+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quitting Job after getting PR invitation

Ellie321

Jul 23, 2020
Hi,

I am currently employed at a company, but this company does not respect employee's well beings, so I would like to quit in a month. But, I am currently in the middle of applying for PR, so I got worried. I have already received the PR invitation and am waiting for my documents to go under review after submission. Will being unemployed affect my application for PR in this case? Also, will I have to let IRCC know about my unemployment if it happens?

Thank you.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hi,

I am currently employed at a company, but this company does not respect employee's well beings, so I would like to quit in a month. But, I am currently in the middle of applying for PR, so I got worried. I have already received the PR invitation and am waiting for my documents to go under review after submission. Will being unemployed affect my application for PR in this case? Also, will I have to let IRCC know about my unemployment if it happens?

Thank you.
As long as you meet the minimum experience criteria it does not matter if you have a job or not that being said DO NOT quit your job unless you have another job offer or other source of income.

Your PR approval is not guaranteed, it is a complicated process and sometimes things may go wrong. You can only relax after you get your COPR.

Tanglechuu

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hi,

Thank you.
It depends on your situation. If this is a job in Canada and you have used the job to claim points for a job offer, then yes it will affect your application. If you have not claimed points for a job offer or are outside Canada, then no, it won't affect you unless it affects your financial situation to the point that you dont have enough funds when you land. You need to meet the same funds threshold when you land as when you submitted proof of funds with your application. Keep in mind that with the current situation no one knows how long it will take before you can land when you make this decision.

You do have to inform IRCC of employment changes, via webform. They didn't seem to care too much when I did but it does specifically ask you to.

Ellie321

Jul 23, 2020
I heard that once I get an invitation, my score freezes and having a job won't affect my score. But, this is just a theory and I've been trying to get in touch with the government with no luck. If having enough fund is going to be troublesome, that is fine since I have enough to hold my ground. I'm just worried that my application will be rejected because I don't have a job.