+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 121st Draw

dreamer_2020

Jul 10, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I am new here though I have been following this forum for few weeks now. I have couple of questions regarding the application and I am hoping find some answers here.

First thing is I got an ITA to day (Profile score: 472). My score jumped from 447 to 472 on July 1st as I have been working for my company since August 2016. I am really not sure about this because technically I have experience of 2 years and 11 months now.

Second thing is I am moving to India from US as my work authorization in US expires July 14. I will be working for same company in India from July 22nd with a gap of 1 week in the employment.

Now, I am really not sure on how to respond to the ITA. Should I wait until I get my 3 full years (Aug 15 2016 to Aug 22 2016 considering one week gap in employment) and then respond to ITA with updating changes? Or should I decline the ITA now, go back into the pool, update the profile with my upcoming employment which I will be starting from July 22nd and country of residence (from US to India) and accept the ITA at the end of August? Also, I am not sure how the medical exam plays into this scenario. Do I have to get a medical exam in US or India? Or does CIC recommend a doctor in US as I got my ITA while I am living US?

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Another dreamer

Dblessed

Jan 8, 2019
I made the cut this time guys, but I will continue to watch these forums. I have built a model to project / predict CRS trends to year-end. If you want to get hold of this and run with it, drop me a pm.

Good everyone with your future endeavors - persevere and believe in yourself!

Hi. I'll like to see your prediction model. Pls how can I receive it?

enibeni23

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Midwest USA
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,
I am new here though I have been following this forum for few weeks now. I have couple of questions regarding the application and I am hoping find some answers here.

First thing is I got an ITA to day (Profile score: 472). My score jumped from 447 to 472 on July 1st as I have been working for my company since August 2016. I am really not sure about this because technically I have experience of 2 years and 11 months now.

Second thing is I am moving to India from US as my work authorization in US expires July 14. I will be working for same company in India from July 22nd with a gap of 1 week in the employment.

Now, I am really not sure on how to respond to the ITA. Should I wait until I get my 3 full years (Aug 15 2016 to Aug 22 2016 considering one week gap in employment) and then respond to ITA with updating changes? Or should I decline the ITA now, go back into the pool, update the profile with my upcoming employment which I will be starting from July 22nd and country of residence (from US to India) and accept the ITA at the end of August? Also, I am not sure how the medical exam plays into this scenario. Do I have to get a medical exam in US or India? Or does CIC recommend a doctor in US as I got my ITA while I am living US?

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Another dreamer
Hi there,

I am in the same boat as you. I was told that I didn't need to decline my ITA, but rather wait till I officially finish 3 years and then submit. The CIC personnel will check your eligibility criteria either on the draw date or the date your submit everything officially (e-APR). You need to satisfy the three-year rule (or whatever experience you are claiming) in either of those. Some people say that this method is not right and that people need to decline ITA. In my personal opinion, I disagree with them because of the following:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/respond-invitation.html

P.S: Thanks to @Dheana90 for passing the info.

As you will have 60 days to submit the documentation, you could submit your documentation anytime after August 15th 2019, if you feel comfortable submitting after August 22nd 2019, please do so as well. Irrespective, I think it's in your best interests to write a cover letter explaining this as well as consulting with someone with legal experience. I am not an immigration expert or a lawyer, so please don't take my word as gospel.

As far as your second question, I think one week vacation doesn't really affect as the hours you have worked in the year should reach a minimum threshold of 1560 hours. This is roughly about 33 hours a week. I assume your US employer's work schedule is 40 hours a week, right? So I am sure you have over 1560 hours.

Since you are working for the same employer and same position I assume, I don't think you should worry much. However, just to be in the safer side ( assuming you are asked to give a separate work experience letter for this time period), its better to submit your e-APR after the completion of 3 year period ( August 22nd 2019 in your case). I cannot emphasize this enough, please consult with a legal entity ( not those fake consultants in India please) like a real immigration lawyer to get some additional clarification. You may spend a few hundred dollars on consultation, but it will definitely be worth the peace of mind.

As far as the medical exam goes, if you are young and healthy without any illness and if you are not taking any medications, you could get your medicals done either in the US or India. I prefer getting mine done in the US because I think we can get a copy of our report and I don't think that's possible in India ( fellow forum members feel free to correct me on this). Seeing the report say that everything is normal or within range gives some additional sense of comfort.

More info on medical exams: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

Last edited:

RIVAVE

Jun 13, 2019
Hi All,
I need a suggestion from you .

I have completed my 10 months MBA from Spain , however I am not taking ECA point for this , rather I am taking ECA points for my Mtech degree which I did from India .

Question is :

1. While showing 10 months MBA in personal history section, I am selecting it under educational activity, which is asking for One year, two year or Masters . Also , there is option of NONE or Less than high school. Which option should i select under level of Education. Id selecting NONE is Ok ?

2. After completing this 10 months MBA , i went to London to complete 1 month advance summer school from LSE. Again the problem as under education activity ( level of education ) - I can't find any option to show this 1 month program

3. Post this 1 month program, I cam back to IIM Bangalore to complete my exchange program of MBA for 3 months- again the same problem as in educational activity (level of education)- I cant see as what to write.

I am a bit confused for this. Can you help me ?

dreamer_2020

Jul 10, 2019
Hi there,

I am in the same boat as you. I was told that I didn't need to decline my ITA, but rather wait till I officially finish 3 years and then submit. The CIC personnel will check your eligibility criteria either on the draw date or the date your submit everything officially (e-APR). You need to satisfy the three-year rule (or whatever experience you are claiming) in either of those. Some people say that this method is not right and that people need to decline ITA. In my personal opinion, I disagree with them because of the following:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/respond-invitation.html

P.S: Thanks to @Dheana90 for passing the info.

As you will have 60 days to submit the documentation, you could submit your documentation anytime after August 15th 2019, if you feel comfortable submitting after August 22nd 2019, please do so as well. Irrespective, I think it's in your best interests to write a cover letter explaining this as well as consulting with someone with legal experience. I am not an immigration expert or a lawyer, so please don't take my word as gospel.

As far as your second question, I think one week vacation doesn't really affect as the hours you have worked in the year should reach a minimum threshold of 1560 hours. This is roughly about 33 hours a week. I assume your US employer's work schedule is 40 hours a week, right? So I am sure you have over 1560 hours.

Since you are working for the same employer and same position I assume, I don't think you should worry much. However, just to be in the safer side ( assuming you are asked to give a separate work experience letter for this time period), its better to submit your e-APR after the completion of 3 year period ( August 22nd 2019 in your case). I cannot emphasize this enough, please consult with a legal entity ( not those fake consultants in India please) like a real immigration lawyer to get some additional clarification. You may spend a few hundred dollars on consultation, but it will definitely be worth the peace of mind.

As far as the medical exam goes, if you are young and healthy without any illness and if you are not taking any medications, you could get your medicals done either in the US or India. I prefer getting mine done in the US because I think we can get a copy of our report and I don't think that's possible in India ( fellow forum members feel free to correct me on this). Seeing the report say that everything is normal or within range gives some additional sense of comfort.

More info on medical exams: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html
Thanks for taking time to respond to my questions. I wanted to see if there was someone else in the same boat as I am. Coming to your qustion of 40 hours a week, yes I have worked 40 hours a week since beginning and I should comfortably cross the requirement of 1560 hours. I am not going to decline ITA, instead I have decided to submit my documentation after August 22nd and write LOE to support my situation. I wish you good luck with your application and I hope it will work out for me with all the changes in my situation.