+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quit job/Move to US while PR is in progress

sumit10

Jun 25, 2021
Hi everyone,
I am planning to apply for a PR in CEC category and will be applying my job offer as well to receive additional points. However i am wondering if i quit my job and start working for some other employer in canada or maybe in US, how does it affect the PR process? Do i need to inform them of job change and suppose if i start a job in US instead , does it mean the PR process will be revoked? I have already completed 1 year so points that i got should still be valid right?

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,
I am planning to apply for a PR in CEC category and will be applying my job offer as well to receive additional points. However i am wondering if i quit my job and start working for some other employer in canada or maybe in US, how does it affect the PR process? Do i need to inform them of job change and suppose if i start a job in US instead , does it mean the PR process will be revoked? I have already completed 1 year so points that i got should still be valid right?

Thanks in advance.
If you want to leave and work in the US, then you will want to make sure you aren't claiming points for having a job offer.

As long as you don't claim points for a job offer, there shouldn't be any issues.

sumit10

Jun 25, 2021
Thanks @scylla , It makes sense. One more question: Does it matter if I use the job offer points, get the PR and then move to the US? Is there any minimum requirement for me to continue the job?