+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

quick question

ammar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2010
How much time does it take after you finish your ee profile to get an email. I have created mine 24 hours ago and still haven't heard anything what should i do ? what will be next steps after i create the profile is done is it job bank if i remember?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ammar86 said:
How much time does it take after you finish your ee profile to get an email. I have created mine 24 hours ago and still haven't heard anything what should i do ? what will be next steps after i create the profile is done is it job bank if i remember?
You will find your Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code in your MyCIC Account. You will need to activate your Job Bank using Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code. You can follow these steps for the same.

1. Login to your MyCIC account
2. Under 'View my submitted applications or profiles' click on 'Check status and messages'
3. On the page you are directed to, you will find a new message under 'Application Messages' with the subject 'Express Entry profile received - Next Steps - JobBank', click on that, you will see a PDF file which will have your Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code
4. Use Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code to activate your Job Bank account.

ammar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2010
Thanks everyone for your replies but even i activated my profile i still didn't receive any emails from cic how long does it usually take?

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
ammar86 said:
Thanks everyone for your replies but even i activated my profile i still didn't receive any emails from cic how long does it usually take?
In your MyCIC account, check under 'View my submitted applications or profiles' click on 'Check status and messages'. Does the last msg you received state "Welcome to Express Entry"?. If so, then that is the confirmation e-mail you are asking about. If no, then you may need to report this delay using "Report a technical issue" tab. Assuming that you have waited for over 48 hours.