayed and might lead to rejection altogether. If you have not misrepresented anything about your job, then there is no question of the ban.
Thanks a lot for your response. However, as I said, 4031 and 4032 are identical regarding main duties, which I covered all and I have a ton of contracts, certificates and annual plans as a prove, besides reference letter. Since my school is called Elementary (in our educational system, in Canada it is middle-school), I will go with 4032 and send LoE. Still, I am very anxious.

Vvek

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Thanks a lot for your response. However, as I said, 4031 and 4032 are identical regarding main duties, which I covered all and I have a ton of contracts, certificates and annual plans as a prove, besides reference letter. Since my school is called Elementary (in our educational system, in Canada it is middle-school), I will go with 4032 and send LoE. Still, I am very anxious.
You're fine then. Don't worry. By the way, when did you get the ITA? You should have planned it before getting ITA, that would've helped.

JaaKaaa

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
I am preparing for it quite a wile, but IELTS was insurmountable obstacle for me, I cleared it from 7th attempt in 10 months. Now I realize how one small thing can disrupt over a year of process.

Reactions: meow888

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
I have 3 previous employers. One of the employers provided the work exp. with all needed details except Salary. That employer has policy not to disclose that on work exp letter. I have e-mail from them, can I use that on LOE?
Not having salary info. on one of the work exp. letters will make some issues? The work exp. letters from other employers look good.

luzan

Oct 27, 2019
New Brunswick, Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
CURRENT INTERNAL CRS TRACKER STATUS
  • 460+ (Total 70) | ...
  • 455-460 (Total 83) – ...
  • 454-450 (Total 63) - ...
  • 445-449 (Total 61) - ...
  • 441-444 (Total 36)- ...
  • 435-440 (Total 18) - ...
  • Below 435 (Total 7) - ...
If your score is not included in the list or score is changed please reply to this post with your current score. Thanks!
luzan: 326 --> 526 :)

Reactions: mayjuly

SR_T

Aug 9, 2019
Wishing everyone all the very best for tomorrow's draw. May the CRS cutoff drop by several points tomorrow.

Reactions: nri7777

luzan

Oct 27, 2019
New Brunswick, Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Congrats!!! What has changed to increase the 200? Mind if you shed some light on it?
Thank you :)
I finally (after more than 10 months...) got my ECA from ICAS. Because I have a PhD, that earned me 150 pts under "Core / human capital factors" and another 50 under "Skill Transferability factors".

Reactions: yg96