+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 112th Draw

rza313

Oct 1, 2018
Sitting at 441 and trying to weight out my chances this year. I have a couple of years until I'm 30 and my IELTS score is a couple of months old. Should I consider doing a year-long Masters program to increase my CRS or just sit back and wait for the score to drop?

chirag171987

Jan 9, 2019
Hi guys,

I am at 434 (with spouse) and 454 (non-accompanying spouse). Birthday in July. Do you guys suggest to get my ITA first and then sponsor my wife? Is this possible?
Thanks.

Theo2018

Jan 14, 2019
Dear All, thank you very much for the very valuable information! I have a question and would appreciate any input. I have an EE profile created. English as first language, French as second. I also have a job offer and am waiting for the LMIA, NOC under the list of Human Capital Priorities.
My CRS is 447, loosing 10 points second week of March - birthday 40+.
1) where can I indicate that I have a job offer in my EE profile, is it possible even without the LMIA?
2) should I wait until I loose points for an ITA or try now to bring French as first language trying to get a NOI for the French Speaking stream?
All the best and TIA.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All, thank you very much for the very valuable information! I have a question and would appreciate any input. I have an EE profile created. English as first language, French as second. I also have a job offer and am waiting for the LMIA, NOC under the list of Human Capital Priorities.
1) where can I indicate that I have a job offer in my EE profile, is it possible even without the LMIA?
2) should I wait until I loose points for an ITA or try now to bring French as first language trying to get a NOI for the French Speaking stream?
All the best and TIA.
You can afford to wait 3-4 weeks (until your Bday). If you do not get through by then just swap to French and wait for Ontario to invite you (you will have to recreate your profile with French as a first language of course).

Also if your French is on CBL 7 at least you can go for visa for that job offer without LMIA. You just need to choose mobilite francophone as a reason why to skip LMIA. However that offer itself will not count for points until you have worked at least 1 year like that.

Reactions: Theo2018

abnzyr18

Apr 11, 2018
Sitting at 441 and trying to weight out my chances this year. I have a couple of years until I'm 30 and my IELTS score is a couple of months old. Should I consider doing a year-long Masters program to increase my CRS or just sit back and wait for the score to drop?
Is your ielts maxed out ?
If Not then try maxing your IELTS score.

If IELTS maxed, then would advise you to wait. The score generally averages to 440 and above in a few normal draws. However would advise you to take OINP invitation if you get one.

raj_tan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Looks like you have maxed out your score with bachelor's degree.if you can do a one year PG diploma, you would get 33 more points..so take it up as soon as possible.. in the meantime if scores drop or if you receive oinp, grab it..

raj_tan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi guys,

I am at 434 (with spouse) and 454 (non-accompanying spouse). Birthday in July. Do you guys suggest to get my ITA first and then sponsor my wife? Is this possible?
Thanks.
Possible, but a cumbersome process.. you have to first settle down and then apply for sponsorship which might take up to 2 years..

Reactions: chirag171987

raj_tan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
All the best and TIA.
Do you intend to reside in Toronto or want to settle in Montreal or Vancouver? In a couple of federal draws, the scores should breach 447.. so you will get direct ITA and can go to any province..
Option 2, if in case you don't receive direct ITA before your bday, then make french as your first language in the EE profile.. you will receive NOI from Ontario 100 %.. that draw usually happens every Thursday's and there is no minimum CRS requirement..

Reactions: Theo2018

raj_tan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi all, My score is 443 and I am loosing 5 points on March 19. What are my chances ?
Pray for a back to back draw to happen before your birthday my friend.. that's the only chance..
Also look for oinp noi, the previous Noi's issued on Jan 14th will expire on 28th feb.. I believe based on the number of people actually submitted, they will issue fresh notifications again targeting scores in the range 440s..