29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Hi,

My sister sponsored my mother in Pakistan and we are expecting to hear from the embassy after the medical, info update foprms and police certs are submitted couple of months ago.

So, say, if the application is approved, do you get a letter informing you of that or you just get a letter asking you to send your passport? Do you pay your landing fee and send the receipt with the passport or first you pay the landing fee, send them the receipt and then they ask for the passport?

Thanks

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You say your mother is in Pakistan but your sister is sponsoring her inland. How does that work?
komar said:
Hi,

My sister sponsored my mother in Pakistan and we are expecting to hear from the embassy after the medical, info update foprms and police certs are submitted couple of months ago.

So, say, if the application is approved, do you get a letter informing you of that or you just get a letter asking you to send your passport? Do you pay your landing fee and send the receipt with the passport or first you pay the landing fee, send them the receipt and then they ask for the passport?

Thanks

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
You say your mother is in Pakistan but your sister is sponsoring her inland. How does that work?
The OP never said it was an inland app as there is no option for that Op mention their mom is in pakistan

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Yes my sister is in Canada. My mom is in Pakistan. So the application was processed first in Mississauga for two years and then transfered to Pakistan three years ago.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suppose I depended on your timeline on the left, which had `Vegreville`as the VO but it looks like that was for an earlier case.
komar said:
Yes my sister is in Canada. My mom is in Pakistan. So the application was processed first in Mississauga for two years and then transfered to Pakistan three years ago.

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Oh I am sorry about the confusion. The Vegreville one was for inland spouse sponsorship. Its just that CIC and I are in a looooong-term relationship ;)

ddobro2 said:
I suppose I depended on your timeline on the left, which had `Vegreville`as the VO but it looks like that was for an earlier case.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hahaha, lol. Have you checked with other Islamabad'ers? I know that they have the more long waiting period of VOs, and that's just for spousal sponsorships, and of course we know that it's even longer for other members of the family class. What's your timeline look like for this case?
komar said:
Oh I am sorry about the confusion. The Vegreville one was for inland spouse sponsorship. Its just that CIC and I are in a looooong-term relationship ;)

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
ddobro2 said:
Hahaha, lol. Have you checked with other Islamabad'ers? I know that they have the more long waiting period of VOs, and that's just for spousal sponsorships, and of course we know that it's even longer for other members of the family class. What's your timeline look like for this case?
My sister applied in 2005. File was transferred to Islamabad in 2008. We started getting letters from CIC this year. First it was the info update forms and police certs and then another one for medical. The police certs took some time so everything was submitted in July and I just got an email from my mother that she got a letter from CIC asking her to sbmit the landing fee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awesome. I wanted to say that I do not believe a VO will issue PPR without the RPRF fee having been paid. But you know with me having a different type of FC application and a different VO, I'm not exactly positive. If they ask for the RPRF to be paid, your mom will obviously be given a visa very soon (it may take a couple of months to process the RPRF and to issue the visa, but after having waited since 2005, I doubt you care!).
komar said:
My sister applied in 2005. File was transferred to Islamabad in 2008. We started getting letters from CIC this year. First it was the info update forms and police certs and then another one for medical. The police certs took some time so everything was submitted in July and I just got an email from my mother that she got a letter from CIC asking her to sbmit the landing fee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

mimina82

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/28/2014
AOR Received.
10/29/2014
File Transfer...
01/09/2015 (line later disappeared from ecas)
Interview........
03/27/2015
Congrats for your mom!! After such a long wait, surely you will be together very soon :) 8)

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Mimina82 and Ddobro2, thank you so much!!!

Being in a long and rocky relationship with CIC, I know you have to learn to live with WAITING for the next step/ letter ;D

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trust me, I admire your patience! :D
komar said:
Mimina82 and Ddobro2, thank you so much!!!

Being in a long and rocky relationship with CIC, I know you have to learn to live with WAITING for the next step/ letter ;D