+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 107th Draw

Trumped2018

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Hello everyone
I have some doubt reg my husband’s reference letter:
He is employed in family business since 10 years. But he cannot show any salary . He files ITR where rental income is shown. Can you please suggest what exactly to mention in his reference letter
Thanks
Consult a lawyer. Don't risk it on opinions.

Trumped2018

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Guys i am in big big trouble...my husband's company i.e TCS is not giving him reference letter...they refused to give any such letter for current employees. What should i do? He is accompanying spouse so anyways we are not getting any employment points...should i just remove his work history and write a letter of explanation or should i keep it there and add appt letter and salary slips? But i have read that without roles and responsibilities they ll not consider the application.please reply
First request the HR for this letter. They will refuse for sure as it is against policy. Convert that email to pdf>>>Use it
Request a senior colleague / maanger to send him a reference letter on his official tcs email id. This should be someone who has typically been in TCS for more time than he has and is same or higher designation. Save email as pdf>>>Use it.
Same would apply if he is primary as well. That is all. Your official email is more powerful that any notary, etc.

Usually, for accompanying spouse they just need proof of employment -- offer letter, promotion letters, salary slips etc. But attaching the reference email in stead of the letter will do the job for you.

Trumped2018

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
thanks.

has anyone applied for bank letter ? I want to ask... does this have to be in affidavit ? or official bank letter stating all the details required in cic site.... do we need to write the letter and give them the format ?

where is everyone with the document collection right now ? :)

I have booked the pcc, medical and have the reference letters ready.
On Bank Letterhead. With Bank Seal. Manager's Signature. All details are available on CIC website.

Trumped2018

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
After struggling to get ECA CiC is asking for transcripts and diploma !! Why do an ECa if they will check transcripts again :/
Marksheets are called transcripts here. Marksheets is a term we use. Please, just your marksheets and degree copies along with ECA. The end.

Trumped2018

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Hi All, Please help with my doubts.

Has [Candidate Name], and if applicable, [Candidate Name]'s family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.

Firstly, do all the document upload buttons allow adding single document?

1. I am single/never married. Do I need to add my parents and brothers travel history here? Since they have been entered in Family details. Or is it applicable only for dependents. - I think this would be only me as per a previous reply on this thread. Just yourself Sir. Do mention about your family in personal details.

2. Also the passport, I have is a new one and the stamps are in the old one. Should I add this below along with the Bio scan page. Also a US B1/B2 visa stamping in the current passport. You will be able to add only the current valid passport. However, you need to upload all your passport copies later. Every single page of them for doubt free processing.
Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) -

3. Street Number mandatory field in Address History accepts only number. I do not have a number for my street address in India(What should I enter here, Pin code. Simply put a '0'

4. Optional Documents - I plan to sell a mutual fund and it would raise my average monthly balance in the latest month. I will right an Loe to explain, I should be adding in the Mutual fund statement below this page in the scan? Not sure. Keep in mind you need to show that you were in continuous possession of the funds for last 6 months. Period.

Thanks

Trumped2018

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Good morning everyone,
I have some doubt:

I went to UK for 2 years (1 year study and 1 year job). I have given the details in the address and activity history.

I had made 2 short trips to India for weddings during this period. Do I need to enter this in travel history??? Please confirm.

In travel history, I have entered all foriegn trips from India which were for tourism. I hope I don’t need to enter my UK details for the 3rd time here
Thanks in advance
As a thumb rule, just mention about each and every stamp on your passport. Also, mention trips within EU etc. where you crossed countries but passports were not stamped. Be as honest as you can on this.

Trumped2018

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Could you please let me know if we need to enter our India address in the address history section,if we had just been there for vacation for a few months ?

And I am only seeing address history in my profile but not travel history section, will it appear after filling address history ?
vacation is covered under travel history. but if that India address was your only address at that time, you have to put. If you stayed in a hotel while moving from City A to B for x number of days. You must mention that.

Trumped2018

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Hi Guys
Post ITA while filling the application :
in the personal activities section where it is mentioned to
List any government positions (such as civil servant, police officer, an employee in a security organization) XYZ has held at any time. Include positions XYZ has held before or after retirement.
List any organizations has supported, been a member of or been associated with at any time. Include any political, social, youth or student organization, trade unions and professional associations

I have to ask you guys.. is this the section where you write the work history? Actually, I was a housewife from 2017 mrch until december 2018. Just joined an organization now (HAS JUST BEEN 10 days)which I am not going to mention since I won't get the reference letter. is it ok to write homemaker instead?
also now i am in india ..... just came in septemeber from US . will i have to write like
march 2017 - sep 2018 US location homemaker
sep 2018- current India location homemaker
Mention correct information. To the point. No need to put it in work history. But do mention in personal.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
vacation is covered under travel history. but if that India address was your only address at that time, you have to put. If you stayed in a hotel while moving from City A to B for x number of days. You must mention that.
this makes me question one point :

i was residing in the US from 2017-2018 and I travelled to India(my home, current permanent address) in between from dec 2017-march 2018 .

I have mentioned all the countries i have visited otherwise for business, trips but not India (dec 2017-march 2018) since it is my home address only which i have mentioned in address history.... should i write that as well ?

Reyaansonam26

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
You are not required to upload your transcripts. Transcripts are meant for evaluators. They are not meant for us to see technically.
You do need to upload original marksheets whether or not you have claimed points based on ECA or not.
I have just uploaded the degree page...not marksheets...bec because in the help section only degree was mentioned...yhat thwhy asking

Aksobti

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
this makes me question one point :

i was residing in the US from 2017-2018 and I travelled to India(my home, current permanent address) in between from dec 2017-march 2018 .

I have mentioned all the countries i have visited otherwise for business, trips but not India (dec 2017-march 2018) since it is my home address only which i have mentioned in address history.... should i write that as well ?
I resided in UK for 2 years and made 2 short trips to India then.. I have not mentioned in travel history assuming that I came back to my home country and permanent address...

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
I resided in UK for 2 years and made 2 short trips to India then.. I have not mentioned in travel history assuming that I came back to my home country and permanent address...
Yup same here .. but I think since passport stamping will there we should mention ? Anyone ?