+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 131st Draw

umayash

Oct 25, 2019
Experts can comment --Without Payslips/Tax statements how would they know you actual worked 30/40 hours per week (or 5 days week work schedule).
Better to have those handy in my opinion to make your case stronger. You may ask their payroll dept to send those to you. I did same thing.
both are required, payslips and tax returns... This all are supporting the case, and the committee should not have any query, or doubt while verification
94k is the target for the year...
how they will fulfill this 94k target, will they drop the scores and b2b draws by year end or else

Last edited:

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
this tracker is good. can nyone tell by dec end, what are the prospects of crs -- I mean upto what score will get thru.
last two draw will have 1 week gap only, that's why it can lower up to 463-464 by last draw. If they continue 3600 ITAs from January it will come down slow and steady or it will be remain between 460-468 till May with 3300 ITA

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
can we have a link for that , all i found on the web is 81400 year target
that's the target but IRCC issued more than target last year, We can assume that was done due to wasted ITA and rejected profiles but It is not believable to have 90K+ ITA this year as they reduced it to 3600 since last draw. We can hope for 3 draws by the end of 2019. So they will stick to their published target only. No surplus

leblord

Star Member
May 23, 2019
that's the target but IRCC issued more than target last year, We can assume that was done due to wasted ITA and rejected profiles but It is not believable to have 90K+ ITA this year as they reduced it to 3600 since last draw. We can hope for 3 draws by the end of 2019. So they will stick to their published target only. No surplus
if they will stick with their published target it means that there are only 2 draws remaining simple math : 81400-75000=6400/2=3200 for that they reduced to 3600

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
if they will stick with their published target it means that there are only 2 draws remaining simple math : 81400-75000=6400/2=3200 for that they reduced to 3600
may be, that is possibility but we can hope for 3 draws as they did not pledge to religiously stick their target. If they make only two draws and gap due to Christmas, It will become so difficult from next year. I think they will have many cards to open in 2020. Lets wait and watch

leblord

Star Member
May 23, 2019
may be, that is possibility but we can hope for 3 draws as they did not pledge to religiously stick their target. If they make only two draws and gap due to Christmas, It will become so difficult from next year. I think they will have many cards to open in 2020. Lets wait and watch
someone already sayed here that its obligatory to have 2 draws per month , so if its true we hope for 3

Atri

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
TRF is figured out more or less, thanks to you guys. WES reference number is already known, their deadline is 28th. I am not primary applicant, but along with reference number, date of WES report is needed too. What shall I put in that ? And if we get ITA, will I be able to explain it later as profile will be locked after that (unless WES helps just in time and I modify it before draw). Need suggestions.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
I am not saying that Canada is bad. There are issues though that many families will face, especially in the beginning. For example, cost of living in the GTA area for a family with kids, single working parent and daycare for 1 kid might be so high that you end up doing a high skill job but earning enough to barely cover the expenses. Quality of living will definitely suffer and might continue to do so in the long run.

I live in Ottawa and the cost of living there is great. You can live a life, rent a spacious place for half the price of a basement in Toronto, there are cheap ski/snowboard resorts around, so it's all perfect. There are no jobs though.

You can go to Montreal, which has the life benefits of Ottawa and the amount of jobs like in Toronto. If you speak French. If you don't, then there are no jobs.

Vancouver. Amazing place. Crazy housing, a few jobs and the wages are way lower than Toronto/

Calgary. Dead for now. No jobs; you only hear about foreclosures.

I am not trying to discourage anyone. And I am not comparing Canada to the US. My point is that it's extremely tough for a foreigner here. If you have a family you'll need money. Quite a lot of money to sustain yourself and your families. Before you go, make sure that you can provide for your kids and not be miserable working for minimal wage because you can't get a normal job.

I have a US MBA from one the world's top schools. I have US experience. I haven't been disoriented after moving from the US. It's still very very difficult here even though I have some fantastic friends here. I believe that for people without US degrees and experience, it can be even tougher.

If you decided to go, do 2 things beforehand:

1. Learn about the employment law and tax system
2. Calculate everything. You will be surprised

My post is not dedicated to single immigrants. You guys are going do great regardless.
I suppose the immigration experience is different for everyone. I too moved here with my family (wife and kid) but found it extremely easy and comfortable to settle in. Being in the software field, jobs were readily available with high salary in Toronto. I got my permanent job through Skype interview before landing. Generally in software field if you are ok for contracting I see people getting jobs within 2 weeks of landing. Permanent jobs generally take longer as the company will have several levels of approval before releasing offer letter. Salary is high in Toronto when compared to cost of living. Only thing is currently I am not able to buy a house without a big down payment as the amount of loan I qualify is less because my wife is not working. So I need to save more money for down payment to buy house. But I see people with 2 incomes have no problem qualifying for loans and buying houses. I would say if both husband and wife are working it is easier to settle in as bank will give you bigger mortgage to buy house. Interest rate in Canada is low so what you pay for monthly loan payments is exactly same as what you pay for rent. once you buy a house you basically do not care that housing cost is high in Toronto. Every month a portion of your monthly payment builds equity of the high value asset in your name. I guess I can only speak for people in software field, but at least if you are in software, settling in is easy right now

Last edited:

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
I suppose the immigration experience is different for everyone. I too moved here with my family (wife and kid) but found it extremely easy and comfortable to settle in. Being in the software field, jobs were readily available with high salary in Toronto. I got my permanent job through Skype interview before landing. Generally in software field if you are ok for contracting I see people getting jobs within 2 weeks of landing. Permanent jobs generally take longer as the company will have several levels of approval before releasing offer letter. Salary is high in Toronto when compared to cost of living. Only thing is currently I am not able to buy a house without a big down payment as the amount of loan I qualify is less because my wife is not working. So I need to save more money for down payment to buy house. But I see people with 2 incomes have no problem qualifying for loans and buying houses. So I would say if both are working it is easier to settle in as bank will give you bigger mortgage to buy house. Interest rate in Canada is low so what you pay for monthly loan payments is exactly same as what you pay for rent. So once you buy a house you are basically do not care that housing cost is high in Toronto. Every month a portion of your monthly payment builds equity of the high priced asset in your name. I guess I can only speak for people in software field, but at least if you are in software, settling in is easy right now
IT guys are happy and common degree holders are working as cab drivers, Food service supervisors and in juice factory for rest of their life. That is sad and bad but fact.

Last edited:

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
last two draw will have 1 week gap only, that's why it can lower up to 463-464 by last draw. If they continue 3600 ITAs from January it will come down slow and steady or it will be remain between 460-468 till May with 3300 ITA
I believe It should go lower than that if we don’t have too many people sitting on 463