+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 120th Draw

roadtofreedom16

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
What about the timing of medical exam?

I'd like to create my profile around the 20th of August, can i do the medical exam in late July or early August?
'cause i am a hepatitis b carrier due to birth, though ALT etc. are all normal, surely the "carrier status" will affect the whole process.

What is the best time to do the medical exam? before creating my EE profile or before ITA or after ITA?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
WES doesn't even show up the school name in their list. Yea, fee is way too high - 102K for entire program, but looks like very promising for a decent job. People get > 150K once grads out. It is 16 months course which can boost up the crs score in no time, but fee is more than I could afford. They don't need GMAT for EMBA.
People getting 150k CAD is a no-brainer as most of the guys that sign-up for it are already Senior Managers or VPs/Directors, and a lion's share of them would be sponsored by the employer. If it's not something you can afford, why even bother to look up this?

I'd never go for this course unless it's sponsored by my employer- over 150k for a normal executive MBA is insanity ! I'd choose the Wharton's Exec MBA over this, followed by Rotman's Executive MBA (if the Canadian experience/qualification) is what you need.

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
Its EMBA in USA.
A person in USA who earns 90k USD, will earn 60-65K CAD for the same job, position and comapany in Canada. University of Toronto is the best for MBA in CANADA and the median pass-out salary is 90k CAD. EMBA in canada usually gives a starting of 60-65K for top students.
You kidding?! 65K is way too low for MBA even for fresh out grads, well actually even 90K. Things are very expensive here in Canada comparing to USA.

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
Its EMBA in USA.
A person in USA who earns 90k USD, will earn 60-65K CAD for the same job, position and comapany in Canada. University of Toronto is the best for MBA in CANADA and the median pass-out salary is 90k CAD. EMBA in canada usually gives a starting of 60-65K for top students.
90 -> 60 is bit over downsized, from my own personal experience. It's not that low in Canada.

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
People getting 150k CAD is a no-brainer as most of the guys that sign-up for it are already Senior Managers or VPs/Directors, and a lion's share of them would be sponsored by the employer. If it's not something you can afford, why even bother to look up this?

I'd never go for this course unless it's sponsored by my employer- over 150k for a normal executive MBA is insanity ! I'd choose the Wharton's Exec MBA over this, followed by Rotman's Executive MBA (if the Canadian experience/qualification) is what you need.
Makes sense, thank you Jakev.

hsbmovic

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
That's what they say in huffpost. If not exact, a closer match would still be on higher grade for sure comparing to other salaries.

3. An EMBA degree pays for itself in as little as 17 months. While some degrees leave students in piles of debt with little guarantee of a higher salary, an EMBA is an investment you can rely on. Graduates can expect to earn a bonus for obtaining their degree and an average salary of $164,845.Jul 22, 2015

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/emba-vs-mba-the-6-things_b_7842906?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAACZBEfIywtkY9PO-kgl6nQw8rxQMrdguf2MB0G3QEL7mSCiaSRF03J1X0XSVQirgITiBj1cpBlzyTo4f9VJBsxFpfkERdQ0sTIsO4Oq8-xSPUFsxsITNdaG48Vp8foccis5RUlJJ8nL-ZgPswarExH3yDu7YB1JTcOvNB6MJjzxf
Its EMBA in USA.
There are some good schools other than Rotman(Toronto). I would always prefer having Full- Time MBA rather EMBA ,unless you are having a great job(or aged) and want management exposure

brick8899

May 16, 2019
You kidding?! 65K is way too low for MBA even for fresh out grads, well actually even 90K. Things are very expensive here in Canada comparing to USA.
This is quite common in Canada. in the last month, our company recruited a senior financial controller last month. 100K is a great price for the candidates who have an MBA from a top-ranked B-School in Canada( UofT Rotman) and 10 years domestic accounting experience.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
There are some good schools other than Rotman(Toronto). I would always prefer having Full- Time MBA rather EMBA ,unless you are having a great job(or aged) and want management exposure
Well, Rotman is the best in Canada and there are no two ways about it. Not Schulich or Ivey or Smith. Agree with you that a full-time MBA is favoured to an Exec MBA.

Getting over 100k salaries is not that tough in Toronto as long as you can prove management experience.