+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 103rd draw

MKRaja

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
I have a query, what happens if your birthday falls on the date the crs draw comes out? Do you deduct 5 points or keep it as a birthday gift? :)... or do you see the time or birth? Possible with us as my wife’s birthday falls on November 14!!

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
N

Actually the TRF number is not there on british council's result page
Ohh I must have confused BC's results preview with IDP's results preview. My apologies.
In that case you will need the hard copy of the TRF to see the TRF number.
In most cases the hard copy will be couriered within 1-2 days after the results have been dispatched.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a query, what happens if your birthday falls on the date the crs draw comes out? Do you deduct 5 points or keep it as a birthday gift? :)... or do you see the time or birth? Possible with us as my wife’s birthday falls on November 14!!
If it is at the same day as draw then no. However if it is just 1 day earlier, then they will deduct your points after, even if the software does not catch up that soon. So you need to be careful around bdays.

EconomicRefugee

Oct 8, 2018
Fail again.
Time to leave:)
Time to say goodbye to Canada dream:)
Don’t give up! Honestly I took the test a number of times. First IELTS - W 6.5, S 9, R & L 7.5. Then CELPIP W 8, R 10, L 10 and S 9. I realized that writing was my weakness and decided to come up with a strategy. You need to know the test as well as your strengths and weaknesses. After being screwed over by employer with letters etc, which put CEC out of reach for me I took the test again and got S 9, R 11, L 10, W 9. I know someone who took the test 8 times! Now I have CLB 9 but not enough time because my permit will expire soon and I MUST be invited in the next draw and hopefully it will be this month. Moral of the story is, it is achievable and you can do it! Don’t be discouraged. All the best.

hirumPK

Star Member
Jun 6, 2018
Guys i needed a little help and would really appreciate if someone here can help. I made my express entry profile in back when we were only two last weekend we were blessed with a baby and I wanted to update my profile. The only section it had was for the number off dependents, i have added the information there, but i wasn't prompted with any other option to enter any other details for the dependent. Further in the application summary when i click on view dependents i only see my spouse. Can someone guide me if i need to update anything anywhere or I'm good?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I think if it falls on the day then you will get points deducted because your age (in whole numbers) moves to the next year on that date.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Guys i needed a little help and would really appreciate if someone here can help. I made my express entry profile in back when we were only two last weekend we were blessed with a baby and I wanted to update my profile. The only section it had was for the number off dependents, i have added the information there, but i wasn't prompted with any other option to enter any other details for the dependent. Further in the application summary when i click on view dependents i only see my spouse. Can someone guide me if i need to update anything anywhere or I'm good?
You will get to enter dependent details once you get an ITA. Initially you will only see spouse under dependent.

Reactions: hirumPK

MKRaja

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
If it is at the same day as draw then no. However if it is just 1 day earlier, then they will deduct your points after, even if the software does not catch up that soon. So you need to be careful around bdays.
I didn’t get you, if it’s on the same day points won’t be deducted, but if draw is out a day earlier, points are deducted? How?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Any chance for the score to drop to 438? I made the profile on the 6th October. Will I get the ITA if the CRS drops to 438 or 437?
If drraw happens tomorrow I can see the score falling to 439. Not sure about 438. There are many thousands of people between 430 and 440. You can find exact figures online. So I don't know. But there is a chance

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn’t get you, if it’s on the same day points won’t be deducted, but if draw is out a day earlier, points are deducted? How?
the software they are using is a bit laggish. That means, that it does not react promptly enough to change your points. As some people have reported they points change only within 1 or 2 weeks.
When they are sending out ITA they do not check the accounts for details. (except if they meet points and they are in tie break rule if that is applicable).
However once you send out application, they will check everything in detail. And they will not accept an excuse that their software is not good enough.
So it is up to you to dobule check your points and that is for work experience (where the system is counting in months but they will check it in details in days) or when it comes to your bday and the points change.

Last edited: