+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Racism in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBS123

Nov 29, 2008
Hi. Can anyone in this forum throw light on racism in Canada. As i have applied for immigration to Canada, i am worried about this issue. What are your views.
Thanks.

A

adnan_hsn

AbuMalik said:
Not sure about racism.. but some elements of your country are terrorising entire world..
[/quote]

I know KBS123's question was silly to be asked on such a forum but I dont blame him cuz hes probably never been out of the country before so hes scared; and hes so innocent he doesnt know what kind of replies to expect from racist b@$terds on a public forum. But thanks a lot for yr 'productive' input DadMalik. It will indeed be informative for the readers.

KBS123

Nov 29, 2008
Thanks adnan_hsn. You are absolutely right. It will be my first visit if i get the visa. Any way thanks again for such a good advice.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sure racism exists in Canada but I haven't seen very much of it. Nobody in Canada really cares too much what religion you are. I've worked with some people for years without ever discussing it. I think it's a good way to keep the peace.

abhi_hola

Star Member
Nov 16, 2008
I have been in USA for sometime; I have not seen much racism, but may be southern states are;
during layoffs however, non-whites get a bigger boot;
personally, I think my home country is more racist; if you look at any matrimonial site in your or your neighbouring country, we always want a 'fair' girl, from a certain caste or ethnicity or race! how do you describe that?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Racism exists within races too. I remember I saw an interview with an African American girl who was affected by some disorder that made her temporarily a lot darker than she was before. She said she felt a lot of rasicm, not from white people but from other black people who were lighter than she had now become. Also her friends seemed to feel the need to make excuses for her to people they were just meeting as in "she isn't normally this dark, she has this disorder" as if it mattered.

I don't think I've seen any racism in my workplace. If there are layoffs, it goes by seniority and/or position.

A

adnan_hsn

AbuMalik said:
Not sure about racism.. but some elements of your country are terrorising entire world..
In response to AbuMalik and all those who can sell so easily to the agenda of mostly jewish dominated western media:

SHOES ARE TRACED OUT

The pair of shoes which was thrown at Mr.Bush in Iraq has links to Pakistan , said a statement from Pentagon. They have the following proofs:

i) The journalist had visited Pakistan earlier this year.

ii) He received his training of throwing shoes by a Pakistan based Jihadi organization.

iii) The DNA sample of leather has revealed that the animal whose skin was used for manufacturing the shoe had traces of grass which is grown in North of Pakistan and this skin was collected by a 'Jihadi' organization on Eid-ul-Adha this month

In response to this it has been decided to ban the 'Jihadi' organisations and a country wide crackdown has been launched against all the suspected cobblers in Pakistan.

ahmedj83

Aug 20, 2008
I think "racism" exits everywhere in the world. its just part of human nature. But , as we are civilized people and societies, i think such things should not be visible or of big deal. The majority of racism incidents only happens when teenage kids fight with each other......so its not big deal.

thankx

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
adnan_hsn said:
AbuMalik said:
In response to AbuMalik and all those who can sell so easily to the agenda of mostly jewish dominated western media:

SHOES ARE TRACED OUT

The pair of shoes which was thrown at Mr.Bush in Iraq has links to Pakistan , said a statement from Pentagon. They have the following proofs:

i) The journalist had visited Pakistan earlier this year.

ii) He received his training of throwing shoes by a Pakistan based Jihadi organization.

iii) The DNA sample of leather has revealed that the animal whose skin was used for manufacturing the shoe had traces of grass which is grown in North of Pakistan and this skin was collected by a 'Jihadi' organization on Eid-ul-Adha this month

In response to this it has been decided to ban the 'Jihadi' organisations and a country wide crackdown has been launched against all the suspected cobblers in Pakistan.
very well said adnan_hsn, I really enjoyed ur reply man.

C

cchabert

rupeshhari said:
I lived in a southern state for a while and (perhaps because) it was in a big city, i didn't feel any racism. Not any more than i would feel elsewhere. I heard people who are unmarried do feel a bit of racism when it comes to dating, but this is common in every country. i expect Canada to be more fair since Canada has even extended equal rights to gays, which is now in the forefront of civil right litigation in the US.
You lived in the southern state of which country? Canada or USA? I'm living since 2000 in Atlanta, GA and let me tell you here is racism everywhere and more since the anti-immigrant policies start, if you look Hispanic, the police stop you and ask for your papers if you don't have them they capture you and send you to INS and deported the next day if you paid the bail if not, you stay there many months and also be deported at the end, you can read more info in the Hispanic newspapers.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
I agree, in Atlanta people are prejudice as well as their local laws. You gotta live in LA where you just blend in with all nationalities no matter what color.

A

adnan_hsn

Wow,thats pretty insenstive considering that persons trained in Pakistan just recently massacred innocent people in Bombay. Some Pakistanis might be offended at your message (even if you might be a Pakistani).
[/quote]

Your sense of humour need some improvements made my friend. By this joke I was trying to make a point and I'm sure intelligent people got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.