Application Type - CEC Inland
COPR - 10th February 2020
Border Crossing - Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
Border Crossing Date - 12th Feb 2020
Border Crossing Time OUT to U.S.A - 7:00 AM
Border Crossing Time Return to Canada - 7:25 AM
Application Processing Tine - 8:00 AM
PR Landing Completed - 8:30 AM
Documents needed for PR Landing - Work Permit, COPR ( Both Copies), Passport and an official ID ( Driving License, Health Card etc for address verification)
Cost for Crossing - 1 Dollar ( You don't have to pay when you are returning )

Note - Rainbow Bridge office doesn't process Work Permit Extension, so kindly take note of that otherwise it will be a waste of time.

Hello Guys,

So I just did my PR Landing today from Niagara Falls ( Rainbow Bridge) and I would say it was the smoothest process that you could ever believe (At least my experience ). I reached Niagara falls on 11th Feb at 9 pm after my work, I had booked a cheap hotel just near the bridge ( named "Travelodge by Windham Niagara Falls" ) for 60 bucks. Actually that was the best option as I didn't had to struggle in the morning to travel from Toronto as we can never predict the weather. Streets in Niagara Falls Downtown were empty like hell so if you are staying there for the night make sure you carry some extra food to survive as all the restaurants are closed till 6 pm ( I had to eat some chips and fruit to survive that night lol ).l The next day that is on 12th Feb I reached the Crossing at around 6:45 AM and crossed the border to the USA. USA ( CBP ) officers were very cool and didn't take much time to verify all my details and handed me that refusal slip. I was out on my way back to Canada within 25 mins. Once I reached the Canadian side I had to wait until 8 AM as the administrative processing starts at that time. There were about 6-7 people after me waiting to get their documents processed. I was lucky enough to have myself first in the queue. After like 5 mins the CBSA officer called my name and I submitted all my documents. Within 20 mins the processing was done. I had to sign and then he congratulated me for Becoming PR. Also, he advised me that I should receive my PR Card within 60 calendar days. So this was the whole journey of my PR Landing.

If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask me here in this forum. I would love to help you guys. I hope my experience will help all of those who are planning to flagpole in the future.

Thanks,
Gavin Dsilva

Reactions: karthikb_itpro

nomiabid94

Feb 10, 2019
Hi Gavin, Did you cross the border on foot? And where did you wait once you returned to the Canadian side? I've read some threads where some people have mentioned that if you come back to the Canadian side before 8am, they don't let you wait and re-enter you to Canada and ask you to repeat the flagpoling procedure again

gavindsilva

Nov 3, 2019
Hi Gavin, Did you cross the border on foot? And where did you wait once you returned to the Canadian side? I've read some threads where some people have mentioned that if you come back to the Canadian side before 8am, they don't let you wait and re-enter you to Canada and ask you to repeat the flagpoling procedure again

Yes i crossed on foot . I had to wait inside the CBSA office . No that's not true you have to wait until 8 am no matter what as that's the time when CBSA officers start their administrative processing.

Shivramkb

Mar 6, 2020
Guys,
Just to add my experience here.
I did my landing on 12th Feb 2020 at the Rainbow bridge but I drove over the bridge, got the entry denial letter from US CBP around 7.40 AM, CBP asked me to wait until 8 AM to cross the toll ($4 USD). Reached Canada border gate at 8.05 AM and parked my car in front of the CBSA office. It took exactly 12 minutes to complete my landing process. You don't need to have a US visa to drive over the bridge for flag polling process.

Few points to considers if you are driving over the bridge for flag polling:
1. Don't go too early (before 8 AM) else you have two repeat the flap poll 2 times, CBP agent asked me to wait for 15 mins under the canopy
2. This option works out a lot cheaper as it is only $4 USD than parking car elsewhere and flag poll by walk
3. GPS address for the bridge, follow the sign (bridge to USA)
5660 Falls Avenue
Niagara Falls ON L2E 3P6

Shivramkb

Mar 6, 2020
As it has been answered already, you don't need US visa whatsoever for flag poling either by car or by walk.

Flagpoling is the process of exiting Canada, being refused entry to the USA, and re-entering Canada to validate your new immigration status in Canada. Since you are not legally entering USA you do not need any Visa for this process.

Reactions: karthikb_itpro

jaer

Nov 5, 2021
Application Type - CEC Inland
COPR - 10th February 2020
Border Crossing - Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
Border Crossing Date - 12th Feb 2020
Border Crossing Time OUT to U.S.A - 7:00 AM
Border Crossing Time Return to Canada - 7:25 AM
Application Processing Tine - 8:00 AM
PR Landing Completed - 8:30 AM
Documents needed for PR Landing - Work Permit, COPR ( Both Copies), Passport and an official ID ( Driving License, Health Card etc for address verification)
Cost for Crossing - 1 Dollar ( You don't have to pay when you are returning )

Note - Rainbow Bridge office doesn't process Work Permit Extension, so kindly take note of that otherwise it will be a waste of time.

Hello Guys,

So I just did my PR Landing today from Niagara Falls ( Rainbow Bridge) and I would say it was the smoothest process that you could ever believe (At least my experience ). I reached Niagara falls on 11th Feb at 9 pm after my work, I had booked a cheap hotel just near the bridge ( named "Travelodge by Windham Niagara Falls" ) for 60 bucks. Actually that was the best option as I didn't had to struggle in the morning to travel from Toronto as we can never predict the weather. Streets in Niagara Falls Downtown were empty like hell so if you are staying there for the night make sure you carry some extra food to survive as all the restaurants are closed till 6 pm ( I had to eat some chips and fruit to survive that night lol ).l The next day that is on 12th Feb I reached the Crossing at around 6:45 AM and crossed the border to the USA. USA ( CBP ) officers were very cool and didn't take much time to verify all my details and handed me that refusal slip. I was out on my way back to Canada within 25 mins. Once I reached the Canadian side I had to wait until 8 AM as the administrative processing starts at that time. There were about 6-7 people after me waiting to get their documents processed. I was lucky enough to have myself first in the queue. After like 5 mins the CBSA officer called my name and I submitted all my documents. Within 20 mins the processing was done. I had to sign and then he congratulated me for Becoming PR. Also, he advised me that I should receive my PR Card within 60 calendar days. So this was the whole journey of my PR Landing.

If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask me here in this forum. I would love to help you guys. I hope my experience will help all of those who are planning to flagpole in the future.

Thanks,
Gavin Dsilva
oh wow..hopefully i would have the same experience.
in my case, i have a work permit visa on my passport under the HSW program..
I'm an inland applicant..was not issued a work permit, which was suppose to come on mail as per website
however, my application was treated as if i was an outside applicant
so, basing from the response from IRCC, i have to go to the border and present the letter of introduction and together with the work visa i ahve on my passport.
I'm a bit scared coz i know it can be a nerve wrecking experience.
i'm planning to go there this Wednsday together with a friend who will drive me since she already goes in and out of the country by land
Any tips? or idea what the questions would be?
thank u