+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 122th draw

Philips49

Star Member
Jun 12, 2019
Wow. I guess is for just tech people. I am early year teacher NOC 4142 but did not get Ontario letter with 451

parvin2019

Mar 5, 2019
Hi all,

I have a CRS score of 455 and I will be loosing 5 points on Aug 21st on my birthday. Meanwhile, I have received NOI from OINP. Is it worth spending the extra $1500 or should I wait out as I am thinking the cutoff score can go 450 in Sept. Please advise!

Thanks!
Hi Dave... At what time did u recieve the NOI mail ? I have also received the mail,but I am unable to login into my account.

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
For all those who got OINP invite and are considering whether or not to wait for the federal CRS to come down
to your level, I say: Go for the OINP.
If u miss this one chance, that could very well mean the end of your Canadian journey.
So never mind if u have to pay way much more, just take it as an investment for yr future.
Feel free to disagree with me. This is just my take.

Back in April 2017, I got OINP PNP invite first but I chose to wait for the federal points to come down to my level, which it did. So I put aside the OINP and got the federal ITA.
But since then, things have changed so much and demand is so much higher now.
So please weigh your chances and assess accordingly.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Thanks and i have one more question...My dad gifted me a certain amount of money twice in the last year and same with my mom... Do I have to make one gift deed for my dad and one for my mom or Do i have to make a gift deed for each transfer?
First of all, If the money given to you is within the period of 6 months: if such deposites are visible in the 6 months statement, only then you gonna need a gift deed otherwise its not mandatory.

For example: if you got the required amount from your Dad somewhere in Jan or Feb 2019 and you're expecting ITA in July, then Obvisouly you will have to prepare a gift deed regarding those transactions, as it is within the 6 months, due to which your average balance is affected.

However, if you're expecting ITA in August, then you won't be in need of any gift deed. Because your average balance for 6 months will remain same.

So, in case you got the money from your father before 6 months, you're good to go without any gift deed letter!

Reactions: Milanarora

trulycanadian

Jul 13, 2019
Hi folks,

I am a long time lurker of this group. Just love the support you guys are providing fellow applicants. Thank you all for that.

I got an OINP invite yesterday. I think I should take this opportunity considering my CRS is 453. Am I being too paranoid?

I have a specific question about creating the application packet:

In the doc checklist, it says,

Status documents in Canada
If applicable, you must scan and upload copies of current and previous status documents given to you by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). Documents may include:

• work permits
  • study permits
  • temporary resident visas
  • any other Canadian immigration document

I have a visitor visa for Canada. Is that a status document, that I should attach? It looks like it comes under the fourth category, but I am not sure.

Thanks in advance.

enibeni23

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Midwest USA
NOC Code......
Hi folks,

I am a long time lurker of this group. Just love the support you guys are providing fellow applicants. Thank you all for that.

I got an OINP invite yesterday. I think I should take this opportunity considering my CRS is 453. Am I being too paranoid?

I have a specific question about creating the application packet:

In the doc checklist, it says,

Status documents in Canada
If applicable, you must scan and upload copies of current and previous status documents given to you by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). Documents may include:

• work permits
  • study permits
  • temporary resident visas
  • any other Canadian immigration document

I have a visitor visa for Canada. Is that a status document, that I should attach? It looks like it comes under the fourth category, but I am not sure.

Thanks in advance.
Let me start by agreeing that OINP costs an additional an $1500 , a bit more time consuming and locks you to work in Ontario for 2 years. However, it guarantees your ITA with the addition of 600 points. Last year, your score of 453 was an extremely competitive score and a sure shot score to get an ITA, but 453 this year is below the threshold, there are few thousand people in that score range and the numbers are only increasing. IMHO you ought to accept the OINP invitation, in the grand scheme of things, $1500 and a few more months of waiting will be worth it and you will have sufficient peace of mind. Remember you are one of the lucky few who got selected to the OINP and don't waste the opportunity. Many may feel that the scores may come down in a few months ( and it may) and in that case, you would have lost $1500 and about 4 months of time, but STILL it wouldn't take away the peace of mind aspect ( as well as any unfortunate uncertainties) and almost guaranteed slot for ITA. There are few situations in life where one must not become financially conservative, this is one such scenario.

ianw123

Jul 13, 2019
Hi, can y’all help me with this tough situation here regarding ONIP proof of compensation.

I started working in this consulting company last June but remained unpaid until September, I wanna claim this as 1 year experience. But I cannot provide pay stub for the first month of payment which is in June, my first payment was in late September. Is there anything I can do about this?

James_bk_fun

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
Hi, can y’all help me with this tough situation here regarding ONIP proof of compensation.

I started working in this consulting company last June but remained unpaid until September, I wanna claim this as 1 year experience. But I cannot provide pay stub for the first month of payment which is in June, my first payment was in late September. Is there anything I can do about this?
If your first payslip is much larger than the others due to paying you from June to Sept as opposed to monthly it should be clear enough and easy to explain I’d have thought