Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
I have to disagree, 455 is still a decent score. The next few draws may become a bit more competitive. But eventually, it will plateau around 455.
I strongly agree with you @enibeni23. Even with same admission target as last year 89800 we will either see one b2b draw or increase in crs to 3900. So far (untill July 24th) 49000 ita are issued.
89800-49000= 40800.
Which means 40800 more ita can be issued in 2019. So one of these things will happen:
  • Cic will increase no. Of ita per draw to 3900 if the have 10 more regular draws and one FST draw. OR
  • There will be 11 regular draws and one FST draw. Which means one B2B draw in remaining year.
In either of the above case crs will drop down to 455 by end of this year. This is not a false hope. Try to increase your CRS in the mean time if you can even if you are above 455. But people who can't should not lose hope.

enibeni23

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Midwest USA
NOC Code......
I strongly agree with you @enibeni23. Even with same admission target as last year 89800 we will either see one b2b draw or increase in crs to 3900. So far (untill July 24th) 49000 ita are issued.
89800-49000= 40800.
Which means 40800 more ita can be issued in 2019. So one of these things will happen:
  • Cic will increase no. Of ita per draw to 3900 if the have 10 more regular draws and one FST draw. OR
  • There will be 11 regular draws and one FST draw. Which means one B2B draw in remaining year.
In either of the above case crs will drop down to 455 by end of this year. This is not a false hope. Try to increase your CRS in the mean time if you can even if you are above 455. But people who can't should not lose hope.
Agree with your evidence-based inferences. Everything is pretty much determined on how next Wednesday will pan out. I hope to see a draw on that day. At 478, I feel a bit anxious, but I am not petrified by any means. Whatever is meant to be will happen.

Reactions: Angel1113

enibeni23

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Midwest USA
NOC Code......
Practice a lot. Write longer, complex texts with a range of diverse grammatical structures and reduce grammatical errors.
Maybe try a different test.I went for IELTS and received score 7.5. I went and did CELPIP and scored 10.
I suggest exploiting all the possible options to increase your score.
Couldn't have said better. Nothing short of practicing a lot and integrating critical thinking into one's writing is the best way to go.

bxiao0801

Jul 24, 2019
Guys, do 451 stand a chance by the end of this year? This is the highest score that I can get, currently I am 448, software developer with 1 year experience in the U.S

clb10 is not easy for me.Having had several attempts, each time with a single section stuck a clb9. What is worse, the EE score is so insane that I begin to worry that I may not be drew even IELTS is maxed out.

Should I spend the time fighting IELTS to get that 3 additional points, or just giving a shot to try to get a job and a LMIA there?I know LMIA is hard but I just don't see the hope of 451 being drawn this year

Last edited:

KMB2C2019

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
Pinned tweet from IRCC twitter Account:

We will not respond to any questions sent from August 10-11. Please hold your questions until August 12. Thanks for understanding!

Probably draw on Monday then.

Reactions: WantToImmigrate

nj22

Jul 10, 2019
I’m at 7.5 overall. Listening - 8.5/ Speaking - 7.5/ writing -6 and reading 7. I’m retaking IELTS this tuesday and if I could just increase my writing and reading, I’ll be 470+.
If this doesn’t workout then I’ll go for CELPIP.

Thankyou for the prompt reply mate!
From my experience, I did both test 3 weeks apart when I did IELTS mines were:
Listening 7.5
Speaking 8.5
Reading 7
Writing 7.5

I did CELPIP recently:
Listening 11
Speaking 9
Writing 10
Reading 9

I cannot say which English Language test is best, but from my experience CELPIP produces better scores when evaluating my proficiency in the English language.

All the best. I hope there will be some improvement in your scores,

KMB2C2019

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
I am from the same profession. It is advisable you check CPA Canada website and check if there is some MOU with your CA Body. If there is no MOU you may be eligible for some exemptions based on how CPA Canada rates your CA organisation. As an accountant you should know local qualification is valued by a country's employer due to local candidates having better knowledge of tax, local gaap, business law etc. Most accounting jobs as per my research require CPA Qualified or partly qualified.

First determine the route that is suitable to get CPA qualification based on your credentials then think are you up for that challenge which may require additional study.
Hey

I am eligible to get CPA Canada Membership. Can I claim points for masters if I do so?

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
Guys, do 451 stand a chance by the end of this year? This is the highest score that I can get, currently I am 448, software developer with 1 year experience in the U.S

clb10 is not easy for me.Having had several attempts, each time with a single section stuck a clb9. What is worse, the EE score is so insane that I begin to worry that I may not be drew even IELTS is maxed out.

Should I spend the time fighting IELTS to get that 3 additional points, or just giving a shot to try to get a job and a LMIA there?I know LMIA is hard but I just don't see the hope of 451 being drawn this year
Did you get Ontario invitation? I would go for that route if I were you, were on the same boat. US IT 1 year exp, feel like Canada isn’t meant for people with 1-yr experience anymore. I maxed ielts but sitting at 456.

Chuaxin1

Jun 19, 2019
Can anyone share some tips for increasing writing score from 6 to 7?
I had 3 IELTS attempts and got 6.5 for the first two attempts and 8.0 on the last attempt. The second and third attempt is only two weeks apart.

I would say practice planning your essays. There are tons of questions on IELTSliz's. website. I didn't practice a lot on writing full essays, but I've definitely practiced planning at least 15 different topics (business, education, work, family, etc.) of task 2 questions. If you can't think of ideas, try googling. Definitely expand your knowledge on different type of topics. It'll help you think of ideas faster on your test. Once you’ve planned out everything, you’ll write the essay very fast and have time to do some final editing. Also, time yourself to create an essay plan within 10 mins max.

Also, I suggest writing task 2 first then task 1. From my own experience from the first two test, I tried "perfecting" task 1 and wrote a lot of words which is actually unnecessary and increased the chances of grammar mistakes. Writing task 2 first will allow you to perfect task 2, and for task 1, you will realize you do not have much time and actually only include the necessary information. Most importantly, use a wide range of vocabularies, it doesn't have to be extremely difficult, but you need to use different kinds of words.

One more thing, your essay should be written in a way that all the supporting points and examples flow logically which goes back to having good planning on the essay.

Last edited:
Reactions: tanveennagi

Kenneth89

Jun 1, 2019
CRS score of nxt draw will be high, wixhni believe will be above 466..looking at the current trend, and the influx of PNPs even if CIC increases ITAs to 3900, it will take till the end of year before it can barely fall below 456 .