+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quickest way to bring my family to Canada

Odonga

Oct 28, 2020
Hello everybody,

My refugee claim got approved recently. Now my wife and kid are in Pakistan. What is the quickest way to bring them to Canada? Can I apply a visitor visa for them? Or how long the sponsorship take?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everybody,

My refugee claim got approved recently. Now my wife and kid are in Pakistan. What is the quickest way to bring them to Canada? Can I apply a visitor visa for them? Or how long the sponsorship take?
You can certainly try for a TRV but there are very little chance of success. it will take around 2 years for them to receive PR through your PR application,

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
You can certainly try for a TRV but there are very little chance of success. it will take around 2 years for them to receive PR through your PR application,
@canuck78 i was accpted as a protected person convention refugee . Im 20 yrs old . My pr is in progress and estimated completion is august 2021 . I really want to meet my parents. Cz its been more thn 2 years i havent seen them . Can i apply trv for my parents once i get my pr ? Will that be a gd idea ? And do u think chances of getting trv will be low for my parents as i will get my pr as a protected person . So will it make visa officer think that my parents wont go back ?
Your advice will be highly appreciated thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@canuck78 i was accpted as a protected person convention refugee . Im 20 yrs old . My pr is in progress and estimated completion is august 2021 . I really want to meet my parents. Cz its been more thn 2 years i havent seen them . Can i apply trv for my parents once i get my pr ? Will that be a gd idea ? And do u think chances of getting trv will be low for my parents as i will get my pr as a protected person . So will it make visa officer think that my parents wont go back ?
Your advice will be highly appreciated thanks
They can certainly apply for a TRV. They will want to demonstrate strong ties to their home country (e.g. employment, property, assets, bank statement). Unfortunately the chances are quite high that they may be refused due to your refugee claim. However you can certainly try to apply and maybe they will get lucky.

If they are refused, then you will need to plan to meet up with them in a third country (not your home country) which you can all easily visit. Good luck.

Reactions: canuck78

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
They can certainly apply for a TRV. They will want to demonstrate strong ties to their home country (e.g. employment, property, assets, bank statement). Unfortunately the chances are quite high that they may be refused due to your refugee claim. However you can certainly try to apply and maybe they will get lucky.

If they are refused, then you will need to plan to meet up with them in a third country (not your home country) which you can all easily visit. Good luck.
Thsnks alot for information . Yes i will give a try if it doesnt work. Thn i will go n meet them in a third country

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thsnks alot for information . Yes i will give a try if it doesnt work. Thn i will go n meet them in a third country
If they have previously traveled to countries requiring visas such as the US and UK, that will help their application and they should include this information as well.

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
If they have previously traveled to countries requiring visas such as the US and UK, that will help their application and they should include this information as well.
No my father has only been to UAE and hv spent more thn 15 years there . Btw @scylla if i first apply trv for my father . And my mom will stay back home . What do u think will that be a gd option and strong reason that my father will go back to PAKISTAN . Once my father get his visa . Thn after some time i will apply for my mom too ?
do u wnna give me any advice ? I will really appreciate it . Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No my father has only been to UAE and hv spent more thn 15 years there . Btw @scylla if i first apply trv for my father . And my mom will stay back home . What do u think will that be a gd option and strong reason that my father will go back to PAKISTAN . Once my father get his visa . Thn after some time i will apply for my mom too ?
do u wnna give me any advice ? I will really appreciate it . Thanks
You may increase the chances if only one of your parents applies and uses the second parent to demonstrate ties to the home country. However if you do this and one of your parents is approved, then I think the chances of your second parent being approved with be extremely low.

Ultimately up to you. Good luck.

Reactions: Shafiqahmad

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
You may increase the chances if only one of your parents applies and uses the second parent to demonstrate ties to the home country. However if you do this and one of your parents is approved, then I think the chances of your second parent being approved with be extremely low.

Ultimately up to you. Good luck.
Thanks alot for the information.
I think thn i will apply for both of them in first attempt as I know chances will be low . But just to try our luck . If they get refuse thn i will apply for one of them . Alo my father has two marriages i hope this wont make a problem. And i will submit FRC which has the information of my step siblings and my step mom . They are in Pakistan too . So i think family ties are strong . Btw @scylla thankyew so much once again

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
I think thn i will apply for both of them in first attempt as I know chances will be low . But just to try our luck . If they get refuse thn i will apply for one of them . Alo my father has two marriages i hope this wont make a problem. And i will submit FRC which has the information of my step siblings and my step mom . They are in Pakistan too . So i think family ties are strong . Btw @scylla thankyew so much once again
when scylla said family ties. he doesn't mean relationships. he might employment, property, assets, bank statement. financial and valuable things one will not abandon in their country of residence to stay in canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
IRCC won't recognize your father's second marriage.

If the first visa attempt is refused then it's pretty much guaranteed the second will be as well. I would suggest you put together as strong an application as possible on your first try.