+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 114th Draw

oghosh

Nov 25, 2018
Guys this is an amazing group! Thank you all. ITA or no ITA - I love the positivity here. Keep coming and reading the comments. It is indeed a “ray of hope”. I hope we get back to back draws in April and all of us get our ITAs and start planning for the next steps!

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
We have IELTS computer based results which surely an impact
Yes, it is known that there are computer based tests. However, there is evidence that number of applications increased immediately after IELTS results in each of the two previous draws. Thus, there would be some non-zero impact.

Reactions: Vijayw

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
The day has just started and see the effect of “Golden Wednesday”.

I wish everyone good luck and hope to see 3900 ITAs today so that most of my friends get through in today’s round.

I booked the table last time in advance so wont do this mistake today :p

Reactions: Island_vibes

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
The day has just started and see the effect of “Golden Wednesday”.

I wish everyone good luck and hope to see 3900 ITAs today so that most of my friends get through in today’s round.

I booked the table last time in advance so wont do this mistake today :p
In the past, I had not booked the table but had booked medical exam appointment. In Mumbai, the hospital has two weeks of queue all the time.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
We have IELTS computer based results which surely an impact
CBT test results have minimal effect on today’s draw. See the major reasons below:

1. CBT test success ratio is very low (25: 2) as compare to paper based.

2. Even if CBT results are available in 5 days but people still prefer paper-based over CBT due to very low success ratio.

3. If people with CBT unsatisfactory results, applies for revaluation process, it takes minimum 21 days for getting revaluation results. Again no impact on today’s draw.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
WES is getting lot of applications but their throughput has probably not increased at the same pace. Assuming further reduction in backlog of around 500 (+400 - general, +200 - IELTS impact, -100 - negative WES impact), the entire backlog of 451+ should be removed.

The cut-off today should be 450. The next possibility is 451 followed by 449.

Order of probability : 450 > 451 > 449 > 452 > 448