+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 131st Draw

Lazybug

Star Member
May 1, 2019
So the others are all harsher then?
From their website it takes more than 20 weeks for IQAS for the evaluation, which is very long!
I don't know if others are harsher or IQAS was just easier. I know many people who completed Masters from XYZ unis across the street who went for IQAS to get their masters recognized, even if it means that it's going to take longer.

Nixnic19

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
I think they're trying to keep up with the processing delays.

IQAS paused accepting new assessments it might help crs to fall in later stages...WES is the only option left for those who wants to get their degree assessed to enter the pool with everyone now rushing WES i am sure they will take more time to complete the assessment.

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration-apply.aspx
Application pause notice

We are not accepting new International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) applications for immigration purposes at this time. This is a temporary pause from November 19, 2019 to May 19, 2020 to reduce processing times.

We will process applications for immigration purposes only if you have submitted and paid for them on or before November 19, 2019 at 12 pm MST.

You may still submit an IQAS application for employment, education (post-secondary admission) or professional licensure purposes. These applications cannot be used to apply for permanent residence in Canada.

If you need an assessment from an organization or a professional body designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to use for immigration purposes, visit the IRCC website Educational credential assessment: How to get one.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I am at 464 and losing 5 points next Tuesday, getting down to 459.

I can max IELTS to reach 468. Not sure how likely is to get ITA with 459 within the next 3-4 months. What do you think guys?
I would recommend you to max out your IELTS score. I don't think CRS cutoff it will come down in the 450s any time soon.

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
Out of 75K I personally know 7 people who could not submit documents within 60 days for different reasons. Numbers will be much more sum of who could not submit documents, who rejected ITAs, whose application got rejected and fake profiles. So I think there will be 3 draws for sure, 27 Nov 11 and 18 Dec. Lowest CRS can be from 462-466 because nobody knows actual density. Hope for the best and Hail new IRCC minister :p

On CIC news portal I found this para in news feed.

The Liberals also put greater emphasis on refugees during their last term. They increased refugee class intake to 15 per cent, and reduced the economic class intake to about 58 per cent. Family class immigration levels remained untouched.

So if this agenda is changed then also EE will be boosted again.

Last edited:

jazz_77

Oct 2, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have a question regarding how to calculate my work experience
Employer 1: Jan 19, 2015 - Aug 7, 2015 (Technically this is 6 months and 20 days) but Express entry system is mm/yyyy, so it calculates 7 months
Employer 2: Sept 25, 2017 - March 31, 2018 ( 6 Months and 7 days) but Express entry system calculates 7 months.
Employer 3: April 1 2018 - Present (1 year 7 months 21 days) but express entry systems calculates 1 year 8 months.

So in total i technically have 2 years, 8 months and 18 days and my CRS is 452, but my applications calculates mm/yyyy, so it becomes 2 years and 11 months of experience which would increases my CRS TO 475 next month (Considering 3 years). I understand that with 475 i am more likely to get ITA in the first draw in December. So should i decline the ITA and wait till i reach exact 3 years based on days counted towards my experience which will be on march 5 2020 or can i accept the ITA.

I have posted this question before and got different opinions. Today i called the IRCC and the representative told me i can go ahead and accept the ITA as long as the information provided on my profile is truthful and the officer's looking at your application will be well aware of the system limitations. I also did ask them if this was posted anywhere in the website and the representative did send me the below email.

Please do not reply to this email.

Date: 2019-11-21

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Invitation to apply - How IRCC calculates the one year work experience

When submitting an Express Entry (EE) permanent residence application, you must demonstrate you are meeting the eligibility requirements of one of the federal economic immigration programs. One of the requirements is to enter the month/year of work experience and no specific date. Therefore, you may have received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) even if you are missing a few days of work experience to be eligible.

IRCC officers processing the EE applications are aware of the system calculating months and not actual days/hours worked in a month. When reviewing an application, they will take into consideration factors such as:

• Continuous work status,
  • The Offer of Employment Letter from the same employer, and
  • Whether you reach the one year work experience at the time the EE application is submitted/approved or within a few days after.
The decision for approval is at the discretion of the officer. However, the onus is on you to provide all required information and supporting documentation to facilitate the decision.

Last edited:

yg96

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,
I have a question regarding how to calculate my work experience
Employer 1: Jan 19, 2015 - Aug 7, 2015 (Technically this is 6 months and 20 days) but Express entry system is mm/yyyy, so it calculates 7 months
Employer 2: Sept 25, 2017 - March 31, 2018 ( 6 Months and 7 days) but Express entry system calculates 7 months.
Employer 3: April 1 2018 - Present (1 year 7 months 21 days) but express entry systems calculates 1 year 8 months.

So in total i technically have 2 years, 8 months and 18 days and my CRS is 452, but my applications calculates mm/yyyy, so it becomes 2 years and 11 months of experience which would increases my CRS TO 475 next month (Considering 3 years). I understand that with 475 i will get ITA in the next draw. So should i decline the ITA and wait till i reach exact 3 years based on days counted towards my experience which will be on march 5 2020 or can i accept the ITA.

