+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Raised webform for COPR extension with IRCC - getting generic response only repeatedly

jeet_100

Sep 13, 2015
Hello members,

I raised a webform seeking extension of my COPR (it was approved before 18th March 2020); a generic response came from IRCC stating that I need to contact them next only when I am ready to travel. Then I raised another webform expressing my willingness clearly that I am ready to travel by March 2021 to Canada and settle there and sought their advice on the next steps. Later I got a response that it has been sent to the appropriate office - it has been over 40 days and I have not received any update from IRCC on the next steps.

Is the delay because I just expressed my willingness to travel and didnt provide the documents of my travel tickets and residence details like Air BnB booking etc. Although I have clearly mentioned to them that I will share my travel details etc. as soon as I get a confirmation of my visa extension. I have also stated that I am working with a company and will have to serve a notice period of 3 months before I travel to Canada and hence this is the reason why I have kept my travel timeline around March 2021.

Can someone guide me on the next steps what I should do - getting a bit impatient as I am not sure whether what sort of difficulties will come in my way for COPR extension or whether I will be denied the extension.

Mabila

May 28, 2019
They clearly asked you to contact them when you are ready to travel. I don’t understand what are you getting impatient about? When you are ready to travel and got everything looked after then contact them.
Simple

jeet_100

Sep 13, 2015
Thanks for the reply... I am indeed ready to travel but I need confirmation of the extension in advance due to the following reasons :

1) I am working in a company and there is a notice period of 3 months that need to be served.. Hence its better to get the confirmation of extension before I resign...

2) I will get a better deal for booking flight tickets if I book 2-3 months in advance of travel date

3) I will need a couple of months time to wind up everything on the home front like my furniture, Car etc... Which will need atleast a couple of months time

That's the reason why I am looking for extension confirmation or authorization letter atleast 3 months in advance from IRCC.