+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 115th Draw

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
Yea I'm thinking of the same timeline. Also have to apply for BOWP.
HeyIsland_vibes,
If I get an in an ITA in the next 1-2 months, I would like to apply for BOWP too. For testing purpose, whenever I checked the eligibility for open work permit it always resulted in the TRV.
Do you get a link to apply for BOWP once you get an ITA?
I am quite sure we don't need a job offer to apply for BOWP if you have submitted PR application. One more thing, although it changes with time, what is the processing time for WOWP at present?

Suraj

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
When draw happened at 438, nobody even thought that CRS would drastically drop to 438. So Yes, miracles do happen and wait for your turn, you’ll be through.

Believe in God and in yourself. Everything happens for a reason!
That makes sense! But again, like everything mircales are also delayed in our case! :D

Besides, thanks for cheering up! Because of you guys we're gaining hopes again.

Last edited:

matteis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Unrelated, but does anyone know if there is a thread/post about when does it make sense to apply for PNP? I simply couldn't find that information.
2 attempts on IELTS so far (8-8.5-6.5-7.5 in LRWS), partner and I both have US Masters degree, age 31, NOC 2171 (3 years Data Analyst) and partner NOC 0213 (6 years IT Manager), sibling is a PR in Ontario. CRS is at 432, only thing stopping us from ITA is (the infamous) 0.5 in writing.

Also, asking for my friend who has the same IELTS, Masters, age 26, Web developer for 1 year. Current CRS 408.

Thanks in advance and wish everyone the best!
In your case, it doesn't make sense. Unless you receive a NOI while you're in the pool, just give IELTS some more shots to get CLB9.

Reactions: winterisnotcoming

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
??????If you are eligible why not in advance!
What is the processing time right now?
I heard that you can apply even a day before your old work permit expire ~ You can stay/work legally once you submit your extension (entering Implied status)

If I apply now then my BOWP also expire earlier? (May vs July)

I am not sure if they extend base on my PGWP expiry date or bowp application date.

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
I heard that you can apply even a day before your old work permit expire ~ You can stay/work legally once you submit your extension (entering Implied status)

If I apply now then my BOWP also expire earlier? (May vs July)

I am not sure if they extend base on my PGWP expiry date or bowp application date.
Yes, starting from four months before your current WP expires.
Can you change the employer with the implied status?
I think it should be valid throughout the PR application processing time.

suraj

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Yes, starting from four months before your current WP expires.
Can you change the employer with the implied status?
I think it should be valid throughout the PR application processing time.

suraj
Yea so I will apply later then lol

Since its open work permit I think you can change employer anytime, but some employers would like to see the "real" and approved work permit.

It is better not to switch job during the implied status

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
Yea so I will apply later then lol

Since its open work permit I think you can change employer anytime, but some employers would like to see the "real" and approved work permit.

It is better not to switch job during the implied status
It's up to you. What I wanted to know is that do you get a link to apply for BOWP once you get an ITA?

Shishir Chandra Kumar

Jan 9, 2019
Pune, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
Nomination.....
17-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
IELTS Request
24/11/2018
Med's Done....
26-09-2019
When draw happened at 438, nobody even thought that CRS would drastically drop to 438. So Yes, miracles do happen and wait for your turn, you’ll be through.

Believe in God and in yourself. Everything happens for a reason!
"The sun will shine on us again brothers."
~Loki
:D:D:D

karanshah2410

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
brampton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Toronro
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-04-2019
I just got My IELTS result,
L: 8.5
R: 8
S: 6.5
W: 6.0
My Points would be 451, My one year experience completes on April 24 2019,
Should I create my profile right away, or should I wait for April 24?

Shaanoh

Nov 2, 2018
I just got My IELTS result,
L: 8.5
R: 8
S: 6.5
W: 6.0
My Points would be 451, My one year experience completes on April 24 2019,
Should I create my profile right away, or should I wait for April 24?
Ideally, you should be creating the profile when you are completing or about to complete(1-2 days). Creating the profile earlier, you will take an ITA from the possible candidate and rob him of his chance. But again, you are allowed to create and then once you have an ITA, you can submit the docs after you complete one year.

PS : with 451 score, you will be picked in any of the draw happening going forward(Biweekly)

C
Shan

Shaanoh

Nov 2, 2018
The Impact of late draw result of 451 has still left a bitter taste on me. Now again, praying the CRS touches 449.

Wish the Fat Lady Sings on the 115 draw on me and my buddies here.. Good Luck Everyone!!

C
Shan