+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quick Question regarding PGWP

Hensta

Sep 5, 2017
Hi guys,

Im waiting for my PGWP, and I am planning to go home since work permit takes longer than I thought.

And I have a few questions as follow:

1. If my work permit got approved while I am away, what visa status will I be when I am trying to come back to Canada?
- Visitor or Worker??

2. If I come back to Canada as a visitor, should I go to the border with my work permit to update my status? Or Does it update automatically from visitor to worker?

I'd really appreciate if anyone can answer me.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi guys,

Im waiting for my PGWP, and I am planning to go home since work permit takes longer than I thought.

And I have a few questions as follow:

1. If my work permit got approved while I am away, what visa status will I be when I am trying to come back to Canada?
- Visitor or Worker??

2. If I come back to Canada as a visitor, should I go to the border with my work permit to update my status? Or Does it update automatically from visitor to worker?

I'd really appreciate if anyone can answer me.

Answer to visitor or worker at the bottom of page in the link below. Note you will still of course need a valid TRV or if visa exempt an ETA to travel back to Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?top=22

hiralp87

May 22, 2022
Hi- Did you travel and were able to get back to Canada ok? and also the status from visitor to worker changed on its own? I would really appreciate any information you can provide?

Help me out please.