Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
1. Not a lot of people knew about it after its launch. 2017 it started taking off big time. What you are seeing now is the growing competitiveness.
2. There has been no progress in the US visa impasse. The situation isn't great in Dubai either. Australian PR is far stricter.
3. I am from India, so I can tell you about India. The middle class is frustrated. Canada is the only reasonable opportunity for a lot of aspirants to leave the country and make a decent living for themselves.
I have to agree on the 3rd point. Not opportunities, healthcare, job security, family security for anyone below top 10% wealthy in the country, they being all the politicians, people in movie industry, big businesspeople, and doctors. Rest of the population's fate is completely unknown and is very fragile.

shinoshino

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
1. Not a lot of people knew about it after its launch. 2017 it started taking off big time. What you are seeing now is the growing competitiveness.
2. There has been no progress in the US visa impasse. The situation isn't great in Dubai either. Australian PR is far stricter.
3. I am from India, so I can tell you about India. The middle class is frustrated. Canada is the only reasonable opportunity for a lot of aspirants to leave the country and make a decent living for themselves.
It is an eye opener. Actually in China I always hear about that India is a prosperous country and will soon be more developed than China..... in China there are few people would like to immigrate to Canada. Maybe the reason is Language.

Reactions: EnthuChap

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Pato46, you are in the same situation as my fellow Brazilian friends. M.D. would be considered a doctorate, but in South America, you receive a bachelors in medicine, and it would only count as an undergraduate degree.

If your specialization diploma clearly states it is a doctorate then yes, otherwise IRCC (or rather ECA - entity which validates you degree and give it a Canadian equivalency) will not consider it a doctorate.

In fact, if your specialization diploma does not even mention it is a master's degree, ECA will just consider it as a "post-grad diploma", which will give you less points than a master's equivalency. Unfortunately, wording is very important, so check what is written in your diploma.

It would be a professional degree unless you do a MD PhD which would be a PhD and professional degree.

Lazybug

Star Member
May 1, 2019
I just wonder why people suddenly be interested in Canada this year There was no big difference between 2017 and 2018. After February 2019 everything changed. What has happened in last 10 months?
From my personal experience, I didn't even know about it untill 2018 when my cousin decided to pursue this. And im like ohh you can do that? I was already living in Germany but was getting frustrated with their PR process and made a slow decision to try it this year. Should have been smarter and applied back then, imo. But life has its ways.

So yea a lot of people didn't know. There are multiple thousands immigrants working hard to get PR in many different countries, everyone is realizing that Canada is their easiest option atm in terms of processing as well as the quality of life they offer.

dgnbach

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
I just wonder why people suddenly be interested in Canada this year There was no big difference between 2017 and 2018. After February 2019 everything changed. What has happened in last 10 months?
I think the biggest reason was that before people still very much hoping/trying to get pr in countries such as US, Australia, etc. Now when every countries is getting stricter regarding their immigration policies, the hopes for the big names are getting slimmer and people feel the need for a backup plan. As time goes by, the Canadian open immigration policies get more lights shed on and it is a perfect location if you want to be under the North American culture.

However, as you saw the EE cutoff has reached 475, and potentially even higher next year, we can say that as more people are showing interest in Canada, the country's immigration policies will definitely strengthen within the next 2-3 years after they get the target number of immigrants, and after that Canada will become Australia all over again. In my opinion, the next 2 years would be the prime time to get Canadian PR, as I believe it will be much more difficult thereafter.

fperk_83

Nov 1, 2016
Looking at the no of people in the pool and new additions daily..the score is likely to remain high above 460 for quite some time..hope it goes down by beginning of next year..anyways even I m losing 5 points this month

Nov 3, 2019
I am 463 rt now, just entered the pool recently, please add me also. I will go down to 457 in mid feb 2020. What are my odds of receiving ITA before that.

bambisp

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
I kindly need advice :( my ielts (on the first and only try) are listening 9, reading 7, writing 7.5, speaking 8. Overall 8. my crs is 461. The reading let me down but if i am to redo to get the highest score (8.0-9.0) like in the other modules, my score can rise by 3 points to 464. Of course getting the 3 points isn't guaranteed and ielts isn't exactly cheap....help! What would you do? i am not confident to redo them plus the next registration dates are for early decemeber....

Last edited:

shinoshino

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
I kindly need advice :( my ielts (on the first and only try) are listening 9, reading 7, writing 7.5, speaking 8. Overall 8. my crs is 461. The reading let me down but if i am to redo to get the highest score (8.0-9.0) like in the other modules, my score can rise by 3 points to 464. Of course getting the 3 points isn't guaranteed and ielts isn't exactly cheap....help! What would you do?
definitely you need to try again. My score is 7 overall but my reading is 9. I’m jealous of your LWS score XD if I could get that high, I would have 474 in pool

bambisp

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
definitely you need to try again. My score is 7 overall but my reading is 9. I’m jealous of your LWS score XD if I could get that high, I would have 474 in pool
what do you have now? i would receive the results mid december which seems far...there's hope of ita before then..hmm

kabir_krishna

Jul 3, 2019
Guys
I have a score of 456 and still waiting. And I have no idea when CiC will invite me.
I was looking in this thread , people even above 460 are also paranoid. Guys calm down and wait. Don’t stress too much

I’m expecting 3 draws in November and 2 in December. And the crs score will come down to 455 by the end of December.

aikay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
I kindly need advice :( my ielts (on the first and only try) are listening 9, reading 7, writing 7.5, speaking 8. Overall 8. my crs is 461. The reading let me down but if i am to redo to get the highest score (8.0-9.0) like in the other modules, my score can rise by 3 points to 464. Of course getting the 3 points isn't guaranteed and ielts isn't exactly cheap....help! What would you do? i am not confident to redo them plus the next registration dates are for early decemeber....
Exactly same tin am facing ... LRSW -9,8,7.5, 7 . And am just on 462 . If i redo it to get maximum writing score , I'll only have 465, and getting that 7.5 in writing is not guaranteed. .