+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 123rd Draw

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Hi everyone.
I am in pool since March with 448 points and my points will increase to 472 in October as my experience will turn to 3 yrs then. I want to utilise the time in all this waiting period. Please tell me if I can take bank manager's letters from my bank accounts in my hometown 2 months prior to getting ITA. These are two very less used accounts but as I have read all our accounts must be clear of debts and loans, I understand we need to take letters from all our existing bank accounts. For the main account with my money for proof of funds, I will take letter after ITA only.

So please suggest if I can take the letter for unused bank accounts 2 months prior to getting the ITA.

Thanks
You don't need to show the other accounts unless they are burdened with debts, the account with the required funds is sufficient enough.

For that matter, if the accounts are running with debts, try to clear them off or show that many extra funds in the account which should be equivalent to the total outstanding debts.

And if you do that, don't forget to add a little note with your POF PDF stating that there are total funds which is money required as per cic + the outstanding debts = total balance.

This will help the officer to figure out the exact amount available funds to use and to repay the debts.

Note: CIC is not dumb as they know that the X debt has to be paid over a period of time and not in one go so they would also like a LOE stating how you're gonna pay the outstanding debt when you've landed in Canada.

So all this write up is then when, you have debts in all your accounts and if you have.......... the little note with the PDF and the LOE will help you make your Titanic reach Canada.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
no, 455 is not a decent score anymore.

CIC sent a very clear message this time that they want to take 460+ people

We have to wait till the end of August to see what is Cic actually trying to do. I still don't think Cic purposely are trying to increase the score, if that was the case then they wouldn't have invited 3900 people in Jan 30 with a back to back draw with the cutoff being at 438. They had the whole year to wait and see to get people at much higher score than 438. I know its tough for all of us but I feel cic has to rather deal with backlog which made them skipped this draw.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
I am considering taking up the pnp option if I get it. My score is 456 and im maxed out.

My noc is 2133 - electrical and electronics engineer and im confused which province nominates electrical engineers.

nj22

Jul 10, 2019
Can anyone share some tips for increasing writing score from 6 to 7?
Practice a lot. Write longer, complex texts with a range of diverse grammatical structures and reduce grammatical errors.
Maybe try a different test.I went for IELTS and received score 7.5. I went and did CELPIP and scored 10.
I suggest exploiting all the possible options to increase your score.

tanveennagi

Jul 24, 2019
Practice a lot. Write longer, complex texts with a range of diverse grammatical structures and reduce grammatical errors.
Maybe try a different test.I went for IELTS and received score 7.5. I went and did CELPIP and scored 10.
I suggest exploiting all the possible options to increase your score.
I’m at 7.5 overall. Listening - 8.5/ Speaking - 7.5/ writing -6 and reading 7. I’m retaking IELTS this tuesday and if I could just increase my writing and reading, I’ll be 470+.
If this doesn’t workout then I’ll go for CELPIP.

Thankyou for the prompt reply mate!

Solitude828

Aug 9, 2019
Last edited:

tanveennagi

Jul 24, 2019
https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html

Take a look at this guide. I stuck to it when taking my GMAT and also used pretty much the same structure for IELTS. Funny thing is, I got a perfect score (6.0/6.0) in GMAT, which is a test for graduate business schools, but only 8 in IELTS general, which I think is kinda funny. It makes me feel like IELTS scoring is very inconsistent.
It is funny like perfect score GMAT but 8 in IELTS.
Anyways thankyou. I’ll check it out.

Reactions: Solitude828

enibeni23

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Midwest USA
NOC Code......
You just made it look like sound very horrible.
Its not that bad a situation. People should keep their cool and wait for the next draw and try whatever there is a possibility for them. Anything above 455 is already very decent for this year. And CIC ll be back with draws so no need to panic and the cutoff ll be at worst in higher 460s.
You are right, It's probably not as worse at 480, but I would think we might have some fluctuations between 455 to 465 range. Maybe there would be an offshoot (probably once a blue moon type scenario) where it may reach 470 again. The crux of what I was trying to convey was to share my thought that everyone should leave no stone unturned if they can and score the best score they can.

Ilyushin76

Mar 24, 2019
You are right, It's probably not as worse at 480, but I would think we might have some fluctuations between 455 to 465 range. Maybe there would be an offshoot (probably once a blue moon type scenario) where it may reach 470 again. The crux of what I was trying to convey was to share my thought that everyone should leave no stone unturned if they can and score the best score they can.
I agree. Better be safe than sorry.

Reactions: enibeni23

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html

Take a look at this guide. I stuck to it when taking my GMAT and also used pretty much the same structure for IELTS. I got a perfect score (6.0/6.0) in GMAT, which is a test for graduate business schools, but only 8 in IELTS general, which I think is kinda funny. It makes me feel like IELTS scoring is very inconsistent.
There are people on this forum who talk garbage, and then there's this. Accurate AF. Scoring a 6 on AWA is definitely easier than IELTS, not sure why. Exact same experience. Having said that, if you are scoring around the 6-6.5 mark, practice harder. Read more. Get others to evaluate your content, and that's the best you can do.

Reactions: Solitude828