Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2019
My CRS is 459 (got it updated on July 12, profile created in Jan 2019) and birthday in September which will drop the score to 454. We have maxed out the score at 459, maximum points for education (both have masters degrees), IELTS (9,8,8,8) and for my wife IELTS (8.5,8.5,8,8.5), sibling in Canada (15 points). Finally achieved the maximum score after 3-4 attempts at IELTS. I am hoping to get ITA in the upcoming draw. If not then what are the chances for getting ITA post September with score of 454?
Also rumors that new Canadian government (if conservatives win) might stop Express entry process altogether or make significant changes to it. Is there any credence to these rumors?

#EEC

May 19, 2019
My CRS is 459 (got it updated on July 12, profile created in Jan 2019) and birthday in September which will drop the score to 454. We have maxed out the score at 459, maximum points for education (both have masters degrees), IELTS (9,8,8,8) and for my wife IELTS (8.5,8.5,8,8.5), sibling in Canada (15 points). Finally achieved the maximum score after 3-4 attempts at IELTS. I am hoping to get ITA in the upcoming draw. If not then what are the chances for getting ITA post September with score of 454?
Also rumors that new Canadian government (if conservatives win) might stop Express entry process altogether or make significant changes to it. Is there any credence to these rumors?
With 459 it's 99.999% u will get ITA in next two draws...only some twist by CIC can delay ur ITA....Start collecting documents...n congrats in advance....

Reactions: bcpnpapplicant

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Only problem is.....by the time we have a score of say 454, you will disappear into thin air only to resurface weeks later with a new hypernegative talking point.

More grease to your elbows for all the time and energy you put in doing this.
you dont see the lunacy of asking a guy with a score of 451 and loses 5 pts in december to 'wait and hope for the best' when the scores havent come below 450 all year?

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
No need to worry about September you will get ITA on 24th July

Khanstan

Jul 12, 2019

Pls get your documents ready, you will get your ITA nxt week

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
While applying for evaluation with IQAS,
is it necessary that you mail your application package (the form comprising of five pages)?
I mean if I have applied online, paid the fee and sent them the transcripts/other documents already, is it still necessary that I mail them the form (in case I haven't) ?

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
While applying for evaluation with IQAS,
is it necessary that you mail your application package (the form comprising of five pages)?
I mean if I have applied online, paid the fee and sent them the transcripts/other documents already, is it still necessary that I mail them the form (in case I haven't) ?
ਦੁਬਾਰਾ ਨੀ ਲਿਖਣਾ ਮੈਂ। ਦੂਜੇ ਪਾਸੇ ਦੇਖੋ।

Reactions: NikSharma01

bcpnpapplicant

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2019
Pls get your documents ready, you will get your ITA nxt week
Thanks!
Taking about documents, for the sibling proof, is the birth certificate (I am Indian so 10th CBSE certificate for me and my brother) enough? It has only my Dad's name. My brother is now Canadian citizen, I am thinking of providing his cancelled Indian passport's ID page as additional document as it has both parents name along with my passport copy. Would that be good or its not required and only 10th certificate will be enough? Thanks!

Kenneth89

Jun 1, 2019
Thanks!
Taking about documents, for the sibling proof, is the birth certificate (I am Indian so 10th CBSE certificate for me and my brother) enough? It has only my Dad's name. My brother is now Canadian citizen, I am thinking of providing his cancelled Indian passport's ID page as additional document as it has both parents name along with my passport copy. Would that be good or its not required and only 10th certificate will be enough? Thanks!

I really don't know bout this ,I suggest u ask the forum generally

Melchett

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
16-07-2018
Rumors are idiotic, the Conservatives didn't say anything about abolishing Express Entry. It's an online application system, why would they stop it and what would they replace it with? Paper submissions? Ridiculous. What they could do, if they win of course, is lower the yearly intake numbers, especially for refugees.

mahamkd

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Guys, I need urgent advice. I have a score of 456. My IELTS is about to expire on Aug 18. I retook IELTS and the result was so bad that my points will go down to 405 if I use it. There are no test dates available till August 17 and September 7. I have some experience in the USA and back home that can total to 3 years adding 15 points with old IELTS getting me 470 points. The issue is the documentation would be a lot and complicated as a lot of the work was part-time where hours of work fluctuated for one of the positions. I have the tax documents to prove that I worked but no timesheet and the employer for this position is not helpful.

I have been told there is a chance the PR would be rejected in such a case so I shouldn't show all this.

What should I do!

Give IELTS again, show my work experience or wait till two draws. Please help.

ripul

Jan 29, 2019
Guys, I need urgent advice. I have a score of 456. My IELTS is about to expire on Aug 18. I retook IELTS and the result was so bad that my points will go down to 405 if I use it. There are no test dates available till August 17 and September 7. I have some experience in the USA and back home that can total to 3 years adding 15 points with old IELTS getting me 470 points. The issue is the documentation would be a lot and complicated as a lot of the work was part-time where hours of work fluctuated for one of the positions. I have the tax documents to prove that I worked but no timesheet and the employer for this position is not helpful.

I have been told there is a chance the PR would be rejected in such a case so I shouldn't show all this.

What should I do!

Give IELTS again, show my work experience or wait till two draws. Please help.
You can get the reference letter signed by any of your previous colleague instead of asking the employer. Hope you have all the other documents like payslips, offer letter, promotion letter etc. They will benefit along with tax documents.

Jedi_Returns

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
Salut :)

Yes, with a B2 parallel in TEF, you can get up to 8 points. However, there is B2 high and B2 low. I got 8 points from TEF with 2 exam parts having a B2 haut and in the other 2 parts (reading and listening), I got a B2 bas. The threshold is determined by which bracket score a person's score falls into. For example, 271-312 / 313 - 425 may give a B2 score. If you score 314 in comprehension orale, that will be a b2 high. Just an example.

When I did a simulation to check what my score would have been if I had gotten a B2 high on all parts of the exam, I got a whooping 32 points! I cried... :)

So having done A1, you'll need to study some more and then retake the exam - whether TEF or TCF... Just aim for at least a C1, so at least, you'll get B2 high all round. Nevertheless, you are already sitting pretty with ur current CRS, so 8 points will only further boost you nicely :)

Bonne chance !
Merci beaucoup! :)

Your detailed explanation is really helpful. I'll have to do some intensive french studies in the coming months. I hope 6 months intensive study might help.

Thank you!

Reactions: Dblessed