+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 122th draw

James_bk_fun

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
hey, i have a question, is it possible to stay in canada as a visitor when the work permit is expiring? i mean what would be the purpose of the visit etc? isnt it complicated to get an approval for visitor visa?
Mmmm. I guess they’d be concerned you’d keep your existing lifestyle the same, ie work, whilst being a visitor. So you’d need to give them confidence you wouldn’t

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
My score is 456, should I start collecting my documents or wait?
I have the same score. I want to start preparing documents in advance too but I am waiting for July 24th draw. If cut off in that draw is 457/458 then we should be good to go.

Reactions: Dblessed

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Hello , I have a few clarifications. I will be very grateful for a response

1) my score is 456 as in wes will come only by July last week. So i will be in the draw from August. Wes is marking my PGDM as bachelor degree

Is there any one who got a master degree evaluation for a tier 2 college. Mine is IMT Hyderabad. Which evaluation body is i
Better iQAS or CES.

Can I give only my PGDM for reval

2) My score will reduce on Sept 5th to 451 . So il be having 456 for 3 draws . If everything goes well. So should I wait till then or side my side try to increase score - ielts is maxed out . Is there any other way

Thank you
With 456 you will get an ITA before Sept 5 for sure with current trend.

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
I didn’t get a reply, so posting again and hoping if someone here can help me or guide me.

I missed today’s draw by 1 point :-( I cannot wait for the next one unless they do a weekly draw. My points will go down to 453 from 459 because of Birthday on July 22.

Need some suggestions:
1. Iqas is still processing my Masters. It is in line since June 28. So I can’t tell when I’ll get my Master’s evaluation.
2. Just booked another CELPIP for coming Sunday and hoping to get higher score (I cannot do better in those english exams)
3. Should I add my UK experience for 2 years part-time as team leader? I have not mentioned in previous applications that I was a team leader. All I mentioned was customer service as I started Tesco UK job with that level. Will they raise a question??
Is it too late to show a new work experience?
So sorry you missed the draw. They still had many candidates with 462 left in the pool so crs only dropped by two points. I was hoping it to come to 459 atleast. Don't lose hope 453 have a good chance of getting picked in September. I hope your language score increases. Work hard and all the best! :)

Yes you should include that in work experience and no they won't.

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Found this article:
New Ontario draws will target Express Entry candidates with tech experience
Government of Ontario has revealed its plans for nominating Express Entry candidates with work experience in the technology sector for Canadian permanent residence.

Ontario had previously announced that it would create a dedicated stream for tech workers. Instead, it will hold targeted draws for Express Entry candidates with work experience in six tech-related occupations through its existing Human Capital Priorities Stream.

The Express Entry system is Canada’s main source of skilled workers and manages the pool of candidates for the Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class and Canadian Experience Class.

Eligible candidates for these programs are entered into the Express Entry pool where they are ranked based on scores awarded under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).

A candidate’s CRS score is based on factors that include age, education, skilled work experience and proficiency in English or French.

Express Entry candidates with a provincial nomination receive an additional 600 points toward their CRS score, effectively guaranteeing an invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residence, or ITA.

Ontario is the most popular destination for new permanent residents of Canada, including those admitted through the Express Entry system. In 2018, 65% of new immigrants admitted through Express Entry had Ontario as their destination province.

To be considered for an invitation through an OINP tech draw, candidates must first create an Express Entry profile.

Tech draws will reflect employer needs

Interest in the tech-focused draws is high in Ontario, which is home to major tech hubs located in the cities of Toronto, Ottawa and Kitchener-Waterloo.

Ontario is currently facing a shortage of tech workers, as is the rest of Canada. It is estimated that up to 220,000 skilled workers will be needed in Canada’s Information and Communication Technology sector by 2021.

The OINP uses its Human Capital Priorities Stream to search the Express Entry pool for candidates who match specified federal and provincial criteria.

OINP tech draws will search the Express Entry pool for eligible candidates with work experience in one of six targeted occupations:

Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
Computer engineers (NOC 2147)
Web designers and developers (NOC 2175)
Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213)
NOC stands for National Occupational Classification, which determines an occupation’s skill level and skill type.

