+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 120th Draw

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
There are some good schools other than Rotman(Toronto). I would always prefer having Full- Time MBA rather EMBA ,unless you are having a great job(or aged) and want management exposure
Thanks...Yea its age :) I am 40+ and also trying to avoid GMAT and full mbas usually would have to be on-campus.

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
May I ask a question why are the scores soo high what happened caused the cut off to remain high for 8 months I am at 440 and I remember that scores used to drop to 438 and 439 can someone help me to understand what's going on pls.
I reckon some of the primary reasons for the high scores are:
1. Canadian undergraduate with diploma or undergraduate degrees have completed their course and have/or not job offer letters. This increases your score tremendously. Use the CRS calculator to check.
2. More Awareness - people are more aware now than 1-2 yrs before about the simple and wasy process to settle in Canada and have a better standard of living. Additionally applicants have also earned more degrees which have increased their score.

brick8899

May 16, 2019
There are some good schools other than Rotman(Toronto). I would always prefer having Full- Time MBA rather EMBA ,unless you are having a great job(or aged) and want management exposure
the job market in Canada is extremely competitive
Well, Rotman is the best in Canada and there are no two ways about it. Not Schulich or Ivey or Smith. Agree with you that a full-time MBA is favored to an Exec MBA.

Getting over 100k salaries is not that tough in Toronto as long as you can prove management experience.
However, There is few management positions available in Toronto if you don't have local management experience. They barely recognize foreign experience at the same level.

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
the job market in Canada is extremely competitive

However, There is few management positions available in Toronto if you don't have local management experience. They barely recognize foreign experience at the same level.
Thanks...Yea its age :) I am 40+ and also trying to avoid GMAT and full mbas usually would have to be on-campus.
i wish all of those trying to get ITA's/PR, get it soon within coming months!!!
BEST OF LUCK

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
As long as you're experienced in your skill, and can ace your interview you will land a plush job with no MBA- I had many offers (with over 100k CAD based on my Indian experience) within a year of landing. Jobs are not scant in Toronto, and it's just on how you market yourselves.

Reactions: vmsanthosh.chn

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
As long as you're experienced in your skill, and can ace your interview you will land a plush job with no MBA- I had many offers (with over 100k CAD based on my Indian experience) within a year of landing. Jobs are not scant in Toronto, and it's just on how you market yourselves.
Not only for job, but I am also looking for ways to improve score with shortest possible time. I am inland CEC btw.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Not only for job, but I am also looking for ways to improve score with shortest possible time. I am inland CEC btw.
IELTS is the shortest yet safest and surest route. I maximized my scores at the age of 35, thus helping me in receiving an ITA in 2017. Suggest you to also focus on Canadian experience, should you have as this will boost your points.

Furthermore, prod your spouse to appear for the IELTS test- this does enhance your overall CRS score.

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Well, Rotman is the best in Canada and there are no two ways about it. Not Schulich or Ivey or Smith. Agree with you that a full-time MBA is favoured to an Exec MBA.

Getting over 100k salaries is not that tough in Toronto as long as you can prove management experience.
As a Rotman Student, I am telling you IVEY is the best school in Canada, then Rotman, then MCGILL and Schulich

brick8899

May 16, 2019
I am also frustrated about my CEC profile.Since we are stuck in 450s, the only way we can improve the CRS points is to boost IELTS or CELPIP score. or just work another year for an extra 13 points

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
As a Rotman Student, I am telling you IVEY is the best school in Canada, then Rotman, then MCGILL and Schulich
As a Smith alumnus, I'd state Rotman reigns supreme amongst Canadian B-schools :)

Nsidhu

Apr 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2019
Well, technically only one aspect of the sign in page is under maintenance. That's the sign-in Partner. Its only for 1hr tomorrow. I doubt its significance on the current scheme of things
not related to draw notice