+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 107th Draw

tanzeelahmed64

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Of course. I've gone for a BTEC Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership from Pearson (Through an educational institute in UAE).
It's 120 credits, so hopefully upon completion would be assessed as a 1-year diploma. Also the program I'm in allows me to 'top-up' the PG with an MBA from Cardiff Metropolitan University. It's pretty steep though if you ask me, cost-wise.
When is it gonna complete?

Day2203

Aug 26, 2018
Scheduled to be completed by August, but I'm planning on fast tracking wherever possible in order to finish it before then.
Did you research it (btec level 7) before you decided to do it..? Just that I was looking at my husband completing that to boost our points and I read in forums that it was the equivalent to like 1 semester or something.
Just curious, as if you know for definite it will be assessed as a certicate or diploma then I will look into it again :)

Barkook

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Did you research it (btec level 7) before you decided to do it..? Just that I was looking at my husband completing that to boost our points and I read in forums that it was the equivalent to like 1 semester or something.
Just curious, as if you know for definite it will be assessed as a certicate or diploma then I will look into it again :)
I have done plenty of research on the matter, but couldn't find an identical case here on the forum that posted their WES ECA results.

However I have definitely confirmed two important facts: Pearson being recognized and that as long as it's 120 credits, it is in fact the equivalent of a one-year PG Diploma in the UK and WES regularly assesses it as such. I'm hoping to finish it as soon as humanly possible so I can post the (hopefully successful) outcome of the ECA here on the forum.

In my head, worst-case scenario, continue with the MBA top-up option (which would take an additional 6 months) in order to get points for Masters instead of 2 degrees.

Day2203

Aug 26, 2018
I have done plenty of research on the matter, but couldn't find an identical case here on the forum that posted their WES ECA results.

However I have definitely confirmed two important facts: Pearson being recognized and that as long as it's 120 credits, it is in fact the equivalent of a one-year PG Diploma in the UK and WES regularly assesses it as such. I'm hoping to finish it as soon as humanly possible so I can post the (hopefully successful) outcome of the ECA here on the forum.

In my head, worst-case scenario, continue with the MBA top-up option (which would take an additional 6 months) in order to get points for Masters instead of 2 degrees.
Perfect, thank you. I will definitely look into. Didn't want to spend around £1700 if it turned out to be a waste of money, you know! We are currently relying on me receiving my degree in April (already have a certificate assessed) but I hate all the pressure being on me lol. Thank you for your advice ;)

Reactions: Barkook

rudraank

Dec 18, 2018
I'm expecting a draw tomorrow and it will be at 441 or 440 :)
I am a newbie here and how i wish the crs gets down to 440 tomorrow. I am waiting at 441.
Although I am praying the draw happens tomorrow but is there a possibility the draw happens on the 24th?

tanzeelahmed64

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
I am a newbie here and how i wish the crs gets down to 440 tomorrow. I am waiting at 441.
Although I am praying the draw happens tomorrow but is there a possibility the draw happens on the 24th?
Why do you want it to be on 24th? So score can rise to 444-445 again?

tanzeelahmed64

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
I didn't say I want it on the 24th. I had a question and I asked a group member. Moreover, nothing would happen as per my say.
So you meant 2 draws? One on 19th and then another on 24th?
BTW i didn't know you would mind me asking because everybody is having a discussion here and i did not mean to offend you.

Reactions: Zigzag85

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
BTW i didn't know you would mind me asking because everybody is having a discussion here and i did not mean to offend you.
I think he’s afraid of it happening on th 24th.... well, I highly doubt a draw on Christmas eve.
I kinda feel there will be no draw before 2019... although I’m on my knees praying to God for a draw before 2019.

safarizone

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Tanzeel, he's "offended" because it seems you didn't understand what his post was saying.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
For the last 3 years, there has been no draw from 23rd of December to 2nd of January.

So most likely, the final draw of the year will be this week. Very good chance for people stuck at 440 or 441 to finally make it :)

TAShakur

Dec 18, 2018
Seems like there are tons of us stuck between 440-444. I really hope we all have a cause to cheer by the end of the week. This is truly nerve-wracking! Really wish CIC will be more open in terms of timing for draws ;)

Reactions: Zigzag85