I have posted this question before and got different opinions. Today i called the IRCC and the representative told me i can go ahead and accept the ITA as long as the information provided on my profile is truthful and the officer's looking at your application will be well aware of the system limitations. I also did ask them if this was posted anywhere in the website and the representative did send me the below email.

Please do not reply to this email.

Date: 2019-11-21

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Invitation to apply - How IRCC calculates the one year work experience

When submitting an Express Entry (EE) permanent residence application, you must demonstrate you are meeting the eligibility requirements of one of the federal economic immigration programs. One of the requirements is to enter the month/year of work experience and no specific date. Therefore, you may have received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) even if you are missing a few days of work experience to be eligible.

IRCC officers processing the EE applications are aware of the system calculating months and not actual days/hours worked in a month. When reviewing an application, they will take into consideration factors such as:

• Continuous work status,
  • The Offer of Employment Letter from the same employer, and
  • Whether you reach the one year work experience at the time the EE application is submitted/approved or within a few days after.
The decision for approval is at the discretion of the officer. However, the onus is on you to provide all required information and supporting documentation to facilitate the decision.
hmm it totally depends how the Officer treats your profile but i ll say why not accept after january 5 and submit all your docs after march 5, 2020 its just you have to wait for a month and a half and i think you will get thru in the first draw of 2020 by the time you can do one thing you can gather all the docs i would say dont accept it until january 5 if you call IRCC again some other agent will have diff. opinion as for eg ( In my case i started working on may 22, 2018 and 1 year should be may 22, 2019 but my work permit was issued to me on august 1, 2018 and thats when i had my status changed from student to work permit i called IRCC 4 times 2 times they said you can apply after may 22 and the other two times they said you can only apply after august 1 so i played safe and applied after august 1 if i would've received my ITA before august 1, 2019 lets say june or july i would've submitted my docs after august 1, 2019 just to not make my file complicated) hope it gives you extra clarification on ur case and goodluck mate. BUT ITS YOUR CALL :D

Last edited:
Reactions: guggu96

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Good observation, I do not think this will help the CRS to fall down, only Indians with MBA or other masters we flocking into IQAS . Plus I guess they weren't as strict as other bodies, but the damage is already done this year, the CRS of 445plus is so huge that even if IQAS stop taking applications now, does not matter... loads of b2b draws are needed to get the score down below 450 which we all know will not happen.

The thing is the pool is so over crowded now, I doubt its only because of Asians, even other nationalities from around the world are applying in large numbers and they all go through WES/CES, Nevertheless this news could provide a temporary 5% to 7% relief in the 2nd half of 2020 and nothing more than that !!!
Yes agreed. And most likely IQAS will continue to issue ECAs at the rate they are doing so now. They are stopping intake because the ECAs queued up has become too much, and are planning to resume intake after clearing the backlog. But the rate of ECA output doesn't stop or decrease. They only mentioned pause in intake not in processing

Reactions: guggu96
Sep 19, 2019
hmm its totally depends how the Officer treats your profile but i ll say why not accept after january 5 and submit all your docs after march 5, 2020 its just you have to wait for a month and a half and i think you will get thru in the first draw of 2020 by the time you can do one thing you can gather all the docs i would say dont accept it until january 5 if you call IRCC again some other agent will have diff. opinion as for eg ( In my case i started working on may 22, 2018 and 1 year should be may 22, 2019 but my work permit was issued to me on august 1, 2018 and thats when i had my status changed from student to work permit i called IRCC 4 times 2 times they said you can apply after may 22 and the other two times they said you can only apply after august 1 so i played safe and applied after august 1 if i would've received my ITA before august 1, 2019 lets say june or july i would've submitted my docs after august 1, 2019 just to not make my file complicated) hope it gives you extra clarification on ur case and goodluck mate. BUT ITS YOUR CALL :D
Hi.

I have a similar situation, I applied for a work permit on Aug 30th 2018 and started to work full-time Aug 31st. I received my work permit only on October 31.

Based on your response I cannot claim 2 months of experience (September, October) until I received work permit?

Can someone else share their thoughts, please?

aramab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Hi.

I have a similar situation, I applied for a work permit on Aug 30th 2018 and started to work full-time Aug 31st. I received my work permit only on October 31.

Based on your response I cannot claim 2 months of experience (September, October) until I received work permit?

Can someone else share their thoughts, please?
you can claim,you received salary for sept and oct right?only the ircc didnt provide you work permit on time
one more thing you applied for work permit on 30 aug(its extension of work permit or new one)?

ersabine

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
I have 1 year Canadian experience and 2 year 10 months foreign experience. I am wodering whether I will get the 3 years foreign experience equivalent points after I worked 2 more months in Canada?
My current score is 464!