+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 130th Draw

ahsanshahbaz

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
If there is a draw today, when will it be usually?
If there is a draw today it would happen between now and next 3-4 hours. However there is no confirmation that there will be a draw today. As bi-weekly draw have been a rare occurrence and have been almost non existent this year. There will be a draw next week as per regular bi-weekly routine thats for sure.

dondeed

Nov 4, 2019
If someone is opportuned to attend a fair ,What are the best questions can one ask these two groups when you visit their stand?
-Province representatives?
-employers?

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
If someone is opportuned to attend a fair ,What are the best questions can one ask these two groups when you visit their stand?
-Province representatives?
-employers?
Are you talking about job fair?
If yes, then ask whatever you want. What they do, where they are located, how their business works.... Literally anything.
They usually collect resumes and then pick candidates from the list.

yg96

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
no. None of this is true.

@jazz_77 To stay legally in the US, you need an EAD and your i20. F1 visa is just for entering the United states. It has nothing to do with your Canadian PR application.
its always a great idea to add every doc coz if they asks you for more docs it takes more time to process i was just saving his time and i only said he should in my opinion my cousin did and they didnt ask for extra docs and he actually submit all the visas which were expired to just to be on the safe side so before you say no. none of this is true just do some research fam anyways sry if u think i was rude cheers :)

dondeed

Nov 4, 2019
Are you talking about job fair?
If yes, then ask whatever you want. What they do, where they are located, how their business works.... Literally anything.
Thank you.They usually collect resumes and then pick candidates from the list.
Yes, please do you have an idea if interview is done rightway in some cases or they pick from the lsit after the fair is over?

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
If there is a draw today it would happen between now and next 3-4 hours. However there is no confirmation that there will be a draw today. As bi-weekly draw have been a rare occurrence and have been almost non existent this year. There will be a draw next week as per regular bi-weekly routine thats for sure.
I don't think there's a draw happening today.

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
Yes, please do you have an idea if interview is done rightway in some cases or they pick from the lsit after the fair is over?
Depends how big the fair is. But usually they collect all the resumes and then spend a week or 2 going through them and then another week for interviews. Some companies have 2-3 rounds of interviews.

Example: My SO works in HR for some company and they had a job fair a month ago. Last interview was yesterday and they are about to pick some candidates by the end of the week.

Last edited:

bhardu

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
NOC Code......
I understand the frustration we all are going through, honestly they are acting really really weird post elections... I nowhere see how this is going to be an immigration friendly government ...we are the most sufferers (455-465) coz anybody above are picked up by Express Entry and below them are picked up by PNPs.... Feeling pathetic looking at how this is going :(
imho , pnp's are a hit or miss.... they may or may not pick you up. But, EE is a sure hit once you get ita.

umayash

Oct 25, 2019
From all predictions n guessing ...this comes out that if draws are delayed then the CR's score goes high...n if it is held in every two weeks then it comes down.... Long time delay in draw means clearly rise in cutt off

dondeed

Nov 4, 2019
Depends how big the fair is. But usually they collect all the resumes and then spend a week or 2 going through them and then another week for interviews. Some companies have 2-3 rounds of interviews.

Example: My SO works in HR for some company and they had a job fair a month ago. Last interview was yesterday and they are about to pick some candidates by the end of the week.
The resumes,must it really be in the canadian format (2 pages maximum) or do you think employers will be willing to see detailed resumes of more than 2 pages for people who have many years or experience.

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
The resumes,must it really be in the canadian format (2 pages maximum) or do you think employers will be willing to see detailed resumes of more than 2 pages for people who have many years or experience.
If they have a very small stack of resumes then they would go through detailed papers.

In my opinion, I prefer to have a 1 page resume, 2 at max. As an HR, I would not want to go through 2+ pages if I had 100 of them.
Experience and skill should match job description because that's what they are looking for. If the previous job is not related to the listed position then I would avoid putting it in.