+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quit my job after submitting Express Entry Application

ntanhuynh

Jun 16, 2018
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, I no longer want to stay at my current job (which I used to claim the experience for my Express Entry experience). So I have some questions for you guys:
1. Can I leave my job?
2. Will it affect my application when the officer calls and verify my information and my company says I'm no longer here?
3. Do I have to notify CIC and how?

I'm under CEC stream - no PNP or LMIA.

Appreciate your help! May all of us receive PPR soon :) Thank you.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
you can leave your job and inform CiC about it in a CSE (this is only if you already have an ITA/AOR) https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

if you dont have an ITA, you can just make changes to your EE, no need to raise a CSE. the system will auto calculate your CRS points

if leaving your job impacts your score, your application could be rejected. find our more on this forum https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/canadian-experience-class.52/

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
you can leave your job and inform CiC about it in a CSE (this is only if you already have an ITA/AOR) https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

if you dont have an ITA, you can just make changes to your EE, no need to raise a CSE. the system will auto calculate your CRS points

if leaving your job impacts your score, your application could be rejected. find our more on this forum https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/canadian-experience-class.52/
hi mapleleaf,

we are considering my husband leaving his job - being in CEC inland stream. Why you think we need to inform CIC through CSE? current work doesn't give additional points - he has been working for 1,5 year

thanks

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
hi mapleleaf,

we are considering my husband leaving his job - being in CEC inland stream. Why you think we need to inform CIC through CSE? current work doesn't give additional points - he has been working for 1,5 year

thanks
Hi Only in case where the primary applicant is going thru important changes like job, family etc then it must be reported to CiC. If your husband is not the pti art applicant AND you have not used his experience do gain the additional spouse points, then you do not need to tell Cic about his job changes.

Brijesh_desai

Apr 9, 2020

Does it matters if you are unemployed after leaving your job while on application?

Brijesh_desai

Apr 9, 2020
I only got my invitation and preparing to submit documents so is it ok to leave the current job as my points are based on my first year canadian work experience

Rammysidhu

May 2, 2019
Hi everyone
I have some questions regarding express entry such as
  1. I have one year of NOC code experience and I am leaving my current job. Is it ok to join a job which doesn’t fall under the noc category as I have enough points to apply. But I am confused .
  2. I am married but I didn’t update my husband’s name on my passport yet. Does it matter for CIC.please assist.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone
I have some questions regarding express entry such as
  1. I have one year of NOC code experience and I am leaving my current job. Is it ok to join a job which doesn’t fall under the noc category as I have enough points to apply. But I am confused .
  2. I am married but I didn’t update my husband’s name on my passport yet. Does it matter for CIC.please assist.
1. Yes. If you meet eligibility and have language and ECAs completed then you can submit a profile.
2. State that you are married in your profile. You don't have to have your name on your husband's passport.

LRE.2021

Jan 26, 2021
Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, I no longer want to stay at my current job (which I used to claim the experience for my Express Entry experience). So I have some questions for you guys:
1. Can I leave my job?
2. Will it affect my application when the officer calls and verify my information and my company says I'm no longer here?
3. Do I have to notify CIC and how?

I'm under CEC stream - no PNP or LMIA.

Appreciate your help! May all of us receive PPR soon :) Thank you.
I have the same scenario. And I am interested to find out what happened to you? Did you quit? Did it affect your express entry application?

LRE.2021

Jan 26, 2021
I have the same scenario. And I am interested to find out what happened to you? Did you quit? Did it affect your express entry application?

Patik0817

Mar 27, 2021
i resigned from my job while waiting for my visa. I have submitted all of mu requirements and even done with my biometrics and medical. Does it affect the approval of my visa if i am unemployed? Thanks for ur reply.

Lucky singh

Mar 30, 2021
Hello
I received an ITA but I’m no longer working at same job and same position although I have a complete 1 year of experience. Is it ok to not working on same job ?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
i resigned from my job while waiting for my visa. I have submitted all of mu requirements and even done with my biometrics and medical. Does it affect the approval of my visa if i am unemployed? Thanks for ur reply.
Inform CIC about your resignation by raising a webform. Submit Letter of explanation along with your experience letter.