The OINP said the six occupations reflect current needs in Ontario and were selected based on consultations with employers and other stakeholders across the province.

The Human Capital Priorities Stream does not require a job offer and has a history of inviting Express Entry candidates with CRS scores that haven’t been high enough for an ITA in one of the federal government’s regular Express Entry draws.

Express Entry candidates selected by the OINP will receive a Notification of Interest from the OINP and have 45 days to apply for a provincial nomination from Ontario.

Nominations on the rise

Ontario receives an annual nomination allocation through the federal government’s Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Ontario’s allocation under the PNP has grown in each of the last six years and stands at 6,900 for 2019.

Admissions of new permanent residents through the PNP are slated to continue growing in 2020 and 2021, as are admissions through the three programs managed by the Express Entry system.

Overall, Canada could welcome more than one million newcomers between now and 2021.

Shaanoh

Nov 2, 2018
Found this article:
Government of Ontario has revealed its plans for nominating Express Entry candidates with work experience in the technology sector for Canadian permanent residence.

Ontario had previously announced that it would create a dedicated stream for tech workers. Instead, it will hold targeted draws for Express Entry candidates with work experience in six tech-related occupations through its existing Human Capital Priorities Stream.

The Express Entry system is Canada’s main source of skilled workers and manages the pool of candidates for the Federal Skilled Worker Class, Federal Skilled Trades Class and Canadian Experience Class.

Eligible candidates for these programs are entered into the Express Entry pool where they are ranked based on scores awarded under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).

A candidate’s CRS score is based on factors that include age, education, skilled work experience and proficiency in English or French.

Express Entry candidates with a provincial nomination receive an additional 600 points toward their CRS score, effectively guaranteeing an invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residence, or ITA.

Ontario is the most popular destination for new permanent residents of Canada, including those admitted through the Express Entry system. In 2018, 65% of new immigrants admitted through Express Entry had Ontario as their destination province.

To be considered for an invitation through an OINP tech draw, candidates must first create an Express Entry profile.

Interest in the tech-focused draws is high in Ontario, which is home to major tech hubs located in the cities of Toronto, Ottawa and Kitchener-Waterloo.

Ontario is currently facing a shortage of tech workers, as is the rest of Canada. It is estimated that up to 220,000 skilled workers will be needed in Canada’s Information and Communication Technology sector by 2021.

The OINP uses its Human Capital Priorities Stream to search the Express Entry pool for candidates who match specified federal and provincial criteria.

OINP tech draws will search the Express Entry pool for eligible candidates with work experience in one of six targeted occupations:

NOC stands for National Occupational Classification, which determines an occupation’s skill level and skill type.

The OINP said the six occupations reflect current needs in Ontario and were selected based on consultations with employers and other stakeholders across the province.

The Human Capital Priorities Stream does not require a job offer and has a history of inviting Express Entry candidates with CRS scores that haven’t been high enough for an ITA in one of the federal government’s regular Express Entry draws.

Express Entry candidates selected by the OINP will receive a Notification of Interest from the OINP and have 45 days to apply for a provincial nomination from Ontario.

Nominations on the rise

Ontario receives an annual nomination allocation through the federal government’s Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Ontario’s allocation under the PNP has grown in each of the last six years and stands at 6,900 for 2019.

Admissions of new permanent residents through the PNP are slated to continue growing in 2020 and 2021, as are admissions through the three programs managed by the Express Entry system.

Overall, Canada could welcome more than one million newcomers between now and 2021.

I was about to post this. We can expect lot of techies to get OINP. Hopefully, I am also in with the 2173 code. Seems PNP is the only route now.

Cheers
Shan

mahamkd

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Found this article:

Nominations on the rise

I saw this too. Will it affect regular applicants of express entry?

mahamkd

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
What I don't understand is that if the cutoff is 460 and applicants were
601-1,200 312
451-600 6,305
Invited 3600

Shouldn't the score drop faster with higher invites? Also, its mid-year so a lot of applications should be clearing out. Rate of new applications might be high due to their previous ones expiring soon. Just a thought.

chirkut

May 26, 2019
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-10-2019
IELTS Request
L: 8.5,R: 7, W: 7, S: 8.5
guys should i get RCMP done? for inland FSW applicants.?