+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick question

Spyro64

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
I sent my application away on Friday of last week and I got a question about when I come visit Canada while in the process.

When I am at Customs, what should I say so I get less harassed or anything else? They will ask me what am I doing in Canada and I would say I am visiting my Wife. Do I need to say I am in the middle of immigration processing? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Spyro64 said:
I sent my application away on Friday of last week and I got a question about when I come visit Canada while in the process.

When I am at Customs, what should I say so I get less harassed or anything else? They will ask me what am I doing in Canada and I would say I am visiting my Wife. Do I need to say I am in the middle of immigration processing? Thoughts?

Thanks!
I assume you are visa-exempt? To be safe, bring proof you've applied for PR(application fees receipt, AOR etc.) , and proof that you have ties to your home country (such as job, house). You don't need to say anything unless they ask. Just say you are visiting your wife. If they ask anything about PR, or quiz you, you can bring it up. As long as they don't think you are moving or trying to work in Canada, you shouldn't have a problem.