+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 130th Draw

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
I see what you are saying, but H1b guys generally find it hard to cross 450 points. Most are into their late thirties and have lost too many age points. The main source of high scores is PGWP applicants, they are increasing at a rate of around 30000 to 40000 year on year.
Wow the ignorance in this reply is truly mind boggling. There are plenty of candidates with a Masters and work ex in the US and applying to Canada as a safety net. All these folks have scores > 470 as long as their age is below 32 and good IELTS score.

And the other thing is it is usually the good candidates who are applying as well because they are not happy with the instability in the US and have confidence to gain better employment in Canada.

It is half baked knowledge like your answer that leads to conspiracy theories.

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
All these bulk Provincial nominations, sudden spike in scores of every Tom, Dick, and Harry, all those US H1B guys trying to move to Toronto will all happen when only we try to find some light in life

At least those H1B guys have spent a quality time in the US and must have made a good fortune being there but ordinary applicants like us (who have not even went out of country and doing all the hardwork legally ) will have to face all these hassles.

On top of that, these provinces are killing the chances of score coming down.

Not intended to anyone but that pissed off with the current trends.
My current score :462. Lost all the hopes

Long live all those H1B dudes trying to migrate north.
Your answer reeks of spite and misgiving. You will never prosper with this attitude. Work to become better and never blame others for your downfall which is exactly what you are doing with your post.

ontarioee

Jul 30, 2019
All these bulk Provincial nominations, sudden spike in scores of every Tom, Dick, and Harry, all those US H1B guys trying to move to Toronto will all happen when only we try to find some light in life

At least those H1B guys have spent a quality time in the US and must have made a good fortune being there but ordinary applicants like us (who have not even went out of country and doing all the hardwork legally ) will have to face all these hassles.

On top of that, these provinces are killing the chances of score coming down.

Not intended to anyone but that pissed off with the current trends.
My current score :462. Lost all the hopes

Long live all those H1B dudes trying to migrate north.
whats your argument here? you should be given some special privilege because you don't have PNP or a H1b? Try to improve your scores rather than crying on others.

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
When the cut off score was in 450, my score was in 440s then I worked on Ielts and got 457...then again cut off raised to 460s...then again I gave ielts and got 468 hoping I can get through. But now in next draw seems like cut off is gonna be more than 475+ ...and my work Visa is gonna expire in 2020 may ...

Reactions: tonydlaw24

roadtofreedom16

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
When the cut off score was in 450, my score was in 440s then I worked on Ielts and got 457...then again cut off raised to 460s...then again I gave ielts and got 468 hoping I can get through. But now in next draw seems like cut off is gonna be more than 475+ ...and my work Visa is gonna expire in 2020 may ...
Similar feelings, Pal.

Rickyguggu

Star Member
May 19, 2017
your ITa is on the way , even i have high hopes on 460,

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
No one knows for sure obviously but IMO you should get through with 468. Its just harder for score to go below 460 again and virtually impossible for 450 and below.

chirkut

May 26, 2019
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-10-2019
IELTS Request
L: 8.5,R: 7, W: 7, S: 8.5
I hope you referred to the guy who said his 100 clients have gotten their LMIA approved without any issue.
For what 35000 CAD???
I guess that’s the current rate for LMIA here.

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Wow the ignorance in this reply is truly mind boggling. There are plenty of candidates with a Masters and work ex in the US and applying to Canada as a safety net. All these folks have scores > 470 as long as their age is below 32 and good IELTS score.

And the other thing is it is usually the good candidates who are applying as well because they are not happy with the instability in the US and have confidence to gain better employment in Canada.

It is half baked knowledge like your answer that leads to conspiracy theories.
This is not half baked knowledge I actually know 100s of h1b candidates personally from my time in US. All of them have evaluated Canada as an option when their h1b extensions are in progress and their anxieties are at peak. Most of them as I mentioned are past 35. Out of the younger ones many have attempted IELTS multiple times and could not get 8777.

I have had many of them contact me on advice on the PR process and know all their potential CRS scores.

I know very well that only about 2% of the H1b population could get more than 450. May be 0.5% could get more than 470

Last edited: