+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

rape victim within canada

Jun 12, 2017
hi, i'm east indian and currently in caanda as international student. i got sexually assault 2 times by east indian men in canada. I also got sexually abuse when i was child (in india). i'm afraid to go back there after i finish my study. i have fear to face indian males and society. what i can do? can i apply as a refugee? help!

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm very sorry to hear about your experiences. I'm assuming you reported the two men who assaulted you in Canada to police. If not, I would highly encourage you to do so.

Unfortunately the situation you've described very likely isn't grounds for a refugee case. You'll want to look into Canada's economic immigration programs if you want to become a PR and remain in Canada. Canadian Experience Class may be your best option once you've completed your education in Canada and obtained at least one year of full time paid work experience in a NOC A, B or 0 profession.

Good luck

Reactions: Novel
Jun 12, 2017
Not even on humanitarian and compassionate bases? Even if one of the rape was voilent.
I'm very sorry to hear about your experiences. I'm assuming you reported the two men who assaulted you in Canada to police. If not, I would highly encourage you to do so.

Unfortunately the situation you've described very likely isn't grounds for a refugee case. You'll want to look into Canada's economic immigration programs if you want to become a PR and remain in Canada. Canadian Experience Class may be your best option once you've completed your education in Canada and obtained at least one year of full time paid work experience in a NOC A, B or 0 profession.

Good luck

Jun 12, 2017
And two of them were my own family member?

Good luck
And

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm still not sure you have a case for refugee. You can certainly try H&C - however it's difficult to get approved (low approval rates) and your situation is complicated by the fact that two of your attacks happened in Canada.

Were the rapes in both India and here reported to the police? Or do you have hospital records or something like that?

I would pay to get the advice of a good immigration lawyer before you file anything. I'm sorry again for your experiences.

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Yes you must talk with a good lawyer and explain everything. Inbox me If you need contact details of my lawyer, who I think is brilliant professional lawyer.

Novel

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
23-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-04-2017
Passport Req..
Awaiting
hi, i'm east indian and currently in caanda as international student. i got sexually assault 2 times by east indian men in canada. I also got sexually abuse when i was child (in india). i'm afraid to go back there after i finish my study. i have fear to face indian males and society. what i can do? can i apply as a refugee? help!
If you are an international student you may be able to continue to stay in Canada and work after graduation under this program - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
You see in the east Indian culture when a female get rape they blame her but not the rapist

Reactions: darkpassenger01

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You see in the east Indian culture when a female get rape they blame her but not the rapist
This may well be true but the OP implied 2 of these assaults happened in Canada so whether East Indian culture is involved or not this is Canada and such events that occur in Canada should always be reported to the police to pursue. Not clear whether the OP has or has not already done this.

Failing to do so whether the police take any action or not sort of weakens any slim chance of belief in any grounds for H&C based on anything that may or may have happened in home country.

Anyway as per previous posts here best consult a lawyer for an opinion and at least look at prolonging stay in Canada through the PGWP program post graduation.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
This may well be true but the OP implied 2 of these assaults happened in Canada so whether East Indian culture is involved or not this is Canada and such events that occur in Canada should always be reported to the police to pursue. Not clear whether the OP has or has not already done this.

Failing to do so whether the police take any action or not sort of weakens any slim chance of belief in any grounds for H&C based on anything that may or may have happened in home country.

Anyway as per previous posts here best consult a lawyer for an opinion and at least look at prolonging stay in Canada through the PGWP program post graduation.
sounds like from her post she did not report it to the police I could be wrong. in certain culture if they are rape here over in the west some of them do not go forward with the report or if they tell their parents half the time they do not press charges

Jun 12, 2017
sounds like from her post she did not report it to the police I could be wrong. in certain culture if they are rape here over in the west some of them do not go forward with the report or if they tell their parents half the time they do not press charges
I did reported it to the police, one guy is on probation now and for other case still waiting for trail. however, my child abuse was not reported.

Jun 12, 2017
two of them were my close family members.

I guess it will be hard for me to get PGWP because of delays in my studies. it took me more than 4 years to complete my diploma due to depression.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
two of them were my close family members.

I guess it will be hard for me to get PGWP because of delays in my studies. it took me more than 4 years to complete my diploma due to depression.
As long as you were a full time student throughout your studies, then you should have no issues getting a PGWP. If you were a part time student for two or more semesters or if you skipped any semesters - then a PGWP likely won't be possible.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.