RA / TA Work expérience under FSW

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Hi all.

My girlfriend is currently a full-time student in a 2-year research master’s programme offered by a Canadian university. She is actively enrolled in that programme, of course. And that she has a full-time research assistant contract and a part-time teaching assistant contract throughout her studies.

Here comes the question. Can her experiences working as an RA and TA counted towards working experiences under Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) programme? I have done quite a number of research in this online, but the response I receive is confusing. Please, can anyone here actually clarify it for me? Thanks a tonne!

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Hi all.

My girlfriend is currently a full-time student in a 2-year research master’s programme offered by a Canadian university. She is actively enrolled in that programme, of course. And that she has a full-time research assistant contract and a part-time teaching assistant contract throughout her studies.

Here comes the question. Can her experiences working as an RA and TA counted towards working experiences under Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) programme? I have done quite a number of research in this online, but the response I receive is confusing. Please, can anyone here actually clarify it for me? Thanks a tonne!
RA/TA experience outside Canada can be used as work experience but if it's inside Canada then she can't.

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Thanks for your response.

However, I found from the link that:

“To be considered under the Federal Skilled Worker Program:

Your work experience must have been full-time (or the equivalent in part-time hours), worked continuously and paid, for at least one year in the same occupation.”

Nothing else has been stated for FSW.
According to you,what does FSW stand for ?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW

ramseriv

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Hi all.

I have the same question as I am soon to be teaching assistant, may someone give me the answer?

javaw

Apr 26, 2022
I also had experience as an RA and TA while doing my PhD in Canada. You cannot use Canadian work experience gained while you were a full-time student in Canada.

When you are filling the PR application and you are listing your work experience it specifically asks if you were enroll as full time student during that time.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo