+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 103rd draw

FMT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
This has been really crazy. I was at 442 on September 26, awaiting the October 3 draw....then it came at 445. October 5 was my birthday, and I dropped to 437. Today, it is 440.

Tough!
Wow, So sorry about that. Don't give up yet

Rishi@1806

Apr 6, 2018
Did not see this coming. Super surprised with this Monday draw :D :D

I have been in the pool since June this year at 435, will be losing points on October 19th. When I saw the cut-off at 445 on October 3rd I had lost all hope. I had almost put an end to my Canadian dream started looking at Australia as next option.

There are few people here who kept me motivated and urged me to keep pushing even if there was 1% chance to increase my score.Thanks to them I decided to make one last push with my university to sort out my issue with WES and they responded. Two days after the October 3rd draw, I got positive assessment from WES and qualified for two or more certificates :) My score updated to 468 :)

Right now, I'm looking at the magical email with tears in my eyes!!! This is probably the best birthday gift ever!!!

I would like to thank all those wonderful people in this forum who were behind me, you guys seemed more confident than I was, I wouldn't be in this thread now if you hadn't kept me pushing. I'm eternally grateful to you guys!!! Thank you!!

The biggest lesson I have learnt from this forum is never lose hope!! I am going to continue with my prayers and help others who are on the same boat as I was!! I wish everyone achieves their Canadian dream :)

Keep pushing yourselves :D

How did you resolve your WES issue between the institute and WES? WES say my university is unrecognized. However, it one of the top B-School in the country.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yayy buddy.Congrats. woof woof.Told you to never lose hope and be optimistic.You were sad few weeks back comparing last years scores with this year 440+ scores.See the result now.And I am sure that getting ITA now in this highly competitive 440+ cutoff scenario is 1000 times more satisfying than getting ITA with last year 415 cutoffs.Always be optimistic and fight with everything you have.

Start preparing all your documents.The D day fr PPR is an inch closer than yesterday. All the best . :)
What you said is 100% correct. Getting an ITA in any draw is great but receiving it in such a highly competitive year is even more satisfying. All that hardwork and struggle finally paid off.

Thank you so much for the support my friend :D

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
How did you resolve your WES issue between the institute and WES? WES say my university is unrecognized. However, it one of the top B-School in the country.
My issue was entirely different. WES considered my PG certificate program as one semester. My university sent them an official later stating it is a one year program and requires a minimum of bachelors degree for admission. It is also a program study towards masters degree in future. Within 2 days, WES changed it from one semester program to Diploma.

In the meantime, I also sent my transcripts to IQAS which is of no use now anyways. By the time I get the ECA I would have received my PPR lol.

If WES doesn't recognise your university, then there is nothing your university can do here. Better try IQAS

Reactions: shyee

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
My issue was entirely different. WES considered my PG certificate program as one semester. My university sent them an official later stating it is a one year program and requires a minimum of bachelors degree for admission. It is also a program study towards masters degree in future. Within 2 days, WES changed it from one semester program to Diploma.

In the meantime, I also sent my transcripts to IQAS which is of no use now anyways. By the time I get the ECA I would have received my PPR lol.

If WES doesn't recognise your university, then there is nothing your university can do here. Better try IQAS
If university is unrecognized, one can always follow up with the university and ask them the university to contact WES and see how to get recognized in their system. I see that WES is pretty responsive towards communications from the universities themselves. If they are really one of the top B-schools in the country, they should not be happy that they are not being recognized by one of the premier evaluation agencies in the world.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I feel that being a Monday draw the cut-off was at 440. If this was Wednesdsy it may have been 441 or 442.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
If university is unrecognized, one can always follow up with the university and ask them the university to contact WES and see how to get recognized in their system. I see that WES is pretty responsive towards communications from the universities themselves. If they are really one of the top B-schools in the country, they should not be happy that they are not being recognized by one of the premier evaluation agencies in the world.
I don't know how WES recognises institutions. But those unrecognised by WES are recognised by IQAS.

I do agree, WES never replied to me after my evaluation was done. But they responded to my university when they got in touch. The communication went back and forth before they finally changed their report.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
I feel that being a Monday draw the cut-off was at 440. If this was Wednesdsy it may have been 441 or 442.
Almost certainly this was the factor. Everyone submits their profiles at the last moment. I was doing the same on Tuesday before the last draw. IRCC made a smooth play to bring down the cutoff :)

Reactions: SumH12

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
Is it mandatory to enroll in the job bank after creating the Express entry profile? I heard that your profile won't be considered 'open' if we don't register in the job bank. Is this true? I couldn't find much information on this so can anyone help me with this question? Thank you!

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
Is it mandatory to enroll in the job bank after creating the Express entry profile? I heard that your profile won't be considered 'open' if we don't register in the job bank. Is this true? I couldn't find much information on this so can anyone help me with this question? Thank you!
No, it is not. Job bank is completely separate from EE process. It is your own personal decision whether you want to enroll with job bank or not.

I believe sometime back, it was mandatory to enroll in the job bank so you are most probably getting outdated info from someone who went through this process awhile back.

Reactions: hgunawa

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
No, it is not. Job bank is completely separate from EE process. It is your own personal decision whether you want to enroll with job bank or not.

I believe sometime back, it was mandatory to enroll in the job bank so you are most probably getting outdated info from someone who went through this process awhile back.
Ahh okay, yes that's probably what it is. Thank you so much for your reply.

swatkat91

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Another myth busted. It doesn't matter when you submit or update your EE profile as long as it is before the EE draw time. I submitted my profile exactly 30 minutes before the draw and got my ITA. Posting as I was searching for an answer to this question myself before.