+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 108th

Amansivan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
Well, If I were you, i would keep improve english test scores. It is not that difficult when we both now live in Canada and many chances to practice. I had the same score as you when I did my first test last August. I took another on Dec 1, I got my desirable score which pump my EE to 446 now.
i tried 3 attempts for IELTS my first attempt was highest, I do not want to waste time, as i scored 8 in speaking, 6 in writing in first 2 attempts. then third attempt improved writing to 6.5 but speaking dropped to 6.5. I am lost
i know if i will get 7778 RWLS will be 446, but do not know what can help me to achieve, I have good English worked in call center over a year still:(

Thanks for suggestion i know that is the best option

Last edited:

PSCJ

Dec 21, 2018
Hi Guys...I'm new here...I will be 456 on Jan 1st, so I'm expecting to receive my ITA on the next draw!!!
My predictions (I'm engineer and know statistics) is that if the draw happens on Jan 2nd the score will be 438 +/- 1, and with draw on Jan 9th the score will be 444 +/-2

Reactions: ibtee and Barkook

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
Ok, So how's the best way to go about, scoring 10-12. That should put me over the wall.
You can focus on reading and listening, they can be learnt passively. It should take you about 6 months to get CLB 7, which gives you 3 points each, 6 in total. At that level, you can easily get 1 for writing as well. So, 7 points under 6 months is very doable.

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
do you have an idea about level 5 and level 6 equivalence.Mean does level 5/6 be same as beginner or intermedate level of english?
5 is nothing, not even close to intermediate. What's difficult is when you are between high 6 and low 7, can't tell much difference sometimes.

Pak 7625

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-11-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
Passport Req..
09-08-2019
Congratulations to everyone who had been waiting for a long time and finally got the invitation..
its a Christmas Present from IRCC! :D

Reactions: sleekchic

Jchettid

Jun 13, 2018
Hi all,

Currently me & my spouse are seating at CRS 435. I have taken the paper based IELTS on Dec 15th and the results are expected to be out on the 28th. Will I be able to update our profile with the latest IELTS scores (if we get better score) before Jan 2nd draw (if there is one happening). We will be lose 5 points on Feb 12th.

Reactions: ibtee

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
Yep yep, I am! In Sharjah, to be a bit more specific. Are you as well?
Yesss, in Dubai.
Did you know that the Egyptian Police certificate has been computerized???
Unfortunately we had already done them a couple of months ago and now we have 60 days ONLY to have the computerized ones done ... we’re freaking out big time.

Reactions: Barkook

thaitran26291

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Hi all,

Currently me & my spouse are seating at CRS 435. I have taken the paper based IELTS on Dec 15th and the results are expected to be out on the 28th. Will I be able to update our profile with the latest IELTS scores (if we get better score) before Jan 2nd draw (if there is one happening). We will be lose 5 points on Feb 12th.
Be award of tie-break rule, if 2 applicants have same points, who enters the pool first will receive an ITA.

sheikh.abaz

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Yes if we consider paper based tests only, the last test was on 15 December with result on 28th December. For a while, this will be the only paper based test result coming out as next test is after a 3 week gap on 5th of Jan with results on 18th, so there are good chances of the score staying low if the draw is held.
Yes but don't forget that there will be people who have taken CD IELTS test and it has been seen that people taking CD tests are scoring higher.

Barkook

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Yesss, in Dubai.
Did you know that the Egyptian Police certificate has been computerized???
Unfortunately we had already done them a couple of months ago and now we have 60 days ONLY to have the computerized ones done ... we’re freaking out big time.
Neat!
Oh right, I believe I've heard. Usually that is a positive thing, no? Am I missing something?

I recall the Egyptian folks here in UAE were suggesting to get the initial "feesh" from the embassy and then courier it to a family member in Egypt instead of letting the embassy handle it. Is that no longer possible? Another, much less economical, suggestion was to fly to Egypt and get it done there.

60 days is plenty of time for either of the two, you'll be fine, i'm positive. Also I'd check out a group called "Maple of Canada" , the guys over there are quite helpful

Reactions: Zigzag85

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Hi all,

We're kinda in a similar boat really. My wife & I are sitting on 438 for a month now. My wife's 2nd attempt at IELTS will give result on 28th Dec as well. Even though she didn't have the greatest test this time, even two CLB 9's and two CLB 7/8s will propel us to 440 which I think is a good enough score to get ITA sooner or later.

Reactions: nns14