+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rare situation regarding the timing for requesting an FBI police certificate ..

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

Just want to share my situation to you all ....when I submitted all of my documents to CIC that I didn't have my FBI PCC so I did write CIC an explained letter attached with related evidences. Therefore I was really anxious when I read some posts said their application got reject because of missing FBI PCC. But in my case I didn't get rejected from CIC and I did received a request from CIC today to ask me to submit the FBI PCC within 30 days and I just got my FBI PCC this week. So I upload to CIC right away.

All I want to say is as long as you do have a good reason and show CIC the evidences then they won't just reject or cancel your application based on one missing document. :)

pk1988

May 21, 2015
Thanks so much for letting us know. When did you submit your documents - and are you currently in the US or Canada?

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
vehla_ji said:
if anyone need FBI certificate faster let me know. i got mine in 7 days.
Hi Vehla... did you get your report through an FBI-approved third party (channeler)? Because on the CIC site they clearly mention "Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not accept FBI police certificates issued by FBI-approved third party private companies. Only police certificates issued directly by the FBI will be accepted."

I'm seeing a couple of channelers who will provide you with a police report in 5-7 business days... You'd be a very lucky person if you did it through a channeler and Canada's immigration accepted it.

Please advise.

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pk1988 said:
Thanks so much for letting us know. When did you submit your documents - and are you currently in the US or Canada?
Hi
I submitted my documents to CIC on March 5th, and CIC has just sent me the request for FBI PCC on May 29, 2015. I did get a document request for Schedule A from CIC back in March 26 as well. So my hope is that my PR application is already at the last stage so that was why CIC requested me to provide them the FBI PCC. Finger crossed .....

I am currently in Canada....

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
pk1988 said:
Can you please provide more details? I submitted a FBI request on Mar 30th and called up the FBI Customer Service to check in the status - they are working on the requests received before March 16, and there isn't any way they can expedite the process. What did you do to get yours in 7 days?
are you inside USA? if yes which state? if no where were you in states ?

vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
tomneversfield said:
Hi Vehla... did you get your report through an FBI-approved third party (channeler)? Because on the CIC site they clearly mention "Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not accept FBI police certificates issued by FBI-approved third party private companies. Only police certificates issued directly by the FBI will be accepted."

I'm seeing a couple of channelers who will provide you with a police report in 5-7 business days... You'd be a very lucky person if you did it through a channeler and Canada's immigration accepted it.

Please advise.
i submit mine directly to FBI on 24 march and called them on 1st april and they dont have any updates for me yet and i was worried about that so i took a chance and yes i got my fbi through third party but nothing written on that it's from third party. it clearly states this document issued by FBI and file number and all info. so in my case no problem at all. need more help or advice or my third party details plz inbox me.

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
pk1988 said:
No updates yet. Not sure if CIC is processing applications from within Canada first as I have seen people getting medical results reviewed within a week of submitting eAPR. Hoping to get an update soon!
Hi Pk1988,

I am in the exact situation and submitted my documents on the same day you did (05/05/2015). I just received my FBI PC yesterday and submitted it today with a CSE because CIC has not requested it yet. I have seen some changes in my application, my medicals are passed and my background check and review of eligibility are both "in progress" but other than that I haven't seen anything else changing.

I am out of Canada applying as a FSW. I am just curious to see how our cases progress since we submitted the documents the very same day.

Best of lucks in the process!

pk1988

May 21, 2015
Kucuy15 said:
Hi Pk1988,

I am in the exact situation and submitted my documents on the same day you did (05/05/2015). I just received my FBI PC yesterday and submitted it today with a CSE because CIC has not requested it yet. I have seen some changes in my application, my medicals are passed and my background check and review of eligibility are both "in progress" but other than that I haven't seen anything else changing.

I am out of Canada applying as a FSW. I am just curious to see how our cases progress since we submitted the documents the very same day.

Hey, there was some problem with my Credit Card, so I have not received my PC yet from FBI. (not sure when will I get it)!!
CIC asked me to upload Schedule A and a police certificate from Canada as I have visited Canada a few times. I have already provided Schedule A form, and am currently in the process of getting police certificate from RCMP. Other than that, the status is same as yours. Medicals passed, BG and review of eligibility in progress.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
I am sending fingerprints to FBI this week, and am planning to submit my EE profile early August. In case I get super lucky and get an ITA immediately, I'll be in the same boat as you guys when it comes to FBI PCC.

My question is: other than the LOE, what kind of evidence did you submit with your application to prove that you sent a request to FBI? Does FBI send you some kind of confirmation or do you just upload post office slip?

Also, if I send the fingerprints through DHL to FBI, will they accept the package or does it need to be regular post?

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
Tocanadawego said:
I am sending fingerprints to FBI this week, and am planning to submit my EE profile early August. In case I get super lucky and get an ITA immediately, I'll be in the same boat as you guys when it comes to FBI PCC.

My question is: other than the LOE, what kind of evidence did you submit with your application to prove that you sent a request to FBI? Does FBI send you some kind of confirmation or do you just upload post office slip?

Also, if I send the fingerprints through DHL to FBI, will they accept the package or does it need to be regular post?
I think you should plan for "getting super lucky" and send your fingerprints right away. I created my EE profile and withing 10 days got an ITA, in the first round that invited people without a job offer or pnp (imagine my surprise) so I honestly wasn't ready with all my documentation. That being said, I do think you will be in the same boat as many of us but I am relieved I submitted my application without the FB PC because the EE draws have been crazy lately and I probably wouldn't have gotten another invite for a while. I submitted a copy of the fingerprints card, FBI form, the delivery slip and a confirmation of delivery along with my explanation letter. Just got my report on Monday and submitted it via CSE (not sure if that works at all) but better than nothing!

You can send your fingerprints with any shipping company, just don't send a prepaid return envelope because they are not going to use it. I sent mine via Fedex and got it back (to a US address) via First Class Mail USPS.

Hope this helps and good luck with your EE profile!

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Thank you!
I got the fingerprints done today and will send the package next week. Let's see how long it'll take...

xsrevelo01

Apr 30, 2012
Kucuy15 said:
Hi Pk1988,

Hi Kucuy15,

I am curious to know how exactly you submitted your FBI PC to CIC without them asking for it. When submitting the CSE, what option did you choose? "Verification of status, replacement, and verification of documents" or "Express Entry"? I know it is a minor detail but I am so paranoid about all this lol.

Thanks!
Xavier

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
xsrevelo01 said:
Hi Kucuy15,

I am curious to know how exactly you submitted your FBI PC to CIC without them asking for it. When submitting the CSE, what option did you choose? "Verification of status, replacement, and verification of documents" or "Express Entry"? I know it is a minor detail but I am so paranoid about all this lol.

Thanks!
Xavier
Hi Xavier,
I actually have an update on this subject. I submitted my FBI report on July 7th via CSE and got the generic auto-reply email comfirming that it was sent. After reading on a few threads in this forum I realized I made a mistake because I chose the wrong application type when I sent it. That was last week, so I re-sent it using the right app type this time, which is 'Express Entry' for anybody applying for PR via EE. That was Wednesday last week and I got the same generic email right after submission. But on Friday, I got a second email stating that the documents were received and attached to my application which was a total relief!
Be aware though that a lot of members in this forum have reported waiting over 30 days for a respond to a CSE, I guess I was among the lucky few who got a response within two business days.

Good luck!!