+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quickest PNP paths

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Hello,

Since the cutoffs are not getting any lower and there is no sign that they will be soon, I have been looking for the PNP opportunities. But I want progress in 2017 already, at least a nomination. So I'm looking for the quickest path I can take.

EE Score: 431
IELTS: 8.0
NOC: 2281
ADDITIONAL: I do not have any connection to Canada and I do not have any job offer.

Alberta, British Columbia, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories and Yukon are either Employer Driven and/or LMIA is a must. So without a job offer, none of these are applicable.

Manitoba and New Brunswick require traveling to the provinces to join sessions or visiting communities. Even after that, nothing is guaranteed. So they seem to be long shots for 2017.

Saskatchewan has an online application process. Although there is no sign what will happen in 2017, it seems that SINP can be one of the paths for me.

Ontario is probably the biggest hope for everyone who is between 400-450 points in the EE pool. Should be open on November. If they don't change their 400+ rule, Ontario is my number one path for now.

Prince Edward Islands seems to be extremely quiet. I sent the form last week and will wait for 60 days. I will see what happens. But what I get from the comments people write about it, I don't have high hopes.

Nova Scotia has occupations-in-demand list. 2281 was not in the list last time, I will see what will happen next time.

New Brunswick's last intake for open category was closed at 15th of July. 2281 was listed one of the NOCs but unfortunately I missed it. I will be waiting for the next intake.

I hope this list helps others too, and please let me know if I am missing any other opportunities.

Thanks.

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Toldo said:
NB does not require to make an exploration visit.
It is written here you have to attend an NBPNP information session to be eligible.

http://www.welcomenb.ca/content/wel-bien/en/immigrating_and_settling/how_to_immigrate/new_brunswick_provincialnomineeprogram/New_Brunswick_express_entry/EligibilityRequirements.html

KosKam

Sep 13, 2016
I have also checked some of these PNPs...since I got less than 400 for my EE score, I'm guessing SINP is my best bet for now.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
mhbin said:
It is written here you have to attend an NBPNP information session to be eligible.

http://www.welcomenb.ca/content/wel-bien/en/immigrating_and_settling/how_to_immigrate/new_brunswick_provincialnomineeprogram/New_Brunswick_express_entry/EligibilityRequirements.html
Yes, but they are not held in NB. NB PNP officers travel internationally, you have to wait for them to come to your city. They sometimes restrict attendance to legal residents and citizens as some people have made travel plans as tourists to simply attend sessions.

robsonmin

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Brazil - Sao Paulo
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-JAN-2016
Doc's Request.
13-MAY-2016
Nomination.....
09-JUN-2016
AOR Received.
30-SEP-2016
IELTS Request
Provided on application
Med's Request
27 Feb 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Probably 10 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Must be before May 2017 because Visa Validity
I suggest you to try SINP - OID - Occupations in Demand, I have the same NOC 2281 and I received in June my nomination without a job offer, but unfortunately in the last round our NOC not in the pool for OID, but you can try apply in 2171 NOC.
My timeline is-
Applied : 2016, Jan 04
Received Nomination from SINP : June 09
CIC received my paper based : June 23
Waiting for Aor: Probably until end of September.
Land - Hope December of 2017.

I am from Brazil.
Good Luck

mhbin said:
Hello,

Since the cutoffs are not getting any lower and there is no sign that they will be soon, I have been looking for the PNP opportunities. But I want progress in 2017 already, at least a nomination. So I'm looking for the quickest path I can take.

EE Score: 431
IELTS: 8.0
NOC: 2281
ADDITIONAL: I do not have any connection to Canada and I do not have any job offer.

Alberta, British Columbia, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories and Yukon are either Employer Driven and/or LMIA is a must. So without a job offer, none of these are applicable.

Manitoba and New Brunswick require traveling to the provinces to join sessions or visiting communities. Even after that, nothing is guaranteed. So they seem to be long shots for 2017.

Saskatchewan has an online application process. Although there is no sign what will happen in 2017, it seems that SINP can be one of the paths for me.

Ontario is probably the biggest hope for everyone who is between 400-450 points in the EE pool. Should be open on November. If they don't change their 400+ rule, Ontario is my number one path for now.

Prince Edward Islands seems to be extremely quiet. I sent the form last week and will wait for 60 days. I will see what happens. But what I get from the comments people write about it, I don't have high hopes.

Nova Scotia has occupations-in-demand list. 2281 was not in the list last time, I will see what will happen next time.

New Brunswick's last intake for open category was closed at 15th of July. 2281 was listed one of the NOCs but unfortunately I missed it. I will be waiting for the next intake.

I hope this list helps others too, and please let me know if I am missing any other opportunities.

Thanks.

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
robsonmin said:
I suggest you to try SINP - OID - Occupations in Demand, I have the same NOC 2281 and I received in June my nomination without a job offer, but unfortunately in the last round our NOC not in the pool for OID, but you can try apply in 2171 NOC.
True, I can try that. It is closed to new applications as of now. Does it make sense to fill their online form and submit anyway, or should I just wait until the program is open?

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
bellaluna said:
Yes, but they are not held in NB. NB PNP officers travel internationally, you have to wait for them to come to your city. They sometimes restrict attendance to legal residents and citizens as some people have made travel plans as tourists to simply attend sessions.
Correct, I did too much generalization there. What I meant, they require traveling (unless they come to your city) and there is no guarantee even if you are lucky to catch one of their sessions.

I sent them an email a couple of days ago, requesting the schedule of their upcoming sessions. No reply yet.

Toldo

Jul 18, 2016
It happens every year in 7 in Cairo, Qatar, Dubai and London. However, they may suddenly make another one any time in relation to this. Any upcoming session will be declared on the site.

robsonmin

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Brazil - Sao Paulo
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-JAN-2016
Doc's Request.
13-MAY-2016
Nomination.....
09-JUN-2016
AOR Received.
30-SEP-2016
IELTS Request
Provided on application
Med's Request
27 Feb 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Probably 10 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Must be before May 2017 because Visa Validity
mhbin said:
True, I can try that. It is closed to new applications as of now. Does it make sense to fill their online form and submit anyway, or should I just wait until the program is open?
Fill all forms and wait , historically always in the first days os January 500 positions was open. I follow this suggest and I have success in Jan 3 , 2016.