NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
PMM,

I want to quit my job and am thinking of standing on my own, will this affect my application and what document would I be expected to submit to CIC as backup document.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Badmus said:
PMM,

I want to quit my job and am thinking of standing on my own, will this affect my application and what document would I be expected to submit to CIC as backup document.
IF you have already submitted your application, it should have no effect on your application. You don't have to submit anything, but if you are becoming self employed, keep track of your contracts and make sure you have very good records of income and expenses.

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
Thank you very much PMM, I have submitted my application and have received AOR.

I will keep track of my contract very well. thanks once again.

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
:D Not only do you keep track of your contracts but also your bank account deposits and all the bills that you have to pay in order to be a self-employed worker.

Keep also a milage and expense log of your travels if you are having to travel for a business matter.

Depending on what kind of business you are in, I would advise you to keep every bill that you spend and give to your accountant as many time we think that it won't be applicable for an expense in our income tax return and it is or vica versa.

Do see an accountant that will give you all the green lights about being self-employed and it is great to be one's own boss. :D

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
Dancingfeather,

Thank you very much for that great guideline, I will keep as much as I can, will CIC need the papers.

aysomtin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2005
Badmus,

Congrats, you 've taken a bold step, it's better now than later.

I 've done that since last year November and currently am out of the country on business.

All the best

Just keep ur records - bank statements etc

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
:) Well, when I do a file, I put in more than they ask for and it has always worked out well for me. You can have your accountant when he makes your incometax return, give you a copy and you include a copy with your application, you also give a copy of your business liscence, and I would give a copy of your bank statement of all your transactions. I always like to give an edge, knowing that they are human beings and are always wanting to know exactly what your doing.

I was told if everyone completed a file like I do, it would save alot of time and energy for the Agents. I haven't had a refusal yet.

If you have assests, car, house etc..do put a copy of ownership, also you must have the minimum of 10,000$ equivalent cn. to prove you are capable of taking care of yourself until u find a job but you are more likely to be appealing if you have even more, the more you show, the better.

Give original Birth Certificates and Marriage also if u r married because these will be asked for later. I do alot of things that saves a person at least one year of waiting.

Also pay up front the whole amount for completely. If you are accepted then you have already paid up and saves at least 3 months as they don't have to write to you..because we'll say if they wait 3 months before answering you and then u send the money..then another 3 months goes by and then they ask you for more, you get what i am saying. If you pay completely the whole amount that will be required, you are saving you and them alot of time, at least one year.

Besides if you are refused your money will be returned except for the initial amount for studying your file.

I have many other things I do so that it saves time and money and anxiety.

A well prepared file is exactly like getting married..everything must be perfect in order that all goes well and we examin every little detail to make sure that all is perfect..right?

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
[flash=200,200][/flash]

It is not a very good idea to quit your job not at this stage. It is best you keep your job or have a next one until you are ready to migrate.