+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 120th Draw

nadal87

Feb 28, 2019
The whole situation is disappointing, failure to conduct a draw in May has brought us this day; where candidates above 450 are wondering if they'll get through.

Looking back, I feel this entire waiting ordeal has been a futile exercise for me. It has had an effect on how I work, how I sleep, how I think about the future etc. But, all this ends today, there has to be a meaningful way to pass the time and I've decided that for me its sharpening my Algorithm & DS skills for the purpose of cracking a technical interview at a top tier company in the near future.

As for the future draws, I hope that the CIC understands the extent of damage and corrects their mistake soon, so that the deserving people can make their dreams come true.

qdre

Sep 4, 2018
Hello everyone

My husband and I will be 461 in August. We were hoping to get the points and then do the profile. But we are starting to get worried because I was thinking that if you had the score, you would be getting your ITA in a few days. However, this will take more time, right ?. So we just need some advice: Should we get the profile and wait for the update with the new 461 in Aug? How long does it take until you get the score up to ITA?

Thanks

nadal87

Feb 28, 2019
Hello everyone

My husband and I will be 461 in August. We were hoping to get the points and then do the profile. But we are starting to get worried because I was thinking that if you had the score, you would be getting your ITA in a few days. However, this will take more time, right ?. So we just need some advice: Should we get the profile and wait for the update with the new 461 in Aug? How long does it take until you get the score up to ITA?

Thanks
What is holding you up until August? If it's your ECA from WES, then the timeline can be unreliable. If it's something else, you can enter the pool provided you can furnish all criterion's mentioned in your EE profile at the time of your file submission.

Reactions: Dheana90 and qdre

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone

Thanks
Yes, you can create your profile now with whatever your current score is and then wait till you can update your score i.e the designated day in August and then update it.

The advantage of doing this is twofold -

1. There will always be a chance that you may get an ITA at the current score itself.

2. If not, you ll definitely benefit from this during the tiebreaker.

donsyete

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Philippines
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-22-2019
AOR Received.
05-22-2019
IELTS Request
03-31-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Passport Req..
22-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2019
LANDED..........
29-01-2020
canada is inviting all these candidates without a proper plan. A lot of these folks in non IT fields won't find a job, will quickly exhaust their savings and return back.
Are you saying Canada should only focus on inviting IT professionals? Kindly elaborate.

I don't think migration was intended to focus on 1 particular occupation. There are various reasons why it is open for all occupations and EE is based points awarded on various criteria.

qdre

Sep 4, 2018
What is holding you up until August? If it's your ECA from WES, then the timeline can be unreliable. If it's something else, you can enter the pool provided you can furnish all criterion's mentioned in your EE profile at the time of your file submission.
Thanks for answering! What is holding us is the Canadian working time. In August, we will have it completed and the pontuation is going to 461. Now is under 450. So we can created the profile now and then update a score at the end of July, for example? (Since in August (next draw) we will have the proof). If we update to the score in July or August would it be guaranteed to receive the ITA in approximately how long?

Thanks.

qdre

Sep 4, 2018
Yes, you can create your profile now with whatever your current score is and then wait till you can update your score i.e the designated day in August and then update it.

The advantage of doing this is twofold -

1. There will always be a chance that you may get an ITA at the current score itself.

2. If not, you ll definitely benefit from this during the tiebreaker.

Thank you so much. We definitely will do it. If the draw is close to 461 (or less) in August and we have that score, how long would it take to receive ITA?

nadal87

Feb 28, 2019
Thanks for answering! What is holding us is the Canadian working time. In August, we will have it completed and the pontuation is going to 461. Now is under 450. So we can created the profile now and then update a score at the end of July, for example? (Since in August (next draw) we will have the proof). If we update to the score in July or August would it be guaranteed to receive the ITA in approximately how long?

Thanks.
Yes you can definitely do that. You should create your profile now if you haven’t already. Then update your profile as close to your preferred draw as possible.

Reactions: qdre

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Thank you so much. We definitely will do it. If the draw is close to 461 (or less) in August and we have that score, how long would it take to receive ITA?
You generally receive the ITA within 24 hours of making the cut off.
And be assured, draw 'd be much lower than 461 by August.

Good luck!

aartivig289

Apr 17, 2019
Hey need some clarification regarding the validity of physical exam and police verification.
It might sound stupid right now (coz of the high cut offs in the last two draws), but I am sitting at 463 and had hoped to get an ita sooner.

That said, I got my upfront physical exam and police verification done in the week 1 of June.

My state has just one panel physician and it takes about 45-60 days to get an appointment with him.

But since I didnt get the ita, I wanted to know till when my medical and pcc will remain valid ?