+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Randomly selected for quality assurance

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011
My wife just got "randomly selected" for the "quality assurance exercise". We have had minimal travel, have lived in the same apartment since arrival, and she's worked in the same provincial government job since about 2 months after arrival (almost exactly 4 years now). Based on that, I would say hers is a low-risk application that wouldn't normally trigger heightened scrutiny, so it may actually be random.

The questionnaire is a big pain in the butt, an unpleasant expense (cheapest fingerprinting available is more than $50 with tax, and RCMP and local police no longer do the fingerprints for citizenship - only if THEY decide to fingerprint you!), and we'll probably need to pay for some of the travel records from other countries of residence, if we can get them at all (former Soviet countries tend not to be very helpful with this sort of thing).

withdraw your application and reapply..get rid of this bullshit

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
withdraw your application and reapply..get rid of this bullshit
Withdrawing could lead to even more headache. If I were to guess, the RQ trigger is probably associated with the UCI, and won't go away by re-applying. Might cause the officer to become suspicious that the applicant is hiding something.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
That is a very bad advice.
Yes, extremely bad advice. If we withdrew, they might ask for the same proofs again because we didn't provide them in the first process (withdrawing could arouse suspicions that there actually is a problem with the application), and then we'd have to pay the $530 application fee again (because the application is in process, only the $100 fee is refundable if we withdraw).

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Plus, we've already requested everything, now we're just waiting for the provincial health record to arrive, and then we're done. Hopefully it won't add more than a couple of months to the process.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Withdrawing an application can actually be a risk factor for an RQ and non-routine processing the next time you apply.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Withdrawing an application can actually be a risk factor for an RQ and non-routine processing the next time you apply.
This wouldn't surprise me at all, and it actually makes more sense than the random shit we have to do. My wife was here, other than a few short trips that we listed, and employed almost the entire time for the same employer, so we're not worried about the RQ, just irritated by the process.

Fiore2017

Oct 31, 2017
Hello Guys,
The same here, I sent my application in October and I was selected randomly for a Quality Assurance.
Checking my passport I notice that I don't have put a trip to USA (only one day) in my Cithinzhip application. Is it considerate Misrepresentation?
They asked me a lot of document. For example the lease contract, I had a contract only from 2016 to 2017. Before I was sharing an apartment without a contract and I was paying cash. How can I prove it?
I have the bank statement ,T4, T4A ecc for all years, six months of school note, birth certificate of my 2 kids born here, Helth record, Tickets flight of my trips (without boarding pass). Do you think is it enough or not to prove my presence here?
I already ask a FOIA from USA and CBA for Canada to prove my Enter/Exit record. For my trip to France where I can apply for an Exit and Entry record?
They ask also a translation all of the stamps in my passport. If the stamp is half in English and half in a foreign language I have to translate it or not?
I know a lot of question... but I'm really worried about all these documents!
Thank you in advance for your answer.

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011
Hello Guys,
The same here, I sent my application in October and I was selected randomly for a Quality Assurance.
Checking my passport I notice that I don't have put a trip to USA (only one day) in my Cithinzhip application. Is it considerate Misrepresentation?
They asked me a lot of document. For example the lease contract, I had a contract only from 2016 to 2017. Before I was sharing an apartment without a contract and I was paying cash. How can I prove it?
I have the bank statement ,T4, T4A ecc for all years, six months of school note, birth certificate of my 2 kids born here, Helth record, Tickets flight of my trips (without boarding pass). Do you think is it enough or not to prove my presence here?
I already ask a FOIA from USA and CBA for Canada to prove my Enter/Exit record. For my trip to France where I can apply for an Exit and Entry record?
They ask also a translation all of the stamps in my passport. If the stamp is half in English and half in a foreign language I have to translate it or not?
I know a lot of question... but I'm really worried about all these documents!

now they calling this bullshit a quality assurance..new name for RQ huh... i am 100% sure its not randomly..you must have done some mistake and raise enough suspecisions...

regarding sharing an apartment just make lease contract..is it any difficult...go to this link and down load and make it..dont make any thing so much difficult for you

http://www.freeottawainfo.com/ResidentialLease.pdf

azazaz

Jul 6, 2011
This wouldn't surprise me at all, and it actually makes more sense than the random shit we have to do. My wife was here, other than a few short trips that we listed, and employed almost the entire time for the same employer, so we're not worried about the RQ, just irritated by the process.
you can also write a letter and ask them why me ? and tell them you got irritated so much..share your worries with them and concerns..

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can also write a letter and ask them why me ? and tell them you got irritated so much..share your worries with them and concerns..
Don’t do this, this is stupid advice. It doesn’t matter why - the fact is you were selected.

Do not falsify a lease - just be transparent that during period x you were month-month and didn’t have an official lease.

It’s not misrepresentation to make a minor error - especially one that doesn’t impact the outcome. Simply complete the travel sheet again correctly and provide an explanation letter outlining that you forgot this one trip.

Fiore2017

Oct 31, 2017
Don’t do this, this is stupid advice. It doesn’t matter why - the fact is you were selected.

Do not falsify a lease - just be transparent that during period x you were month-month and didn’t have an official lease.

It’s not misrepresentation to make a minor error - especially one that doesn’t impact the outcome. Simply complete the travel sheet again correctly and provide an explanation letter outlining that you forgot this one trip.
Thank you for your time.
What about the stamp in my passport, they are asking for a translation of them if they aren't in English or French. What if they are Half in English and half in another language? Do I need the translation?
For a country that doesn't have an Exit/Enter record, I write a letter of explanation?
The last question, For the bank statement of 5 years do you think a USB with pdf documents is ok for them or I have to print all of them?

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Thank you for your time.
What about the stamp in my passport, they are asking for a translation of them if they aren't in English or French. What if they are Half in English and half in another language? Do I need the translation?
For a country that doesn't have an Exit/Enter record, I write a letter of explanation?
The last question, For the bank statement of 5 years do you think a USB with pdf documents is ok for them or I have to print all of them?
I guess you should always send hard copy of your documents. Make sure you make copy of whatever you send to cic.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your time.
1) I think it’s best to have it translated as they may request it later and it’ll just delay things.

2) No. you’ll need to print and provide!

Reactions: Fiore2017