+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 113th Draw

PS_001

Mar 6, 2019
Hi Everyone! I am new to this group. My score is 444 and I have maxed out IELTS (L9 R8.5 W7.5 S7.5). Do you think I stand a chance? I've noticed that @abhishek_89 has pretty much accurately predicted the scores in the last few months. Can you please advise? Thanks

Jakekal

Nov 14, 2018
Hi Everyone! I am new to this group. My score is 444 and I have maxed out IELTS (L9 R8.5 W7.5 S7.5). Do you think I stand a chance? I've noticed that @abhishek_89 has pretty much accurately predicted the scores in the last few months. Can you please advise? Thanks
Hi, good luck to you. I’ve done the IELTS once and scored 9 7.5 7 7, can you share what resources you used and practice methods or habits for max-ing out the IELTS please? Thank you

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
No while the IELTS score is under evaluation. Can I create profile and receive ITA?
Yes, you can if you have met with the criteria of CLB 9 that is 8777 in the initial result. I don't think, there would be any problem getting the ITA. Well, while creating the EE-Profile, you have to get the TRF ready with you, as you are supposed to enter the report number. So, in case you don't have it, you are unable to create a profile.
Moreover, when the revalution result will be out you can update it to max out your scores in the pool. The latter option is mostly recommended if you're having low CRS. But, honestly I would recommend you to do that prior to the ITA. Because, sometimes updating a profile creates some issues, as the Immigration officer may think that you'd provided false information initially. So you may end up waiting longer for your PR. However, it doesn't happen quite often.

Last edited:

PS_001

Mar 6, 2019
Hi, good luck to you. I’ve done the IELTS once and scored 9 7.5 7 7, can you share what resources you used and practice methods or habits for max-ing out the IELTS please? Thank you
Thanks! Since I have taken GMAT earlier, it wasn't very difficult to crack IELTS. Just went through a few youtube videos for Speaking, for Listening did at least 8 British Council practice tests. Didn't really do much for Reading since that's my strength. Though I found Writing difficult, my content writing skills as a Digital Marketer helped. In terms of time spent, I think it's relative to what you personally find difficult, for me it was Listening. So spent majority of time on that section. Also did a couple Cambridge tests from a book that I borrowed from a friend.

PS_001

Mar 6, 2019
Good luck and Can you share the resouces and tips to get a good IELTS score
Thanks! Since I have taken GMAT earlier, it wasn't very difficult to crack IELTS. Just went through a few youtube videos for Speaking, for Listening did at least 8 British Council practice tests. Didn't really do much for Reading since that's my strength. Though I found Writing difficult, my content writing skills as a Digital Marketer helped. In terms of time spent, I think it's relative to what you personally find difficult, for me it was Listening. So spent majority of time on that section. Also did a couple Cambridge tests from a book that I borrowed from a friend.

prsingh

Feb 22, 2019
Connecticut, US
Yes, you can if you have met with the criteria of CLB 9 that is 8777 in the initial result. I don't think, there would be any problem getting the ITA. Well, while creating the EE-Profile, you have to get the TRF ready with you, as you are supposed to enter the report number. So, in case you don't have it, you are unable to create a profile.
Moreover, when the revalution result will be out you can update it to max out your scores in the pool. The latter option is mostly recommended if you're having low CRS. But, honestly I would recommend you to do that prior to the ITA. Because, sometimes updating a profile creates some issues, as the Immigration officer may think that you'd provided false information initially. So you may end up waiting longer for your PR. However, it doesn't happen quite often.
So my current score would be 449 once I receive wes reports... and re evaluation would give me 3 more points... do you think for 3 points it is worth the effort?

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
I have a tough question about my case. I have CSR 445 right now.

I am currently with my 3 years post-graduated work permit and expired in Mid June 2019.

What happen if I don't get ITA before mid June? I will kick out from Canada and my company and go back to my home country.

Can I still apply PR after?
You can apply for Visitor Record to remain in Canada as a visitor or you can go back to you origin country and wait ITA. Express entry can be applied in any country.

If you have sufficient funds and want to stay in Canada waiting for ITA, go for the Visitor Record application.

Reactions: a16107

MzBAH

Feb 19, 2019
Bahamas
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
my score is 468 and round is on 454 in how much time i will get ITA
I'm confused. You should have gotten one today if you have a current CRS score of 468, unless you just submitted your EE profile today after the draw. That score of 454 was the minimum score one can get to get an ITA today, not the max.

Apparently, it takes up to 24 hrs for ITA recipients to be notified of the ITA so you may just need to wait a few hours to get yours.

msk94

Aug 31, 2018
I'm confused. You should have gotten one today if you have a current CRS score of 468, unless you just submitted your EE profile today after the draw. That score of 454 was the minimum score one can get to get an ITA today, not the max.

Apparently, it takes up to 24 hrs for ITA recipients to be notified of the ITA so you may just need to wait a few hours to get yours.
received ITA

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
It's tough. Your best bet is to learn french. Since you are strong in reading, you could just start by reading in french after learning a bit of grammar. It's not that hard, within 6 months you can easily add 6 points by maximizing on reading. If you put some effort, listening is not that bad either, easy 3 points for B2 level. Especially, higher level words are all latin, pretty much similar to English.

Reactions: PS_001

PS_001

Mar 6, 2019
It's tough. Your best bet is to learn french. Since you are strong in reading, you could just start by reading in french after learning a bit of grammar. It's not that hard, within 6 months you can easily add 6 points by maximizing on reading. If you put some effort, listening is not that bad either, easy 3 points for B2 level. Especially, higher level words are all latin, pretty much similar to English.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look at this option now.
Do you have any details of the French test to be taken? Anything would help. Thanks.