+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quitting my job while waiting for SDS process

Jul 28, 2022
Hi guys, I originally intend to apply for Sept intake under SDS category but unfortunately my major was out of slot thats why I have to defer to Jan intake. One thing is still confusing me is that my agent and everyone I asked told me that I can not quit my job while waiting for my visa result as embassy might reach out to my company for a verification due to the fact that I am a single woman in my mid 30s which is a riskier case than other normal individual. Honestly I am so feed up with my job right now as everyone in my team left and I have to take a huge handover amount of job and the working environment is not that good too, Im so stressful.
Did anyone go through the same process before? Is it really affect my visa result if I quit my job after submitting my visa application?
Thanks in advance

LeeLe

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
Hi guys, I originally intend to apply for Sept intake under SDS category but unfortunately my major was out of slot thats why I have to defer to Jan intake. One thing is still confusing me is that my agent and everyone I asked told me that I can not quit my job while waiting for my visa result as embassy might reach out to my company for a verification due to the fact that I am a single woman in my mid 30s which is a riskier case than other normal individual. Honestly I am so feed up with my job right now as everyone in my team left and I have to take a huge handover amount of job and the working environment is not that good too, Im so stressful.
Did anyone go through the same process before? Is it really affect my visa result if I quit my job after submitting my visa application?
Thanks in advance
Yes. It might effect. I understand job is somehow stressful. But just hang in there. May i ask if you already applied for a sp?

Jul 28, 2022
Yes. It might effect. I understand job is somehow stressful. But just hang in there. May i ask if you already applied for a sp?
Yes I already submited today, my colleague went under SDS category in 2018 and she said no one called to check but I heard nowadays its getting more difficult, my agent said that normally they only check small company but since I am currently working for a big bank, I am considering the risk to take action

LeeLe

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
I see. I dont know how your relationship with your colleague or your boss if you know what i mean. To be honest, try to get a letter of confirmation about your job from HR. If during the waiting time, you cannot handle the situation or stress anymore, then that letter somehow may save you (you can submit it to prove that you used to work there). Anw, just try your best.

Reactions: Rachelle Nguyen
Jul 28, 2022
Thank you, my agent helped me to submit a recommendation letter together with my staff card, my relationship with ex boss is okay but not with the current one thats why I want to leave so bad. Thanks again for ur advice

LeeLe

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
Thank you, my agent helped me to submit a recommendation letter together with my staff card, my relationship with ex boss is okay but not with the current one thats why I want to leave so bad. Thanks again for ur advice
No worries. Anw, just remember why you are working right now. You have a further purpose. Dont let anyone destroy that.