+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 114th Draw

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
Yes, I already mentioned that computer based IELTS is there too; however, paper based has not become extinct yet. There are still lots of people going for paper based.

To your other point regarding inland applicants, I reckon most of them give IELTS in comparison to CELPIP.
Honestly, I find paper based test much easier than computer based, because 1) you get extra 10 minutes at the end for listening and 2) you can make notes all over the qn paper while listening. However, computer test is the best for writing, but scoring wise I think both are same.

Karran Oberoi

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Honestly, I find paper based test much easier than computer based, because 1) you get extra 10 minutes at the end for listening and 2) you can make notes all over the qn paper while listening. However, computer test is the best for writing, but scoring wise I think both are same.
Agreed! Also, there are so many people who are not comfortable in typing, especially from rural areas of developing/underdeveloped coutries....

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
I was so glad when the scores dropped to 438 but it's been a different story since then. Lost out on tiebreaker.

Thankfully, I got NOI from AINP on 19th of March, so I'm thinking of pursuing it while I wait for federal draw score to come down. Anyone else got NOI from AINP recently ? My CRS score is 438, NOC 8232 and no job offer/ ties/ work-permit in Alberta.

Reactions: Crystallinee

Shaanoh

Nov 2, 2018
Dear All,

I have said this is ROH 113 and now in ROh 114. I have seen lot of posts people with the 450's are extremely impatient and irritated. Please go through this forum and you will see people are in the pool for years and when the draw happened they might have passed the DOB and lost some crucial points. With the 450's range, you urself knew that definitely go through in one or two rounds. Think about ppl with lower 440's or even worst case the higher 430's. So just hav patience and keep the spirits high..

Its just a matter of one b2b draw of higher Invites would cause the CRS crashing down to mid 440's and then 440's become the signature.. Have patience.. if we can't wait for two weeks draw, How about waiting for 6 months to get the COPR :). Learn to be patient..

Just to add things up. 2017/2018 year had increased ITA's in Q2 compared to Q1. Hope the pattern continues in 2019 aswell. Good Luck to everyone and greater luck to those with lower 440's.

Cheers
Shan

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
My Assumptions:

If, in April, we all experience 3 draws in a row, then it would be more than a lottery for all of us! The draws might be in this sequence of 3-17-24 April, with the inbetween draw gaps of 14 days and 7 days respectively. So, the 7 days gap in the draws of 17 April and 24 April, may result in the dramatic decline of the CRS cut off. If it happens, then the chances are very high that the score may hit the early 440s range. Fingers crossed! !

If not April, then it will be May for sure with 3 B2B draws, but in that case there won't be any 7 days draw so far!!

Last edited:
Reactions: LKRYA and Shaanoh

Shaanoh

Nov 2, 2018
Hello.
Can somebody help me out on this?

1. We´ve got an ITA on jan-2019, and we are close to the deadline of sending the documents. My husband lived in South Africa 9 years ago, and they are having a major delay in sending the police certificate. Is there a way to submit our application only with the receipt that we have asked por the police certificate? or not? Do you guys know how to proceed on this?

2. In case we have to withdraw, how should we do with the medical exam that we already did? Should we do a new one?

Thanks for your help.
Anne.

Hi Anne,

Hope this helps. An official statement from the IRCC page.

If you cannot get a police certificate in time
If you’re invited to apply, you have 60 days to submit your application for permanent residence. If you do not have all your police certificates by the 60-day deadline, you have 2 options:

Option 1: Decline your invitation to apply
Your profile will go back in the pool. Depending on your score, you may be invited to apply again.

Option 2: Prove you applied for the police certificate
In very rare cases, we may accept both a letter of explanation and proof that shows you made your best effort to get a police certificate on time.

You can upload this in the country-specific police certificate field of your document checklist. Examples of proof:

• a confirmation receipt
  • a payment receipt
  • a delivery notice
  • a tracking number
An officer will review your application. If they’re not satisfied that you made your best effort, your application may be rejected for being incomplete.

Link for your reference...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Cheers
Shan

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Yeah I don't think everyone has moved to computer based as yet. There is quantitative evidence that application inflow increases right after paper based IELTS results even though it's been six months since computer based exam was introduced globally.

Boluwaduro

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
welldone guys. Im currently on 445. if i can max my ielts it goes up to 454. my birthday is in july do i have a chance of getting ITA before then or I should just try to increase my crs score?. Im really loosing hopes with what Im seen here. Its bn a long journey

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
welldone guys. Im currently on 445. if i can max my ielts it goes up to 454. my birthday is in july do i have a chance of getting ITA before then or I should just try to increase my crs score?. Im really loosing hopes with what Im seen here. Its bn a long journey
It would be better to write IELTS one more time and take the score to 448 or 451 or 454 (which is the best case). All the best!

CRS cut-off can easily touch 445 by May / June. In your case, there is a trade-off between money and patience. All the best!!

Reactions: Boluwaduro

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
One of the reasons they have reduced the number if ITAs is potentially due to the HUGE backlog of applications awaiting to be assessed. Most applicants from last May/June are still waiting to hear back from CIC with a decision on their applications. They are well over their 6 month time frame. Many CIC call center officers have also confirmed about the huge backlog. So my assumption is that until they clear up some of the applications still awaiting evaluations, the ITAs are going to stay low.

But I also do think they will increase the ITAs in the coming months. They are just bidding a bit of time/ giving them a bit of breather to catch up with the existing applications.

So, keep yourselves positive, your time will come :)

Reactions: skg1988

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
One of the reasons they have reduced the number if ITAs is potentially due to the HUGE backlog of applications awaiting to be assessed. Most applicants from last May/June are still waiting to hear back from CIC with a decision on their applications. They are well over their 6 month time frame. Many CIC call center officers have also confirmed about the huge backlog. So my assumption is that until they clear up some of the applications still awaiting evaluations, the ITAs are going to stay low.

But I also do think they will increase the ITAs in the coming months. They are just bidding a bit of time/ giving them a bit of breather to catch up with the existing applications.

So, keep yourselves positive, your time will come :)
As I wrote earlier several times, if we do simple math, current speed of 3350 ITAs every two weeks is enough to meet the target.

Last year, they did 3900s later in the year in order to offset the shortfall created through 2750s and 3000s done earlier in the year.

Reactions: Boluwaduro

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
I NEED HELP. I stayed in USA for 3 years. so I have to do PCC from USA. where to do that and how much time it takes get it done.

skg1988

Feb 11, 2019
I don't know how reliable this webpage is, however, it says that there are 24 IELTS (paper-based) dates for general training in an year...
https://ieltscanadatest.com/take-ielts/test-dates-2019/

If this information is true, it should, somehow, help to correlate the EE pool intake/week vs crs cut-off in the coming draws.
As SeniorStakes pointed out that there is no result declaration before the next draw if it happens on 3rd April, the crs cut-off might even touch to 448 with 3350 ITAs.

Last edited: