+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 118th Draw

daughty

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Can you suggest some good resources to improve on writing.
Thanks!
Honestly, I just read a couple of samples on ieltsonlinetests.com. I noticed that descriptions and personal experiences were encouraged - so that's the route I took. I didn't read anything else neither did I practice for writing. I wrote approx 300 words for the letter and 600 words for the essay.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Quick question guys. In the reference letter the company gave me, they did not mention wether that salary is monthly/yearly/weekly etc.. Since I can easily extract payslips from the system, I was thinking if I could simply attach 2-3 months back payslips with the letter as a way to indicate that the salary was monthly. Would that work?
Thanks!
Attaching 3 months payslips along with the reference letters , is always recommeded! Whether salary is mentioned on the letter or not, yet you're supposed to get the payslips ready with you.

prsingh

Feb 22, 2019
Connecticut, US
Honestly, I just read a couple of samples on ieltsonlinetests.com. I noticed that descriptions and personal experiences were encouraged - so that's the route I took. I didn't read anything else neither did I practice for writing. I wrote approx 300 words for the letter and 600 words for the essay.
I am not sure bit I read somewhere (or have seen some videos) where they say “You should not write way more words than what is expected”....

Correct me if I am wrong

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
I am not sure bit I read somewhere (or have seen some videos) where they say “You should not write way more words than what is expected”....

Correct me if I am wrong
Ideal strategy is write no more than 270 words and to have a template for each kind of essay in mind. It allows you time to review at the end. Practice 2-3 essays with pencil and on IELTS test paper.

Reactions: prsingh

Lazybug

Star Member
May 1, 2019
please share some inputs here!!
I am waiting at 448 too, since February 18th. Had expectations that it would happen soon but now with the current trend, it seems difficult. Try to increase your score if possible and always keep on hoping that the cut-off score drops. if it continues on decreasing, then the chances are good. However, with the FST draw last week, it might be that the score increases again, which is bad news for us. Noone can say for sure when/if it will drop to 448 but I wish you all the best.

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Quick question guys. In the reference letter the company gave me, they did not mention wether that salary is monthly/yearly/weekly etc.. Since I can easily extract payslips from the system, I was thinking if I could simply attach 2-3 months back payslips with the letter as a way to indicate that the salary was monthly. Would that work?
Thanks!
That would be fine.

nolimits7405

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Hi folks i need advice,please offer some wisdom. My points are currently 445,birthday is in Sept. I had started collecting my documents including Police Clearance etc. I was very optimistic when the year started.

Now my medical appointment is up in a few days. Right now I'm confused if i should cancel or go ahead with the appointment. There is a two- three month wait for appointments.
Is this a waste of money? Should i wait until scores really drop. But who knows anything can happen right.

shine04

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hi exclaimation marks

Frankly, no one can tell you for sure.. if you want predictions, go through this thread or other ROH threads.. analyse trends.. share

Mate, I have been q part
Hi exclaimation marks

Frankly, no one can tell you for sure.. if you want predictions, go through this thread or other ROH threads.. analyse trends.. share your analysis
Thanks for your valuable inputs!!

shine04

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
I am waiting at 448 too, since February 18th. Had expectations that it would happen soon but now with the current trend, it seems difficult. Try to increase your score if possible and always keep on hoping that the cut-off score drops. if it continues on decreasing, then the chances are good. However, with the FST draw last week, it might be that the score increases again, which is bad news for us. Noone can say for sure when/if it will drop to 448 but I wish you all the best.
Yes, only the next draw will tell how fatal the FST one was for all of us. Btw, only God knows why CIC had to do the FST draw last week, they could have done it after a regular one as well.

Lazybug

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Yes, only the next draw will tell how fatal the FST one was for all of us. Btw, only God knows why CIC had to do the FST draw last week, they could have done it after a regular one as well.
Agreed but what's done is done. Let's hope for increased ITAs or B2B soon. It would be sad for all the people around our range if the score doesn't drop. So close yet so far :/