Quick Tips on Citizenship Test

rupesh.gunapati

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
in Toronto downtown
I have my Citizenship test scheduled in 2 weeks, it would be great if i can get sometips from experienced people or who finished their Citizenship test recently in Ontario (I live in Downtown Toronto).

I got the Discover Canada, I had gone through it fully but it's a bit like story and now I am a bit afraid as I must pass 15 questions out of 20.

1. Are there any tips which can help to pass the test ?
2. I am totally confused about dates and years, do they really ask for years and dates in test ?
3. Any other suggestions for online test, i googled found many websites few are asking $75 for registration.

Please advise -

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Do a search on this forum. There is tons of links and tips for test!

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
I have my Citizenship test scheduled in 2 weeks, it would be great if i can get sometips from experienced people or who finished their Citizenship test recently in Ontario (I live in Downtown Toronto).

I got the Discover Canada, I had gone through it fully but it's a bit like story and now I am a bit afraid as I must pass 15 questions out of 20.

Yes, read the Discover Canada guide multiple times, 2-3 times at least.

2. I am totally confused about dates and years, do they really ask for years and dates in test ?
Remember the important years, skip the rest. I will skip the dates. If you try to go for everything, you might forget the basic things.

3. Any other suggestions for online test, i googled found many websites few are asking $75 for registration.
Please advise -
Go for the free ones, they are listed in a thread, search for it. There are also mobile apps, which are useful.

All the best.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada

Please advise -

Read the book multiple times. Try to remember all the dates. Read and learn the captions on the sides of the page, the questions might come from there. Download audio version of book and listen to it multiple times.
Try free online citizenship tests to learn additionally.
Don't rely only on free online tests to pass the exam.The official book should be your main study content.

chayon.gb

Mar 6, 2010
Citizenship Test Tips About the Citizenship Test Questions:

The test will have questions from the following topics:

Your rights, freedoms, and responsibilities

Canada’s history
Form of government

Politics and political history

Social and cultural history
Symbols

Tips During the Exam Day:
Just follow what the proctor/official say.

Usually, you have to do the things below:

Wait in a room with other applicants.

Enter the exam room when the proctor asks you.

Don’t sit next to your family members.

Listen to the proctor. Follow his or her instructions.

The test:
has 20 questions.
will be multiple choice type with one or two true/false questions.

requires you to answer questions in 30 minutes.

Answer at least 15 questions correctly to pass and don't skip any questions. Answer all the 20 questions.
Citizenship Test Tips About the Citizenship Test Questions:

The test will have questions from the following topics:

Your rights, freedoms, and responsibilities

Canada’s history
Form of government

Politics and political history

Social and cultural history
Symbols

The test:
has 20 questions.
will be multiple choice type with one or two true/false questions.

requires you to answer questions in 30 minutes.

Answer at least 15 questions correctly to pass and don't skip any questions. Answer all the 20 questions.
Be confident enough for the test with more tips here.: